Streatfields?

I'm a fan of Streatfields, great thick lather and the scents (especially avocado and lime) really appeal to me. Very good protection and very easy to lather.

Highly recommended!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok i've tried 3 of these the vanilla sandalwood, avocado & lime and the mint mandarin. All I say is stay clear as their batches are not consistent. I had the vanilla sandalwood first. And nice cream good lather good post shave but a lil oily. Smell not the best sandalwood but not the worst and the vanilla was there. It had an old time avon cream smell which I put down to one of the bases they use. So first tub as said was ok, so when I saw it again on offer on their own website I grabbed the other two scents I wanted to try. When they arrived they both smelt the same old cream sent not old as in classic but old as in it had been sitting on a shelf for years. They had faint scents that covered their scent name. As in the avocado & lime had a faint lime smell but nonthin really worth calling it a scent just a background linger and the mint mandarin had a lil citrus and a lil mint but again that old cream smell. And to top it off I had to send both back as they'd cured hard like a soap as it appeared the tubs were faulty and had loose lids. So I sent them back not even bothering to try if they lathered. Got full refund and some basic reply and apology saying it must have been the shipping, i've had creams that i've not shut properly and you only get a dry film on top. These were almost hard baked. So a year went buy and as i'd still been using the vanilla sandalwood in my rotation I thought i'd give the others bother try as I say amazon had them on prime. And guess what same again both creams even more dry like a dried out croap and weird smelling. I even tried to lather them this time and got a lather but weird chemical smelling, oily and not stable. So scent them back again and got a amazon refund. So i'm guessing these are some really old creams that have got older and got worse. It seems that they were prob never made in great numbers and as they were not really popular slightly substandard. So the stock that was made in small batches has been sitting around for a long long long time and has lost it smell and clearly gone off and hardened from poor packaging age.

Its a big risk you'll get anything that looks like it was meant to or that even smells or proform good. I'd stay clear.

Well interesting replies thus far. I do trust Connaught would aim to make things right with a bad batch but would be nice to not have to worry about such things. I have to admit I'm a bit curious about this "company" ..their website is curiously lacking in information regarding who they are and how long they've been around.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I got mine from Shave Lounge. They're out of stock at the moment but you can read reviews of Streatfields here.

Another review here

Well interesting replies thus far. I do trust Connaught would aim to make things right with a bad batch but would be nice to not have to worry about such things. I have to admit I'm a bit curious about this "company" ..their website is curiously lacking in information regarding who they are and how long they've been around.

Their customer service seems to reply when they want. Not sure if they went silent for a reason. Let me just say those who do stock these creams are either out of stock or selling off what they have at a lower price. All reviews i've seen are either old or likely from the same person. 1 review wont give you a real picture of whats going on. All I am saying is if you get a new batch closed secure tub your more than likely gona love it. But I doubt you'll get that. Check this amazon link the reviews are shocking on all the 4 scents and from different stockist including amazon themselves. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/re...rds=streatfields+shave&ie=UTF8&qid=1474036965 Hell amazon in their eagerness to get rid of stock have it as a £4 add on! Lol
It was a good cream and the tub I have is proof to me and the older reviews do repeat the same sentiment. But with all bad reviews pointing to my same case. A old hard funny snelling thing cos the tubs are damaged or the cream is just gone off.......

Good stuff, as my review showed. They have an interesting range of fragrances compared to others too.
They appear to have been good in the past but for some reason most have been finding old stock which has hardened or smells all the same kind of gone off. Pity as yep it was a good cream. I only manged to get one tub that had no issues having tried 4 scents in total and sent back 3 orders

Back
Top Bottom