St James of London - an unsung hero of a brand

I don't know why this Creightons brand doesn't seem to get much attention, or even much distribution for that matter (it used to be sold in Waitrose, but I can only find it online these days).

It's excellent quality, smells great, and almost every product in the range is a steal at the price. St James of London really puts many more expensive ranges to shame. What other brands at this price point use glass jars and high-quality boxes?

A brand that deserves much more celebration. But what happened to the Cedarwood and Clarysage cologne?

http://www.beautyatcreightons.com/engine/shop/brand/St+James+Of+London

I see what you mean with the price its virtually a steal isn't it, as with most things old school, shaving cream is a limited profit margin for the high street, and you will have great difficulty in obtaining top names in the future.
how ever john lewis is still stocking talor's, and kent products but the stores are left to there own devices.

Had the clarysage and cedarwood shave cream while ago. I got it from TKMaxx and loved the stuff. I was hoping to stock up next time it was in there but it doesn't seem to be there now. Would love the same cologne....great scent the cream is/was.

Fill your boots.

http://www.beautyatcreightons.com/engine/shop/brand/St+James+Of+London?prpp=150&ssv=&ppn=1&psfo=A&psf=1

Free delivery when you spend over £15. Sure the cream used to be cheaper on there though, £3 if I remember correctly.

I sent an email to the questions@stjamesoflondon address listed on their website, asking about the availability of the cologne. The message was undeliverable, which doesn't augur well- it looks like Creightons have stopped promoting the range... I hope this doesn't signal an imminent end to production. This range is too good to lose!

I used up one of their cedarwood and clarysage creams - very good. I have another unopened somewhere. I also bought four of their EDTs of the same scent. I've used up one and just started the second. The smell lasts and doesn't sting.
Keep an eye out in TK Maxx. That's where I first found it about a year ago.

I had some Clarysage cream, the scent was epic and I would love the EDT. I'll be checking out my local Waitrose tomorrow. Thanks for the tip :)

"Post Shave Gel Mandarin & Patchouli" was in stock at the newly opened Waitrose in Preston because I bought some at the weekend. Had a few tries of it, very subtle scent and clean feel.
Not much else of shaving interest there though, which was a bit of a disappointment.

Cheers Mike.

I received a little package yesterday, low & behold it was a jar of St James Cedarwood & Clarysage Pre-Shave Hot Towel Mask.
I forgot I signed up to their newsletter and this was a gift.

Gave it a try today, a very thick but lovely smelling cream that you smear onto your face and it immediately goes warm/hot.
For free it is rather nice and I will continue to use it.

Back
Top Bottom