Substitute for Swedes

I have used my last Swede and can get no more. :cry:

1. Does anyone know if they can still be bought in UK?

2. What have others moved to?

I use Feathers as an alternative - sharp enough, but not as smooth.

Your best bet for these is probably a local independent pharmacy overlooked by everyone else - or some people may have a stash that they no longer want (I've seen people selling them for £silly in bundles of 100 on B&B and TSD for example)

As for a replacement, it seems different people get different results - Iridiums and Feathers get some love, as do Gillette 7 o'clocks. I'd try Shark - to me they're like Feather, but smoother and not quite as long lived (2 shaves instead of 3)

I am trying Iridiums at the moment - in the Slant and a Gillette adjustable. Looks promising.

7 O'Clock Sharps might do it.

What are these Kais folk speak of? Cant see then at Conaught.

These were my all time favourite blades.

I have a philosophy when it comes to discontinued products - I refuse to seek out any remaining. They too will run out eventually, and then what?

Every time I use them I'll be thinking, "Boy, these blades are great. Too bad I won't be able to get them again once I've used these up..."

I'd rather find a replacement ASAP. For me, Iridiums seem to be very decent!

John

jhclare said:
These were my all time favourite blades.

I have a philosophy when it comes to discontinued products - I refuse to seek out any remaining. They too will run out eventually, and then what?

A`sensible policy.

There's a chemist opposite edgware station (NW London) which is still holding stocks and has been able to order me in around 500 swedes. (£1.50 per pack i think)

Super Iridiums are a great replacement, which out perform the swedes for smoothness and longevity in my opinion.

pbroddi said:
There's a chemist opposite edgware station (NW London) which is still holding stocks and has been able to order me in around 500 swedes. (£1.50 per pack i think)

Super Iridiums are a great replacement, which out perform the swedes for smoothness and longevity in my opinion.

Thats a good price.

As mentioned Iridums are good I also like the Silver Blues and the Astras, all nice smooth blades like the swedes.

Labarum said:
I have used my last Swede and can get no more. :cry:

1. Does anyone know if they can still be bought in UK?

They sell them here but you will be paying 80p per blade for them.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.safetyrazors.co.uk/shop/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=6">http://www.safetyrazors.co.uk/shop/pc/v ... Category=6</a><!-- m -->

£4 per pack :shock:

I have about 60 packs of these in the cupboard and thy are not my favourite they are just very consistant and smooth and I do like them but there other blades that perform equally well at a fraction of the price..... :shock:

I also have a stash of Polsilvers and other ones that went out of production, not intentionally just as I worked through my 3 sets of samplers any blade I liked I bought at least a hundred of them, or more depending on how good a bulk price I could get at the time.

Back
Top Bottom