surprised by boots DE

ok was on my way to the train station to go to poland and realised i had forgot the bulk of my toiletries, amobgst other bits i had to buy a razor and some shaving soap. so i thought cheap would be best as its only a holiday razor and ill only need it for a week. got the palmolive stick and the boots DE. i'm not sure if its just me who thinks this, and if it is due to my newsess to all of this but i found them both surprisingly good. got a lovely lather with the soap, and an irritation free close shave with the DE, even with the blades that came with it. has anyone else found this to be so??

Palmolive soap is excellent.

I bought a boots DE because my EJ DE89 was held up and I didn't want to buy any more cartridges.
So it was my first ever experience with DE. I hated it, but only because I had no technique.

BTW the blades are Israeli personas

I use the Palmolive stick on a regular basis and find that this is a really great soap and is part of my travel kit. As for the razor, had this as my first introduction to DE shaving, found it to be OK but not as good as my 34c or progress :) Still got it in the draw and my try using again now that my technique is better.
As for the blades, no problem with them as I think these are own branded Personna.

Cheers,
Geoff

well its enough to get in to DE razors as well ive already ordered one online. im definately going to have the palmolive soap for regular use as well. may even get a few more stick and squash them in to a shaving bowl.

cruciate said:
The Palmolive sticks are 49p in asda and tesco's at the moment.
There's no excuse if you haven't tried one!!

Bought one today as for 50p it's about as cheap as you're going to get. Will compare it to the Boots Shave stick :)

geezer said:
cruciate said:
The Palmolive sticks are 49p in asda and tesco's at the moment.
There's no excuse if you haven't tried one!!

Bought one today as for 50p it's about as cheap as you're going to get. Will compare it to the Boots Shave stick :)

TBH i didnt get on with the boots soap. but i did keep the plastic tub it comes in as a lathering bowl so it wasnt a total loss i guess ;)

Having only received my EJ last week I'm still getitng the hang of it all but loving the close shaves. I've bought a Boots DE as my weekend at home razor as I work away. Using palmolive soap as well as I used to use it and am getting in fine with it.

Back
Top Bottom