Supply provision revised SE razor

Eureka Moment
I have previously not have had particularly good shaves with the Supply SE. However after a really good one with the PAL yesterday, decided to give the similar looking SE another whirl.

Tried it out on dry cheek , to determine cutting angle-perhaps in the past I have been a bit off. Pleased to say that by concentrating and checking progress, I got a pretty good close all round Shave. Perhaps
not as close as with the PAL, but very acceptable, as it really is smooth when in action.
Hi Mike
What blades did you use for both the Pal and tha Supply ?

I have one of the first razors and I never got a decent shave with it. I disliked it greatly. So, the razor sat idle for quite awhile. Patrick sent me an e-mail asking me how I liked the injector razor and I told him I didn't . Then Patrick sent me another e-mail and asked if I would like to receive at no cost 3 new settings, which are the plates that change the shave aggressiveness. I said yes. And, he sent me the new plates. Now the Supply razor has been turned from a lousy razor into a really great injector razor that I find to be a wonderful shaver! A friend of mine ordered the same razor at the same time as I did and had the same troubles and opinion of the Supply injector as I did. He contacted Patrick and got the 3 new "settings" and his razor has been also turned around from not good or acceptable to great or as he told me "Outstanding". What's the difference in plate/settings you might ask? My opinion and observation is that the initial "settings" or plates did not fit the razor head properly as you could squeeze the plate and the blade would fall out. And, the blade agle simply was way off? The new plates are tight and that cannot happen. And, the blade angle seems to be perfect. But, in any case I am sure you will find the revised V1 injector razor to be top notch. I'm tempted to buy another Supply injector just to see if there was any change in the razor head from the original V1? I'm perfectly satisfied with my original razor now, but I wonder if the newest iteration is even better? The way Patrick handled my razor purchase shows me that Supply stands behind their sales. I didn't complain to him, he asked me my opinion! And, took action. I wish every company would do as well!

I have one of the first razors and I never got a decent shave with it. I disliked it greatly. So, the razor sat idle for quite awhile. Patrick sent me an e-mail asking me how I liked the injector razor and I told him I didn't . Then Patrick sent me another e-mail and asked if I would like to receive at no cost 3 new settings, which are the plates that change the shave aggressiveness. I said yes. And, he sent me the new plates. Now the Supply razor has been turned from a lousy razor into a really great injector razor that I find to be a wonderful shaver! A friend of mine ordered the same razor at the same time as I did and had the same troubles and opinion of the Supply injector as I did. He contacted Patrick and got the 3 new "settings" and his razor has been also turned around from not good or acceptable to great or as he told me "Outstanding". What's the difference in plate/settings you might ask? My opinion and observation is that the initial "settings" or plates did not fit the razor head properly as you could squeeze the plate and the blade would fall out. And, the blade agle simply was way off? The new plates are tight and that cannot happen. And, the blade angle seems to be perfect. But, in any case I am sure you will find the revised V1 injector razor to be top notch. I'm tempted to buy another Supply injector just to see if there was any change in the razor head from the original V1? I'm perfectly satisfied with my original razor now, but I wonder if the newest iteration is even better? The way Patrick handled my razor purchase shows me that Supply stands behind their sales. I didn't complain to him, he asked me my opinion! And, took action. I wish every company would do as well!
If you do decide to go ahead and buy another, the new shiny one is fabulous, I've just received mine and wow, it's well polished and looks a million dollar's. :)

Last edited:
Just had my second of two shaves with my newly acquired V2 ( from TSR member )
On the first shave I used the medium 2 dot head and got an allright shave, and with the second one today; I used the more aggressive 3 dot head.
I just used the weight of the razor, found the correct angle and got quite a good shave without any problems !
So reasonably happy with the razors performance, but my only niggle would be that I had trouble loading the blade !
The procedure wouldn't go smoothly, for example when loading my Schick injectors and the blade caught on the furthest blade retaining lug.
Is this problem similar to the loading problems noted on the earlier version by some users ?
After I have had a few more shaves with this blade I will try again loading another to see if I have the same problem !
Or perhaps it might be me being kack-handed ?

Just had my second of two shaves with my newly acquired V2 ( from TSR member )
On the first shave I used the medium 2 dot head and got an allright shave, and with the second one today; I used the more aggressive 3 dot head.
I just used the weight of the razor, found the correct angle and got quite a good shave without any problems !
So reasonably happy with the razors performance, but my only niggle would be that I had trouble loading the blade !
The procedure wouldn't go smoothly, for example when loading my Schick injectors and the blade caught on the furthest blade retaining lug.
Is this problem similar to the loading problems noted on the earlier version by some users ?
After I have had a few more shaves with this blade I will try again loading another to see if I have the same problem !
Or perhaps it might be me being kack-handed ?
Because I always strip down and clean my razor and blade after every use I always put the blade back in the plate and place back on the razor and do the thumb screw up so I have never encountered the problem you are talking about. It may just need some injecting to get the hang of it.

Looking at the supply razor on Connaught Shaving: http://www.connaughtshaving.com/supply.html

Is the first or second version of the Supply razor?

Looking online and found a crowdfunding campaign for a upgraded version. I'm assuming that the crowd funded razor is not out yet.

Is there likely to be much difference between the version that Connaught is currently selling and the crowd funded version?

Thanks,

Chris

Looking at the supply razor on Connaught Shaving: http://www.connaughtshaving.com/supply.html

Is the first or second version of the Supply razor?

Looking online and found a crowdfunding campaign for a upgraded version. I'm assuming that the crowd funded razor is not out yet.

Is there likely to be much difference between the version that Connaught is currently selling and the crowd funded version?

Thanks,

Chris
The ones on sale now are the first version , the new upgraded version comming soon will be a tuned up version , new method of manufature, new finnish, slightly more aggression with each plate, visit their website for more info . The one on sale now is very good and great value for money with the sale price.

The ones on sale now are the first version , the new upgraded version comming soon will be a tuned up version , new method of manufature, new finnish, slightly more aggression with each plate, visit their website for more info . The one on sale now is very good and great value for money with the sale price.
Thanks Paul, decided to go for it, order placed.

All the best,

Chris

I am on the pre-order, and am super stoked. I am also excited by the fact that with this design, one should very easily be able to manually insert a cut down AC blade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You do not need to cut down a Blade if you use A Schick Proline AC Type B blade. Works really well
in a V1 on a plate 3, and I have a tough beard.Very smooth, but a nice degree of blade feel.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom