Star Super Six

Yes, I have a couple of those Test Outfit razors under both the GEM and the Star brand. I also have a Star "Bar" which I believe is from the 1920s (says "Corp" on the back) and pretty much a longer backed version of this with the old Junior Bar ... patent revivial or parts use-up?

I once owned this razor, which is a sibling of sorts:

DSC08433.JPG

DSC08426.JPG

Yes, I have a couple of those Test Outfit razors under both the GEM and the Star brand. I also have a Star "Bar" which I believe is from the 1920s (says "Corp" on the back) and pretty much a longer backed version of this with the old Junior Bar ... patent revivial or parts use-up?

View attachment 118678

View attachment 118680
Would be nice to know what exactly Star was trying to do during that time. There are at least three, probably more, variations of the Super Six, mine has an unusual little spring tab to hold the blade forward, instead of the usual lever thing on the back, and there is a thumbnail slot to open the cap.

View attachment 118678

View attachment 118680
What about this one?

Screenshot 2024-04-01 225107.png

It is the one with the 1914 patent. It is interesting that the 1915 patent one has the teeth design it does. I would have guessed that it would have been the older of the two designs, but not so.

IMG_8604.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom