South Africa

Boab

Administrator
Staff Member
LeJog 2022 Finisher
A few shots from my trip to South Africa in May. I think these are all from the Sabi Sands reserve near Kruger.

dscf9995edit2.jpg

dscf0295editedit.jpg

dscf0284editeditedit.jpg

dscf0021editedit.jpg

Thanks.

The leopards were amazing, it's the first time I got to see them up close. It is a beautiful part of the world and a real wonder to watch the wildlife.

Agreed, and the quality of light is so incredibly rich it almost adds another dimension.

Mind you it's good to know even the king of the jungle can thin on top.

That first shot of the Leopard is excellent, it's certainly true what they say a picture paints a thousand words, caught the body angle including the tail movement at precisely the right time. Great shot, one for the wall i'm thinking.

Jamie.

pugh-the-special-one said:
That first shot of the Leopard is excellent, it's certainly true what they say a picture paints a thousand words, caught the body angle including the tail movement at precisely the right time. Great shot, one for the wall i'm thinking.

Jamie.

Certainly one for my desktop image.:icon_cool:

NotTheStig said:
Brave man. In the second picture he doesn't look best pleased about you taking the photo!

The beauty of a telephoto lens :)

They did get surprisingly close in all honesty, that lion in the pic was part of a coalition of three brothers. One night they were roaring to each other so we went out early morning to try and find them. The mohawk guy was about 1k from our camp when we found him. He was laying in the morning sunshine so we parked up next to him hoping he would call to the others. After about 10 minutes he started to roar. I have never heard anything like it in my life. It's nothing like the MGM movie lion roar, the power from it made the jeep shake and felt like a punch in the chest. The feeling was quite similar to what you get if you go near one of those huge speakers at a nightclub or music concert. I may have a vid clip somewhere if I find it I will post it up.

Back
Top Bottom