Taylor of Old Bond Street Soaps/Creams

My favourite is Eton College, its a lovely fresh citrus smell which I like.
A very close second is Jermyn Street, hard to describe the scent but this appears to be universally liked by most people. It's very soothing as well and is designed for sensitive skin.
I also like My Taylor and St James as well.

They all perform in a similar fashion, I cant see any distinguishable difference in the quality of the lather.

Jermyn Street is my favourite.

This is simply because it smells immense.

Some people say that the different lines perform differently. Personally, having used most of the range, I haven't noticed much difference in performance, so I'm simply ranking it on scent.

Eton College, St James and Mr Taylors are nice too. I tend to prefer 'named' scents more than specific scents (eg Rose, Lavender etc). Although I quite liked the Lemon and Lime too.

I haven't as yet tried their fairly new Coconut line, that is next on my list now that I have finished off my Trumpers Coconut, but it may not be for a few months yet, as I have quite a backlog to work through.

Soaps: Sandalwood and Jermyn St.

Creams: Almond and Avocado

They're all great performing products and these are the best of the bunch smell-wise for me.

Not tried any of their soaps. Shaving Shop is in my top five scents of all time so I rate that first. Second the new Coconut. Next Jermyn Street, then Sandalwood.
Don't much like lemon and lime (smells artificial). Rose and lavender are not favourite scents anyway although I do have a tub of Lavender as I occasionally get the urge to try it again. To be fair it's not bad.

Mr Taylor is my favourite, the scent reminds me of old school shaving foam, can't go wrong with that one. I like lemon and limes too, both perform great so I just go on scent. I do want to try Shaving Shop and the sandalwood next though.

In the performance and scent department I prefer T&H over TOBS, but having said that I do enjoy Jermyn Street. Some of TOBS 'foody' scents such as almond, coconut, etc. smell too artificial IMO.

Having tried the almond, coconut, leave dee and sandalwood I d say that the only difference I found is in the scent. I like almond and sandalwood more as if the scent seems to last longer. Coconut is very interesting if you are a fan as myself.

I love the rose because I love rose scents (being fond of gardening) but in truth it's the only one I've tried. My wife likes the rose too so it's a handy one to keep in the rotation now that she is converted to the DE. I quite like the Shaving Shop scent but the Mr Taylor's scent is just fabulous, I just wish the cologne lingered a little longer on me. I must try their new coconut cream but I wish they did violet like Trumpers as it is just wonderful but too rich for my pocket.

Re: RE: Taylor of Old Bond Street Soaps/Creams

Gairdner said:
I love the rose because I love rose scents (being fond of gardening) but in truth it's the only one I've tried. My wife likes the rose too so it's a handy one to keep in the rotation now that she is converted to the DE. I quite like the Shaving Shop scent but the Mr Taylor's scent is just fabulous, I just wish the cologne lingered a little longer on me. I must try their new coconut cream but I wish they did violet like Trumpers as it is just wonderful but too rich for my pocket.

Have you tried Boots Freshwood a/s for a similar smell to Mr. Taylor's at £3 a bottle?

Having stocks of various creams including T&H, Trumpers, Castle Forbes, Fitjar etc, I still come back to TOBS creams as my favourites,especially Jermyn St and Avocado. They are hard to beat both for lathering, smell and also price.

Back
Top Bottom