Swagger & Jack's Ultimate Shave Oil

This shave oil went straight to the top of my Favourites List after my visit to Norwich and has stayed there ever since. I use it as a pre-shave but it's good for pre- and post- as well as during shaving.

It comes in a brown plastic bottle with silver trim to top and bottom and pump action so it's easy to measure. I apply it straight after showering, beard still soft, while I drink my first cup of coffee of the day. Sometimes I lather over it, sometimes wash it off - either way, my beard is still soft and slick for shaving. It is a light oil with a peppery smell, very fresh - which my female cat goes bananas over, much more than me even - so a very little goes a long way. It is not expensive at under £9 for 100ml.

Does it make a difference? You betcha! Keeps my beard as soft as when I stepped out of the shower and reduces drag when shaving - even with a Derby!!

Tall_Paul said:
Can you only buy it in the shop?

Officially, yes. However, he's just mailed some more to me. Payment by cheque.

For some age related reason, I said it comes in a aluminium bottle in my OP - now corrected.

I gotta give this a go, I always use pre shave oil and I am just at the end of a bottle of Simpsons that I have not been too impressed with. My current favourite is T & H Ultimate Comfort, it's my bench mark.

I will give them a call and try to twist their arms ;)

Many thanks for the heads up fella!

picked up a bottle of this today from their shop as I was in norwich also got a tube of green proraso. nice oil gave a really good shave although I was using the stahly head for the first time as well. really helpful and welcoming staff in their shop using feather cut throats for their shaves too.

has anyone tried the murdock pre shave oil? It is one of my favourites very light as well and has an orange/cedar scent to it. Having looked at Bechet's pictures in a previous thread the products from the Norwich barbers look identical in packaging (referring to hair clays/pastes etc) to Murdock's too

If anyone passes near this place and wouldn't mind picking me a up a bottle PM me please.
I can PayPal or Bank Transfer.

Cheers.

I am going to pick up a bottle of Murdocks today, they have a shop just down the road from me :)
I will let you know what I think ;)

I take it you reckon this better than Proraso pre then? If so, can you tell me which barbers in Norwich it was please Bechet? I'm tempted to give it a try the next time I'm in town after your glowing testimony!

Yes, think that's it, turn leftist the next street past Frank's bar and there's a couple of barbers there I believe?

I shall have to go and explore as soon as possible, but won't be next weekend as I've already been told we're doing something. Hope it's something good, like eating & drinking!

They do have a website which might tell you where it is. It was near a bar I remember.

Their shaves were £25 I found a card of theirs earlier today with prices. Not too bad considering they use feather straights to shave you with.

That's the one - right opposite St Andrew's church. Their prices are on their website.

Whilst in Bridewell Alley, be sure to visit Mustard Coffee - a few doors up, on the opposite side. Very good coffee they roast themselves and a whole bunch of good food - cakes, buns, hot food, sandwiches - all made by themselves, on site. 'They' are four or five young women. Great atmosphere. Get to know other customers as you all sit at one long table. Or not, as you like!

The shave oil remains firmly at the top of my tree. If you like being pampered, I recommend a shave and/or haircut. Great place. Make an appointment to avoid disappointment - and enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom