Straight Razor Shave Videos

First straight shave today really enjoyed. Question to the good folk of TSR. Is there a significant difference between a Dovo Shavette and the kind of razors the straight community use. I'm considering a feather artist club. Ps a better shave than my first DE.

DUblin

Good vids but how long to you need to be straight shaving for to be able to strop that fast!? Impressive!

I wonder if Seasick Steve would use a straight? If he decided to lose the beard, I reckon he would :)

I really enjoyed the video and was particularly intrigued to see how you used your right and left hands on opposite sides of your face for the WTG and ATG passes.

I am absolutely STRUGGLING to use my left hand! Everyone says I will get muscle memory but it hasn't happened yet and I tend to do everything with my right hand only!

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous!

David

Don't get hung up on using both hands if it doesn't seem to be improving. I'm totally right dominant and get great shaves with a straight using just one hand - you just need to work out a few angles and be prepared to do things slightly different on one side compared to the other. Also, you will find it necessary to sometimes push the plade as opposed to pulling - again it's no problem once you have enough attempts under the belt.

Marcus, you have excellent taste in straights. Nice videos...nice music. Rod Neep and I spoke about you and I know you like his brushes. Keep up the great video work!

Thanks Mike i appreciate that. Im Magnus and not Marcus thou :D i hear this alot no worries.

Neep's an artisan for sure. His tall brush with deepmount extra silvertip brush is just wow feels perfect for me.... my simpsons/M&F's dont stand a chance, sorry. but truth.

Back
Top Bottom