Spreading the word!

The King C Gillette razors each come with 5 blades. That's enough to get them started and they're good blades.

If they like those, the following blades would be a safe bet: Gillette Platinum and Gillette Silver Blue as these are similar. Alternatively, blade sample packs can be bought from Connaught.

+1 to the not neediness razor stands or bowls. Squirt the cream on the brush and face lather. Quicker and easier.

Reactions: ATG
All joking aside
KCG
Synth Brush
Nivea cream and balm (recognizable, easy to replace)
Shaving Bowls from ‘Flying Tiger’ (3/4 quid)

so 40 quid each or so ..

maybe 6s for son and heir?

The King C Gillette razors each come with 5 blades. That's enough to get them started and they're good blades.

If they like those, the following blades would be a safe bet: Gillette Platinum and Gillette Silver Blue as these are similar. Alternatively, blade sample packs can be bought from Connaught.

+1 to the not neediness razor stands or bowls. Squirt the cream on the brush and face lather. Quicker and easier.
ok. good call with the bowls and stands but Shaveguru said the Gillette razors are pony. Alternative?
No need for brush or razor stands; The brush dries standing on its base and the razor can be stored in a drawer or wherever they want to keep it.

Gillette Nacet blades for the lumberjack. Pretty much any other blade for the rest.

Personally I found the King C Gillettes to be useless, lots of years experience and even I struggled to get a decent shave.
Understand about the bowls and stands but what alternative do you have for the King C Gillette

You’ll be spending 3x price to improve on KCG @10 quid, nothing wrong with razors but the blades, like all blades, won’t suit everyone …
The Jagger is another £10 but seeing as I won't be getting them the stands and bowls it would be the same overall price. Is the Jagger better than the KCG?
Should I get them a selection box of blades and let them decide what they want to use in the future?

The Jagger is another £10 but seeing as I won't be getting them the stands and bowls it would be the same overall price. Is the Jagger better than the KCG?
Should I get them a selection box of blades and let them decide what they want to use in the future?
There are lots of blade sample packs on ebay with a variety of blades for quite cheap.

I used the Edwin Jagger as my first razor, I could in all truth use it today quite happily. Smooth, efficient shave, nice handle and looks very smart.

All done!!
I'll report back after Christmas and let you know how many stitches were needed between the four of them.
We need a group photo with them holding their new shaving sets!

the simpsons nerd GIF

I’d throw in the Parker 24C for Desperate Dan. Some say it is for experienced only but that is bull. “Leezhur” (leisure) guy in his book recommends it as a first razor. It is efficient as open comb but no blade gap so doesn’t bite. It’s cheap and weighty too.

Back
Top Bottom