Suggest me an ASS please

I m a fan of after shave splashes.

I have tried many so far and have narrowed them down to my favorites being :

Clubman bay rum, prorasso green, old spice, TOBS sandalwood and Hugo boss.

I would fancy trying some more which would have a lasting smell (strong scent would e preferable) and feel refreshing to the skin.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Givency Gentleman, Aramis, the Denim range is very reasonably priced and good quality, TOBS Shaving Shop. Harris Arlingron or Marlborough...have a look at Connaught Shaving's website.

Old Spice, lasts quite well for an AS. The good Professor's AS scents last a long time and are good on the skin

Not sure about the long lasting smell - it's readily apparent if you rub a warm hand on your face but not a powerful aroma - but if you haven't tried Speick it's well worth a go. Excellent soothing properties and a pleasant scent.

I keep saying it, I know, but I really don't understand the reason why so many newer members have posted here recently asking for ultra-long-lasting AS splashes. That's not intended as criticism, BTW, just an observation that it's a question which has been asked a few times so far this year. IMO, asking an AS to maintain its scent for anything over 1/2 an hour (or an hour at most) is like expecting a 1 litre three-cylinder cheap city runaround to out-accelerate a sports car. AS splashes are intended to do three things, as far as I'm aware (I'm sure the Prof will correct me if, as I suspect, I'm wrong) - reduce the risk of infection in any cuts or nicks from the shave, soothe and refresh the face, and provide a pleasant aroma to finish the shave while they're doing it. If you want long-lasting fragrance, you need a higher concentration of both aroma oils and the alcohol to deliver and maintain the aroma, neither of which is something you'd want to splash on a just-shaven face. For that, you need a cologne or EdT, which is applied to pulse points such the the neck, chest or wrists.

chrisbell said:
I keep saying it, I know, but I really don't understand the reason why so many newer members have posted here recently asking for ultra-long-lasting AS splashes. That's not intended as criticism, BTW, just an observation that it's a question which has been asked a few times so far this year. IMO, asking an AS to maintain its scent for anything over 1/2 an hour (or an hour at most) is like expecting a 1 litre three-cylinder cheap city runaround to out-accelerate a sports car. AS splashes are intended to do three things, as far as I'm aware (I'm sure the Prof will correct me if, as I suspect, I'm wrong) - reduce the risk of infection in any cuts or nicks from the shave, soothe and refresh the face, and provide a pleasant aroma to finish the shave while they're doing it. If you want long-lasting fragrance, you need a higher concentration of both aroma oils and the alcohol to deliver and maintain the aroma, neither of which is something you'd want to splash on a just-shaven face. For that, you need a cologne or EdT, which is applied to pulse points such the the neck, chest or wrists.

Oi Belly, I'm a cheap git right? So if I can gets me an AS with a nice whiff that lasts and lasts but is still good on the fizzer, hehay! I know what you mean though...;)

Gairdner said:
chrisbell said:

Oi Belly, I'm a cheap git right? So if I can gets me an AS with a nice whiff that lasts and lasts but is still good on the fizzer, hehay! I know what you mean though...;)

I'm cheap as well - in the Fantasy F1 LTB's running, I only spent £84 million of the allowable £100million.:blush:

Paco Rabanne pour homme.

Or, and don't knock it until you've tried it, David Beckham Homme. Smells much better than the £5 you can get it for in the supermarket. mmmm nouveau riche.

I'm partial to CK's Contradiction as well.

Tobacco flower? That'll be the Nicotiana genus which is well known for its evening scent. I can easily understand why it would be turned into a fragrance.

Back
Top Bottom