Tamed the evil Derby extra

As a former straight razor shaver this is the blade I was dreading the most.

My barber used to have Derby extra and a shavette for trimming and shaving.

This seemed like a great idea to me so I invested, try as I might those damn blades chopped my face to pieces every time.

Found plenty of others that were absolutely fine but the Derby blades found a place firmly in the bin (100 pack).

Skip forward to my swap to DE shaving and I decided to buy a sample pack of blades, Well I've been slowly making my way through trying them all out and staunchly avoiding the 5 pack of evil green goblins.

Today was the day I could avoid it no longer and decided my looks have pretty much faded anyway, so I loaded in a blade dragged out the first aid kit and went for it.

Well what can I say not so much as a nick they shaved perfectly acceptably not my favourite blade but far from my worst.

Value for money middle of the road blade imho and I simply cannot believe the difference compared to using them in a shavette.

DE has tamed these vampire blades.

I always found them perfectly smooth and acceptable, but just not quite sharp enough for me.(my Derby Extra's are old 2016 ones with vertical packaging, which i know are different to latest ones}

I wouldn't have any issues with using them again, but prefer my beloved Astra SP for almost the same level of smoothness, but noticeably sharper.

Have recently been working my way through a sample pack of Super Shave X blades and they feel like a definite step up from Derby's if you want a really smooth blade that glides over your face.

I always found them perfectly smooth and acceptable, but just not quite sharp enough for me.(my Derby Extra's are old 2016 ones with vertical packaging, which i know are different to latest ones}

I wouldn't have any issues with using them again, but prefer my beloved Astra SP for almost the same level of smoothness, but noticeably sharper.

Have recently been working my way through a sample pack of Super Shave X blades and they feel like a definite step up from Derby's if you want a really smooth blade that glides over your face.
Super Shave X Platinum blades are great blade. (y)

Back
Top Bottom