Stainless Steel Bowl

Hello everybody,

I was wondering if someone could suggest to me a top quality stainless steel shaving bowl. I'm open to pretty much anything however I'm currently using a BLK12 so a wider bowl would be preferred.

Thanks

It's very nice-looking, and rather tempting.
I've shied away from smooth stainless bowls, as, when I've tried them, the results have been quite respectable but not as good as ceramics with rings, indentations etc.
The Turkish copper bowls covered in hammered indentations caught my eye, but I don't like the tinned interiors.
Ideally, I'd like a stainless, shaped like the Aesop, but with the inside bottom indented all over to assist lathering. I suppose the answer is to get one and set to with hammer, punch and hope.

If you have a local Indian supermarket near you pop in you can get stainless steel bowls in all sorts of sizes and shapes. Also garden centres are an excellent place to pick up ceramic bowls, usually for flower pots but do the same thing for half the price.

Given the favourable remarks about the Aesop, I'd be interested to hear what you think of it, if and when you do go for it.

Finally managed to pick one up.

First impressions are good.

It's nice and wide with plenty of depth but not too much so the handle of my brush hits the edges. Lathering comes naturally and isn't a chore.

Where this really stands out for me is the quality. Aesthetically it is quite beautiful. It's simplistic but has a certain charm to it. Zero flaws and an extremely pleasant brushed finish. Uniform, subtle and classy; exactly what I was looking for. I would definitely recommend.

Back
Top Bottom