SOTD: Saturday May 13 - Friday 19 May 2023.

Finally found a razor that tames the harshness of the Personna 74. I always found this rare blade sharp but harsh in the half dozen razors I've tried it in so far.
Now I think it's a shame I don't have lots of these (I have just one pack now - sealed - from Dodgy earlier this year).
This was the sixth shave with the blade and it's still very sharp and (this time) smooth.

All the other elements about this shave have been great.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: QShave Futur-style
Blade: Personna 74
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Hampshire Wool Fat No. 1
Aftershave: Bio Fresh Rose of Bulgaria https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/6461fe287561cd6e4045bf4b

PXL_20230515_094644599~2.jpg
May 15. 2023.

Milky May

Razor - Lambda - Athena
Blade - Feather Hi Stainless
Soap - La Savonnire du moulin
Brush - Alpha - T400 Badger silvertip fan
Bowl - Capitans Choice - Copper
Post - Refinery ASB
Frag - Tea Tonique - Miller Harris EDP

A perfect shave, everything working in harmony.
A great soap, razor and blade leaving me with super smooth skin that was feeling great.
The Miller Harris Tea Tonique is perfect for the hot and humid weather we are having in Cornwall at the moment.

Until the next time, stay safe and shave happy!

Paul.

Sunday 14 and Monday 15 May
Choosing my Gillette adjustables this week. So started with the Fatboy yesterday and today the Super 109 PD (Black Beauty)
Same soap, brush and blade and if I’m honest more or less same fine result, albeit the Super probably just edges it for better balance and ease of use.
Have a great Monday fellas!

IMG_0079.jpeg

15 May, 2023​
Prep: Hot towel​
Razor: Rockwell 6S #3​
Blade: Blade: Gillette Bleue Extra 4​
Brush: Brad Sears Archduke 26/50 2-Band Manchurian​
Soap: Wholly Kaw: Vor V (Siero)​
Fragrance: 1899 Ernest Hemingway by Histoires de Parfums

a very satisfying shave today, but I can't help thinking that the older Donkey base actually suits me better..​

15 May

Wickham 1912 Magnum
Yaqi Heavy Metal
Henson AL13 M
Personna med prep
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

9CC52DCC-52C0-4645-AC43-06084789E890.jpeg
Another excellent two pass shave this morning with the same med prep blade on it’s fifth outing still comfortably sharp. All good.

Sunday AM 2023-05-14
Mothers Day
R7xfwtq.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Ivory Finest (24/53)
Penhaligon's Racquets Formula shaving cream (vintage)
Wolfman WR2-SB/Bob's Razor Works Aristocrat Bull Mastiff Bronze
Iridium Super (8)
Paco Rabanne 1 Million aftershave

A great relaxed shave today. The brush is one of my softest, with feather-light hair tips. But it made excellent lather. The cream's top notes are linden blossom, lavender, geranium, lemon and bergamot; middle notes are ylang-ylang, cloves, cedar and rose; base notes are oakmoss, musk, amber, incense and vetiver. The razor did its usual fine job, leaving me BBS. And a soothing finish was provided by the aftershave, with top notes of blood mandarin, grapefruit and mint; middle notes cinnamon, spicy notes, and rose; and base notes of amber, leather, woody notes, and Indian patchouli. It blended perfectly on this very warm morning with the cream's scent.

This morning I was remembering my mother and an episode almost 60 years ago, when I was a brainless teen, and I let her smoke a bit of a marijuana joint, because she had said she was curious about why kids were using it. She had a fit of giggles that must have lasted half an hour, but she decided she didn't want to do it again.
5iypu96.jpg
I love these cartoon strips, some of them are extremely funny, I actually look forward to reading them lol
keep up the good work

15/05/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Blue Resin 26mm Silvertip
Soap - Martin De Candre Agrumes
Razor - Razorock Lupo 72
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Lomond - Cinnamon & Patchouli
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 EDC
Wk 20 (3).JPG
I do like the RR-UFO handle, saying that for me the Alpha beats it.
A face full of badger applying a nice slick lather, what more do you need?
2 Passes was all that was required today for another very close, comfortable finish.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all

dadb892e-e115-4b23-8021-a5c28679bc83-jpg.1654816

Ever Ready 1912 loaded with a GEM PTFE blade. Proraso Red was whipped up by an Omega 98 boar brush. I finished off with a little witch hazel and the Nivea Deep.

Ran into a very small opportunity on my XTG pass. The head seemed to want to 'bounce' off my face at times. I admit to being fairly new to the SE shaving arena so I may just have been missing on the head angle, or I may not have had the Proraso water mixture exactly correct. All other passes were trig, and a little extra cleanup XTG had the shave sorted out and I ended with a close and clean shave.

Back
Top Bottom