Speick soap sticks

Boab

Administrator
Staff Member
LeJog 2022 Finisher
I picked up a few of these over the space of a few years visiting Germany, I only started using them a month or so ago. What a great soap. If you haven't tried them ,and I know many of you have, pick some up if you get the chance. The scent is very clean and the lather is very easy to build. This is a must try for a beginner. I will be stocking up next month when I next visit.

Shemen Zait said:
Is it scented like the ASL? I love the citrus bergamot scent on Speick.

Yes, the cream and stick compliment the ASL very well. That said I have always found the balm, brilliant though it is, has a slightly different scent. Nothing terrible, just a bit different.

The only thing to watch out for with Speick products is that they have a couple of product ranges (both good). 'Natural' in red and green packaging and the usual shaving stuff in blue and red, it's the red and blue you want.

The men active soap is Vegan where the Men has tallow. The one I have is the Men shave stick. I will pick some Active up next month though.

P1020782-V.jpg

Men:
Ingredients
Potassium Stearate
Sodium Stearate
Potassium Tallowate
Aqua
Potassium Cocoate
Sodium Tallowate
Sodium Cocoate
Parfum
Glycerin
Valeriana Celtica Extract
Lavandula Angustifolia Oil
Cetearyl Alcohol
Glyceryl Stearate
Tetrasodium EDTA
Tetrasodium Etidronate
CI 77891
CI 15985
CI 16255
Benzyl Salicylate
Eugenol
Limonene
Linalool

Men Active:
INGREDIENTS
Aqua
Potas
sium Stearate
Sodium Stearate
Glycerin
Potassium Cocoate
Sodium Cocoate
Valeriana Celtica Extract
Parfum
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice
Sodium Chloride
Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate
Citral, Limonene
Linalool

rolatruck said:
They do men active and men, is there any difference?

I've only used the 'Men' (blue and red) Shave Cream, Stick, ASL, ASB and the Natural Active (Red and green) Washing soap and Deodorant Spray.

I haven't used this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Speick-Active-Shaving-Soap-Bowl/dp/B00FVTQSGU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1432117790&sr=8-2&keywords=speick+active

Be interested to hear from anyone who has.

moodymick said:
rolatruck said:
They do men active and men, is there any difference?

I've only used the 'Men' (blue and red) Shave Cream, Stick, ASL, ASB and the Natural Active (Red and green) Washing soap and Deodorant Spray.

I haven't used this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Speick-Active-Shaving-Soap-Bowl/dp/B00FVTQSGU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1432117790&sr=8-2&keywords=speick+active

Be interested to hear from anyone who has.

I have it. From Amazon. Trouble is I'm not able to detect the finer points regarding cushioning and protection and all the other adjectives that I see used a lot...but it lathers up a treat, feels great and the smell is inoffensive (but none of the smells last long especially after using balms and oils and after shaves and EDT's). It certainly gets used as regularly as all the others and I would buy it again...and it's not expensive - £10 including delivery for 150 g (and not subject to Amazon's £20 min delivery order)

They go for around 3 euros, you can pick them up in Mueller stores on the high street.

https://shop.mueller.de/speick-men-rasierseife-7824

My wife went to Essen last year (with a shopping list: 1. Speick 2. Tabac 3. Irisch Moos).

She did ok for Tabac and got some IM AS, on the Speick front I got a few tubes of cream and bottles of ASL, but she could not find any of the balm. Guess it's just a case of luck. Also a case of of hard and how much time you are prepared to spend looking. I was generous with her, B- for effort.

I have a contact going into Mueller on Saturday to check what they have. I will get extras if anybody wants some.

Greetings

I have just recently finished a tub of the Speick men Active, I found it really good soap, a more lemony scent then the stick, it lathers up exceedingly easily I mean Arko easy.

I personally rate it just slightly below the Speick stick for no real reason that I can put my finger on but having said that I rate Speick stick as the best soap I have ever used and the Speick (standard cream) as the best cream.

I don't think the Speick Men active is inferior in any way because it is a veggie soap it certainly produces a better and bigger lather than the stick but the stick for me is just at the very top of the soap 'tree'.

Regards
Dick.

Boab said:
I have a contact going into Mueller on Saturday to check what they have. I will get extras if anybody wants some.
You can order online from http://shop.mueller.de and have it delivered to a local Müller store of your choice. They keep it for 14 days and you actually pay in store, so there is no risk if you don't make it. Your contact can pick the order up using the order number. Being able to place the order online in German helps. I'll be in Germany in two weeks time and will place an order just before I leave from the UK. I ran out of Speick Men After Shave Lotion today.

Andreas

Back
Top Bottom