Stepping up from a Boots DE

I was considering either the 34C or the DE89L for my first 'proper' razor and went for the Jagger in the end. I'm perfectly happy with it although starting to eye up other razors as is the norm round here. So the DE89 has my newbie recommendation, for what it's worth, and the price is excellent. Happy shaving!

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Ive had a couple more shaves with the Boots DE and i'm more than happy with it so it seems a waste to discard it for something else so i've ordered a sample pack off the net with the following blades in it:

Astra (Green) Superior Platinum (5 blades)
Astra (Blue) Superior Stainless (5 blades)
Bic Chrome Platinum (5 blades)
Feather Hi-Stainless (10 blades)
Gillette 7 o'clock (Yellow) Sharp Edge (5 blades)
Gillette 7 o'clock (Blue) Super Platinum (5 blades)
Gillette 7 o'clock (Green) Super Stainless (5 blades)
Gillette Super Thin (5 blades)
Lord Platinum Class (5 blades)
Lord Super Chrome (5 blades)
Perma-Sharp Super (5 blades)
Shark Super Stainless (5 blades)

From what i've read up these are a good cross section of blades.

Once in settled on a better quality blade i'll then get a better razor.........stopping myself swimming before i can stand so to speak :)

I have only been using a DE for a short time as well and have just started using a different head. I found the difference in in quality (of parts) huge. Don't be put off buying something nicer though, as good as the Boots one is (especially for the price) it's nice to have somethingwith a bit more quality and feel to it. I also found putting a heavier handle on made it much nicer to use. I have one of my first attempts at handle making here if you would like to try it for a while? It does make a big difference.

daz

I Im Paul I think all DE and se users have a bit of magpie in them
and yes they are so shine I confess to polishing
:blush:

martin82 said:
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Ive had a couple more shaves with the Boots DE and i'm more than happy with it so it seems a waste to discard it for something else so i've ordered a sample pack off the net with the following blades in it:

Astra (Green) Superior Platinum (5 blades)
Astra (Blue) Superior Stainless (5 blades)
Bic Chrome Platinum (5 blades)
Feather Hi-Stainless (10 blades)
Gillette 7 o'clock (Yellow) Sharp Edge (5 blades)
Gillette 7 o'clock (Blue) Super Platinum (5 blades)
Gillette 7 o'clock (Green) Super Stainless (5 blades)
Gillette Super Thin (5 blades)
Lord Platinum Class (5 blades)
Lord Super Chrome (5 blades)
Perma-Sharp Super (5 blades)
Shark Super Stainless (5 blades)

From what i've read up these are a good cross section of blades.

Once in settled on a better quality blade i'll then get a better razor.........stopping myself swimming before i can stand so to speak :)
My dayly razor at the moment is a merkur 37c slant I'd reccomend a merkur have a look at a 34c well made german razor that will last a life time
paul

Back
Top Bottom