SOTD: Saturday May 20 - Friday 26 May 2023.

Picked up this cream for £4 (reduced from £6) in tk maxx. Decent performance and nice scent.

Second shave with this blade and it works well with the New.

No aftershave as I can smell a lot of the scent from the shaving cream on the skin and I'm enjoying the smell.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Gillette New (short comb)
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless "Green"
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Men Rock Black Pomegranate https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/646f95437561cd6e4045c78d
PXL_20230525_165609393~2.jpg

Razor = Lambada Athena
Blade = Muster Super ( 1 )
Brush = Phanton Aerolite By PAA
Soap = PAA’s Sacre Bleu
with matching splash
Balm = L’oréal Hydra Power

IMG_1079.jpegAnother Shave where i haven’t completely enjoyed it as i have others.
i think the dury’s out on the Razor,
Perhaps my skin needs a rest.

The Soap is brilliant,
i stopped buying these PAA soaps
not for any reason i just felt i had enough and this one a take on Aqua Vela just reminds me of the original scent,
one i haven’t tried for years but the scent stays with you.
Tomorrow is another day and Hopefully a better shave.
Onwards & Upwards

Last edited:
Thursday 26th May

AJFCJaVaCQ5GmMwbWYirXCy5o8N_erd_q5Sd0DdmKJb6CuGp7u7Nvbbh2aXpUgWnpNwR47CVNMUrNQne5HcNW4niJhHj6fU2NCsIH1bUr6Jttp-k3ARg6h4CFW8n8vosDPYaD07SIqnG8peCA4fMs2xtkZFRog=w800

Haslinger Schafmilch Shaving Soap & Omega 11137 Pure Bristle
Gillette Labs Neon Night Edition & Gillette Labs Cartridge (14)
Brut Splash-On (as Aftershave)

Continuing on with Milky May ...

SOTD 20230525 Neon by IschiaPP @ Forio
  • Brush: Bat71 Cashmere, Olive Wood, Abalone Shell Inlay, Yaqi SK07 aka Maggard Beige, 24x50x115mm
  • Soap: Drughet Black Market
  • Razor: Gillette Labs UK 2023 Exfoliating Razor Neon Night Edition FlexDisc #26
#Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
#ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan
#Test #Titanic #Multiblade #WIP

after the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Mergress/Schick Plus Platinum (1971 vintage)
rebranded vintage butterscotch Simpson silvertip/Old Spice soap from the 90s maybe
Lucky Tiger after shave
Old Spice after shave (old stuff used as a light splash)

Shaving not all that often and figure I should make em screw up proof and fun. Today was pretty good for sure. Something about that soap being the all around best performer I've ever tried. Definitely the way to go is buy a sealed one and hope the scent has some good pop as a bonus. Best looking and feeling lathering stuff for me though in any case.

This razor/blade combo is so well match when the razor's dialed down for the sharp old blade. Really liking these 50 year old Schicks.

Oh, I started using the Naked Armor stainless scuttle maybe a month ago and it's been very nice and much preferred over the plastic travel one I was using before it. Gets quite hot and also unbreakable.

All things I like using......strange as it must be to almost everyone else in the world.

BBS results,

Martin

IMG_1720.jpeg
SOTD: 25/05/2023

Razor: Stando Rod
Blade: Kai Captain Mild Blue, 6th use
Brush: Highlander Copper Colonel Plissoft Knot
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Shaving Butter - Cashmere Velvet Puck
Balm: Ariana & Evans Rice Water Serum - Cashmere Velvet
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block
Fragrance: Lattafa Asad EdC

Fri 26
Soap & Aftershave Signature Soaps Hibernia
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Goblin Husky Knot
Razor Thiers Issard 69 Frameback
Super nice lather and scent from this soap & the matching splash whip-up nicely by the brush.
Had a wonderful shave with this excellent frameback razor...
20230526_084954.jpg

It's a Friday and it is that time to say, 'Last night's' shave. And this one filled the evening's frolicking by the sink themed, 'The dustbin men are here'. Because they are

20230525_192449.jpg

Dusty bin - Muhle R89
321 - Polsilver Lodz
Dust brush - Steven Jagger 30mm Cashmere
Dust pan - MDC Fougere
Dustbin bag - Collegen
Wheely bin - M&S Spiced Amber

'And another lorry load of excessive shaving accoutrements arrives'

At the end of a hot day my skin felt somewhat 'alive' and a mild razor was more the order of shaving events. The 89 being the perfect tool. And it was. The MDC and big Cashmere being the perfect match. And they all shaved happily after all.

Time for something new. Ms Machine....

Prep: shower
Soap: Signature Hibernia
Brush: Omega Boar
Blade: Polsilver
Razor: Rockwell 6S R4
AS: Speick Active
Another great shave. Changed shaving gear this morning- wanted to use a Gotta 5/8 straight razor but not enough time as there's only 1 bathroom to share with 3 other people all of whom are female and a straight razor shave takes longer to do . After 3 pass shave a bbs finish. This shaving malarkey is very addictive .. is there a word to describe the love of shaving?

SOTD 26-May20230525_113223.jpg
Brush: Highlander Chubby
Soap: A&E Vanille de Tabac
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather Super Professional

Needed a swift shave this morning, and the vector delivers. Brush again the star of the show, this particular soap takes a little more effort to lather, not sure why being the same base as a couple of my others but you get there in the end. Nice smooth finish and smelling good.

Another nice sunny one, hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

I'm feeling Mognonimous this morning. Having shaved all week with Cella pretty much, I fancied something fresher. Digging in the den I found my little bar of Ach Brito Mogno which almost looks like those mini packs of playing cards. It's an unassuming and easily overlooked bathroom hero. After a wash with hot towel and Droyts which left me slick and ready, I rubbed the Mogno over my skin and then a few flicks on the bar with my Phantom Aerolite. An amazing creamy slick shiny lather sprang up immediately, I had forgotten how well this performs. The scent is a light, fresh marine aroma. 3rd go with the Slim and Silver Star. Effortless and smooth. I got cocky and gave myself a tiny weeper ATG on the top lip but this is a very close and comfortable shave.
20230526_083335.jpg

Back
Top Bottom