SOTD: Saturday January 7 - Friday 13 January 2023.

View attachment 98709

Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Brush: Semogue 24mm Owners Club Taj
Pre-Shave: Nivea Deep Cleaning Face Wash
Lather: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble Balm
Additional Care: Witch Hazel
Fragrance: Moledt⁴ Brown Tobbaco Absolute edt
The perfect shave kit, can't get much better!

Paul.

Razor: Karve Overlander Brass
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum
Brush: Chisel & Hound Strata 26mm Plissoft
Pre-Shave: ESC pre shave oil mixed with Proraso sensitive pre shave cream
Lather: Simpson Bay Rum
Aftershave: Thayer's Witch Hazel and Rose Water

A great shave, slightly marred by the fact that I seem to have had a reaction to the lather today. I've used this cream once before with no issues, but today I had a bit of tingling throughout the shave and a bit of redness now. I'll give it another go on a different day but this may well end up on the PIF pile.

Razor: Karve Overlander Brass
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum
Brush: Chisel & Hound Strata 26mm Plissoft
Pre-Shave: ESC pre shave oil mixed with Proraso sensitive pre shave cream
Lather: Simpson Bay Rum
Aftershave: Thayer's Witch Hazel and Rose Water

A great shave, slightly marred by the fact that I seem to have had a reaction to the lather today. I've used this cream once before with no issues, but today I had a bit of tingling throughout the shave and a bit of redness now. I'll give it another go on a different day but this may well end up on the PIF pile.

Have you used the blade before? Some blades have a coating which can be an irritant, I react to a few blades (3 out of 70+ brands)

SOTD 10-Jan
20230102_110639.jpg
Brush: AP Lemon Drop TGN Boar
Soap: MdC Fougère
Razor: Gillette Tech ~1956
Blade: Rubie (3)

Nice shave this morning, decided to go for my heavier tech and a wonderful shaver it is. Paired with the MdC and Barts you can't go wrong, very smooth and irritation free.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Have you used the blade before? Some blades have a coating which can be an irritant, I react to a few blades (3 out of 70+ brands)
No, that was my first try with this blade. I feel like it was already a little tingly before I even made my first pass last night, having face lathered, but maybe I'm remembering wrong. I'll definitely try the soap again with a different blade, and try a soap tonight that I know works for me with this blade, to see what the deal is.

SOTD: 10th January 2023.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Palmolive Naturals Olive & Milk Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Synthetic.
Lather: The Body Shop Maca Root & Aloe
Blade: Centwin SP. (D1)
Razor: Merkur 34C.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Cien X-Bolt ASL. / L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning Shave,

The Centwin SP are very much like the Indian 7o'Clock blacks smooth, sharp and efficient. Another blade that pairs together with the Merkur 34C wonderfully.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
Tuesday 10th January
General Aluminium - Proshave S #1 - Vitos Red Super - Cadman Custom - Blue Stratos AS - Aloe Vera Gel
HZmiBlW.jpg

Tuesday January 10, 2023
Razor: Karve Overlander Aluminum
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Dragonsbeard/Badger
Soap: Ethos Custom Blend (Pineapple/Coconut)
AS 1: Witch Hazel
AS 2: Nivea 2 into 1
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,527

Eric who is the Overlander Overlord...................Okay, that may be a little extreme but he is an extreme advocate of the razor and has been from the beginning. He loves his Brass one that he had replated in mirror nickel finish before they introduced the SS Model. He saw my video of the Styletto and heard me comment that while nice I think the Karve Overlander in Aluminum was better but could not remember and that I think I regretted getting rid of it. He just happened to have an Aluminum that he says he doesn't reach for often since he has his other one. Being the generous guy Eric is, he asked if he could send it to me. He knows I doing the restraint thing and have actually been sucessful so far this year and didn't want to spoil it. He said we could work out a trade if I wanted to keep it or just use it and send back when done. Thanks Eric @maineyooper for your always generous spirit. It indeed is a sweet shaver. I think I'll do a comparison shave on video this week with the Styletto tomorrow or Thursday.
qsDeUwv.jpg

Back
Top Bottom