'Sup fellas......

Hi guys, just joined the forum. I am just getting into DE shaving, I have bought a couple of cheap razors so far, with a view to buying something more substantial after doing (a lot more) research.....

Anthony G

:cool:

Welcome.

The most frequently recommended substantial DE razors are, in alphabetical order, the Edwin Jagger DE89(L), the Merkur 34C and the Muhle R89.

I like Merkur myself and I started with a 34G where the G is gold plate, 34C is chrome.

Enjoy your time here.

Hello, welcome to TSR. Plenty of good advice on here. I have been DE shaving for years now but recently acquired a EJDE89, as mentioned above, and can honestly say it's a great little razor. Perfect for daily shaving for work etc

The muhle uses the edwin jagger head - so the shave will be near identical. I got the muhle as I preferred the design of the handle and it's a less common item.

Thanks for the welcome lads.

So far I have tried the Rimei/Silvertone razor and the Shenglong 877 (TTO).... both only a couple of quid but the shaves are surprisingly good for cheapies, particularly the former.

Onwards and upwards though. I have my eye on the Merkur 23c -or- 34c / Edwin Jagger DE86 / Parker 96r.
I do like the convenience of the TTO mechanisms on those Parkers

If you like the TTO razors you may like a vintage Gillette Superspeed type razor. Can be picked up for around the same price (or maybe less) as a new Parker etc... Worth a look.

Ok cheers I'll look into that. I hadn't really considered the vintage side of things, although I really like the look of the Gillette Slim adj.

Where to find one though?!

Back
Top Bottom