Straight razor get together-11th December

RE: Straight razor get together.

Please post the Sheffield 2015 details as and when (and can you imagine a tour of Sheffield razor history led by Neil, I'd sign up for that!). Will try and make Leeds but you'll just have to choose a date that suits you best, you can't make everyone happy...

Yep, I'd take that tour :)

If you did come over for the Leeds do I could certainly arrange a visit to what's left of the Sheffield cutlery industry the same weekend for anyone interested. There are still some very talented craftspeople working there.

Straight razor get together.

This would be ideal for me to get myself set up with products and gain knowledge, unfortunately My weekends are completely booked up until the new year but I'll keep my eyes open for any repeat events next year :)

While we are at it, would there be any interest in a group visit to Sheffield? I could arrange for us to visit a few workshops and maybe get behind the scenes at some places of interest.

It's a bit of a long trek, but whenever I get the chance to learn something in person instead of watching a video I'll take it all day long. Just depends on the dates as I work shifts.

Fish

why are all the decent things outside of brighton. if you ever do a meet in London im in as its easy to travel there for me. plus it would be a chance to learn some new skills and probably spend way to much money on a new razor (family heirlooms as I like to call them)

Mike, Count me in for anything Northern - you know, proper ;)
I say count me in, let me know when and I'll see if I am free :)
Great idea btw.

Thanks guys.

It looks like thorough here and FB there is enough interest to make this a goer. I'll update this thread with dates and details in the next couple of days :)

mikew said:
The Americans seem to be much better at these sort of get togethers than us.

That's because they don't pull their faces at having to drive a couple of hundred miles to attend an event, while we Brits can't seem to handle it.

Ian

IanM said:
mikew said:
The Americans seem to be much better at these sort of get togethers than us.

That's because they don't pull their faces at having to drive a couple of hundred miles to attend an event, while we Brits can't seem to handle it.

Ian

I'm sure that's part of it Ian and I can appreciate that. It's pretty miserable driving on our motorways at the best of times. I also think it's cultural. Maybe Americans are just more gregarious than us and perhaps a little less sceptical :)

All we can do is make this event as successful as possible and hope it encourages others to attend and maybe host future events.

i just bought a straight! (what did i do!!!!!!!! hah) this sounds really good but it all depends on my shifts-working as a retail monkey at this time of year pretty much takes over your life.

Straight razor get together.

Anything North is good, Leeds is even better.

I have been looking for something like this for ages now and will happily pay for a couple go hours tuition on my straights.

shiny said:
Anything North is good, Leeds is even better.

I have been looking for something like this for ages now and will happily pay for a couple go hours tuition on my straights.

Great! There won't be any charge for this. I hope it will be an exchange of knowledge more than some sort of seminar but I'm happy to offer any help I can.

Sorry I haven't had a chance to sort out a date for this yet. Bare with me....

Ok, we have a date....

Thursday 11th December - 7PM - The Traditional Shaving Company, Grand arcade, Leeds.

The Grand Arcade is located between Vicar Lane and New Briggate and is just next to the Grand Theatre. The full address is 20 Grand Arcade, Leeds, LS1 6PG. There are a number of multi-story car parks in the center of town and it is a 5 - 10 minute walk away from the Leeds train station. You can contact the store by phone on 0113 440 6411

I will do a honing and stropping demo and a general Q&A on straight razors and there will hopefully be others there with far greater expertise than myself to offer advice and share knowledge.

Please feel free to bring along razors, strops brushes etc so we can have a little show and tell.

The shop are laying on seasonal refreshments and there may be the opportunity for a nice wet shave but this will depend on time.

Any questions please shout out. Hope to see as many of you there as possible :)

Back
Top Bottom