SOTD: Saturday May 20 - Friday 26 May 2023.

20230520_140040.jpg

Preshave - Pears Transparent
Razor - R41GS
Blade - Asco
Brush - TSC Best Badger
Soap - Proraso Red
Splash - Proraso Red

20230520_140129.jpg

Definitely ruled out the Proraso from the irritation issues I had. Either my skin was playing up or the blades I was trying didn't suit me.

20230520_140218.jpg

This razor with the extra weight of this handle is amazing.

20/5/23

Razor -Yaqi final cut
Blade - GSB (2)
Soap - MWF
Brush - Semogue owners club
Post - Nivea balm/Cella splash

First shave of the day for a while and it was very good. The Final Cut razor is giving me some exceptional shaves since I bought it. For just over 20 odd quid it’s an absolute bargain. Up there with some of the very best I’ve used. Putting my Fatboy to shame too. After the first rough GSB the second is perfect and really came into its own on the second shave today. The fat is quickly becoming my favourite soap and have recently bought the bath soap as I like it so much. Finished off a BBS with the Nivea and the Cella splash for as close to perfection as I’ve had in a long time.

20/5/23

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Soap - MWF/Kent
Brush - Oumo Boar/ApSc Handle
Razor - Gillette RFB Tech
Blade - Gillette Wilkinson Sword Brazil (7)
Post - Effect Cucumber
AS - Wars Protect

Trying to get back into shaving daily, so it's the first time for a few good weeks I've shaved two days consecutive. First time using the RFB NEW which was a wonderful razor in the shave! It's quite a bit less efficient than the NEW LC but more efficient than a Tech but incredibly smooth, I think it's one of the smoothest OC razor heads I have used.

Have a good Saturday gents.

IMG_20230520_125613.jpg

Saturday AM 2023-05-20
National Red Sneakers Day
0Z1zF1K.jpg

Rooney 1/3 Ivory Finest (26/55)
Acqua di Parma Colonia soft shaving soap (original)
LASSC BBS-1
Astra Blue Superior (2)
Acqua di Parma Colonia aftershave
jHzeII2.jpg

SOTD 20230520 India by IschiaPP @ Forio
  • Brush: Vielong Extra Suave Sintético Gen4 24x54x110mm Edición Especial 2019 Foro Afeitado
  • Soap: Hajamat Moisturizing Shaving Soap Intense Oud Refill
  • Razor: FrankenRazor PP1489
    Edwin Jagger DE89 / Maggard Razors MR14
    Zamak, Aluminium, 12x41x100mm, 56g (29/27)
  • Blade: Vidyut Metallics Pvt Ltd Super-Max Diamond Edge #3 (Corking)
  • After: Picasso Antiage Balsamo (Mirto, Camomilla e Argan)
#Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
#ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan
cPQzcWr.jpg

Full size: 1200x900
Soundtrack: Luca Stricagnoli - Time of my life

Head and face SOTD
Pre The Cube
Gillette Super Speed USA with Gillette Minora.
Leaf razor loaded with KCG blade.
Simpson T3 brush.
Løthur Oregon soap and splash.
Nivea sensitive balm.

Super satisfying Saturday scrape. Two recent purchases, the vintage razor and the soap set, all pre loved. Performance was superb all round, and I absolutely love the scent on this soap and splash. So much so that I bought another splash for work. Super smooth noggin and face.
Happy Shaving

20230520_160148.jpg

Razor = Rockwell 6s ( 4 )
Blade = Brazilian Gillette Super Stainless ( 1 )
Brush = C&H Le Manns Gulf V18.
Soap = Hibernia By Signature Soaps
with matching splash
Balm = Barts Ben Lomond
View attachment 106051
Another Too drawer shave & last shave in Brazil
i very much doubt i’ll be back
so what better way to end my time here with the wonderful Hibernia.
Another Soap i never want to be without,
These soaps just do everything they are meant to,
First Class.
The shave was a straight 10/10 which is quite fitting for my departure tomorrow.
30 hours of travelling tomorrow so i think i might need a cheeky we shandy to help me sleep.
So until my next shave on Tuesday Adios Amigos
Celebrating Rio De Janeiro GIF by xponentialdesign
Thank you so much.
Much. Regards Brian

Saturday 20th May

AJFCJaUTv1TWW5MR59PlDqIw3iSNc0aET06obXAb7PBi4qAKDPkii27YrvlbGn8Ddglz3xQkcVAv3Geuf1B6QgcWnESjbiNBi5kdPHN5SXOatX9XcMr1eFKR533Iu9eokgOWigxelLiISxKS64DdyaBYL_wOgQ=w800

BeeClean Peppermint Shaving Soap & Semogue SOC Taj Pure Bristle
Ever-Ready 1907 & GEM by Personna (6)
Alt Innsbruck Aftershave Cologne

Continuing on with Milky May ...

I've often said that the 1912 is my perfect razor. It is! But I am starting to think the 1907 might be more perfect.
At last, I have been able to order a couple of these soaps , I am quite looking forward to using them.
Great razor by the way.

Paul.

Last edited:
Greeting nation shaving and its shavateers. For my first entry for this new week of SOTD's the following theme has been carefully chosen, 'Wicked stunts in Wicstun'

20230520_171245.jpg

W tunics - Muhle R89
Wuntics - Polsilver Lodz
Swuntic - Wee Whiskey Barrel
Icstwun - Signature Soaps Wicstun
Cwuntis - Pure moisturiser

'Mr Satan. It appears you missed one you daft cnut'

Keep it simple stupid this evening I thought. And being both simple and stupid I went down the road of well trodden. Not only that, being in Market Weighton it was only correct I go the way of the Wicstun. Wicstun in Wicstun.

End of shave time by the bathroom sink and a very happy finish. The R89 is never going to be one of those ultra close 'write home' shaves but as per usual honesty and happiness prevailed.

Other than that I needed razor which wasn’t going to be too taxing as I lied last night. My final shave for this past week of SOTD's was in fact my penultimate shave for this past week of SOTD's and there was another in between, but I really couldn't be arsed to write anything despite it being a stunner.

20230519_184711.jpg

And I still can't

More importantly I must say 'I love you all' and time for the Japanese girly act of the evening. I was in York this afternoon and a beautiful Japanese girl walked past dressed as a maid. Kind of lead me to think there is only one bunch of girls to end on.....enjoy.....or don't (you heathens).........

Yaqi Tile razor head :: Statum blade (1) :: Semogue SOC boar brush :: P&B Albion soap and splash
IMG_20230520_132758.jpgAn excellent shave. This razor tends to work well for me with most blades I'd tried, and Statum certainly worked very well. For me the real test of the blade will be with milder razors. The only thing was that the brush seemed to be eating the lather, I went back to the tub a few times.

Back
Top Bottom