Take a closer look

In the 1970's there was a TV series called something like "Take a closer look" which filmed everyday objects at high magnification to see all the hidden visual wonders they contained.

I tried my own version by using a jeweller's loupe (powerful magnifying glass) and looking at the stubble on my face by looking at it in the mirror. What a scary vision! Especially the area under the nose. I'd only shaved a few hours ago and I could see each hair already proud of the skin. They looked like pretty tough blighters. It made me think what's the point in shaving if soon after my face looks like a forest of burnt trees under the magnifying glass.

If you've got a jeweller's loupe, have a go, if you dare!

I have found directly under the nose is a tough area to shave close. I do an ATG pass but do not want to put a nick in my nose trying too hard. The important point is do other people notice the stubble in that area?

Since starting the straight razor game, I can appreciate why Hitler sported his particular style of face fungus.

I try not to look in magnifying mirrors as they are pretty unforgiving. I find a good smear of vaseline (one or two lbs) on the glass works wonders for my self-esteem.

I have found directly under the nose is a tough area to shave close. I do an ATG pass but do not want to put a nick in my nose trying too hard. The important point is do other people notice the stubble in that area?
Try stretching the skin and approaching the area from the side. Works for me.

Back
Top Bottom