Summer is almost here - show off your sunglasses

I normally opt for sub-10 dollar sunglasses from whatever gas station I'm at- and have done so for years - but thought that this summer I'd splurge and went up a little bit from that and got myself some vintage Persol sunglasses from Italy. I mean, if they're good enough for James Bond they should do me just fine.

Model: 2160 (which took me some time to find as this model is discontinued but it's the model that I find the most appealing (maybe apart from the 2244 but since I don't intend to spend three-digits on a pair of sunglasses they're out) :)

Lenses: Original, amber polarizing.

2mwe6nb.jpg

2h3sd91.jpg

6q9p3a.jpg

To a great summer all y'all!

Darkbulb said:
I normally opt for sub-10 dollar sunglasses from whatever gas station I'm at- and have done so for years - but thought that this summer I'd splurge and went up a little bit from that and got myself some vintage Persol sunglasses from Italy. I mean, if they're good enough for James Bond they should do me just fine.

Model: 2160 (which took me some time to find as this model is discontinued but it's the model that I find the most appealing (maybe apart from the 2244 but since I don't intend to spend three-digits on a pair of sunglasses they're out) :)

Lenses: Original, amber polarizing.

2mwe6nb.jpg

2h3sd91.jpg

6q9p3a.jpg

To a great summer all y'all!

Love those, great find! Did you manage to find a brand new pair or did you have to go for pre-owned?

Smiler said:
Love those, great find! Did you manage to find a brand new pair or did you have to go for pre-owned?

Thanks I had to settle for a pre-owned pair but in what seems to be in rather great condition and for $30 I think it was a fair price as it has the original polarizing lenses with no scratches as well.

Darkbulb said:
Smiler said:

Thanks I had to settle for a pre-owned pair but in what seems to be in rather great condition and for $30 I think it was a fair price as it has the original polarizing lenses with no scratches as well.

Well done you! That's an absolute steal.

Oakley Radarlocks for cycling:
16772183573_e85626808f_c.jpg

Got amber lenses too.

Oakley Flak Jackets for day to day:
17204872210_8fb8eb150a_c.jpg

VR28 Irridium Lens + VR28 Black Irridum on order.

Also got a pair of Police that are rubbish, and an ageing pair of Oakley Half jackets, that are chipped and scuffed. A new pair of lenses would make them functional again, but I can't bring myself to pay £50~ for nice lenses in a chipped scuffed frame!

Dirty dogs for me, well when I am on my bike anyway.. Sadly they don't come cheap as I have prescription vari focal Polaroid lenses fitted to the wrap round frames....also not particularly stylish but they do keep the flys and bugs out of your eyes when riding around with a open faced helmet.
When not on the bike it's got to be ray bans for me.

image.jpg1_zpscgdydzqd.jpg

Back
Top Bottom