Suppose I was stupid enough too...

....drop a razor and damage the chrome plating, them stupid enough to polish through the plating while trying to repair it, who would you suggest I approach to get it sorted?

I’ve fired off a couple of emails, 1 to JJRazors. Any other suggestions?

I have a query out with a gold player that JKRazor recommended. I’ll see what he says. A quick google suggests some players will do it and some won’t....

A 2011

:(

I do have another

I was hoping to have it done rose gold to match a rose gold handle I have...
The problem lies with the base material i.e Zamak. When cast it can be plated it but to remove existing damaged plating, the chemicals and process that do the stripping, wreck the Zamak. Not so with brass or stainless steel. As far as I’m aware, aluminium is a bugger too.

Muhle-R41-Replacement-Top-Cap-Polished-1_1000x1000.jpg

Aimsport Razor Labs is creating high performance 3D printed designs to serve the needs of the international wetshaving community. Our first offerings fill a much needed gap in three piece razors, by providing tuned top caps for the Muhle R41 2013 and 2011 versions.

I've never tried an R41. I have always thought it'd be too aggressive for me, although with care I can usually get a good shave from an aggressive razor and I do like to get a very close shave.
Maybe I should get one since I will soon actually be 41.
I might not ever get an Edwin Jagger DE87....

I've never tried an R41. I have always thought it'd be too aggressive for me, although with care I can usually get a good shave from an aggressive razor and I do like to get a very close shave.
You can buy the R41 head only from Muhle and many other outlets. I’m not a lover of aggressive razor and although the ‘41 can bite, riding the cap tames it. The blade is clamped very close to the edge thus reducing chatter and it really is quite a smooth devil. Additionally, the screw post on the top cap is brass so even if the chrome plating does wear through, no detrimental corrosion will occur.

Last edited:
What's doin,

Might I suggest trying to scrounge up an old Gillette Deluxe as I lucked into or even just that particular model's flat bottom head. It's certainly the closest shaver in my rotation and it needs paying attention to but still very fun occasionally. I'm happy to send that out to test drive sometime.

Martin

Back
Top Bottom