SOTD: Saturday January 28 - Friday 3 February 2023.

PXL_20230201_145903859~2.jpg
SOTD February 1st 2023

Fat February

Razor - Blackland Blackbird Ti
Blade - Astra SP
Soap - Mitchell's wool fat
Brush - Alpha Bulldog silvertip fan
Bowl - Captain's Choice copper (aquamarine)
Post - Refinery ASB
Frag - YSL Kouros edt

A lovely fat shave to welcome February in.

With the aid of my Alpha Bulldog brush I whipped up a super creamy slick lather which helped my Blackbird Ti take down a couple of days stubble with ease and left my skin smooth and supple, just as I like it!
I shall be using MWF for the whole of February. Fat February :)

Until the next time,

Paul.

Wednesday AM 2023-02-01
National Serpent Day
REFxvbr.jpg

Rooney 2/1 Ivory Finest (22/56)
Penhaligon's Opus 1870 shaving cream
Carbon Mokume-gane Oda
Iridium Super (2)
Derby City Chop Shop Winter Reserve tonic
QMFfkxD.jpg
kV0pBxs.jpg

Fat February, Wednesday 1st

Pre - Palmolive
Soap - The Fat
Brush - Omega/GFS 'The Hog' 10019
Razor - Yaqi Old Type
Blade - Statum Platinum Chrome (6)
Post - Effect Cucumber
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum

To begin with, I saw @Gairdner's thread about Fat February and I was a little apprehensive to sign up as I do enjoy using a variety of shaving soaps and I said I would be unable to participate.

A few minutes I realised the errors of my ways. Of course I had to participate! A month of using the Fat with my beloved fellows of the 'Brotherhood of the Fat' is something I would rejoice! Fine work Graeme on starting such a noble project. Of course, I need the Fat in my life, especially for the grim of month of February. It's in these times of darkness we need the Fat more than ever.

Now onto the shave, I think it might be the 10th or so shave with this little boar brush. I've finally worked out what it finally is. It's an Omega made 10019, but branded the Goodfellas Smile 'The Hog'. The difference between it and the Omega 10019, is 'The Hog' seems to have partially bleached bristles, whilst the Omega 10019 has unbleached bristles, both have the same handle though.

The brush itself did a fairly good job of building a lather, but seemed to eat a bit of lather considering how much soap I loaded at the start of the shave, decent lather but a little on the thin side of things for my liking. The shave itself was fine, but I'm fairly sure the blade was done for the last shave, pushing it for a 6th shave wasn't ideal but I managed to get the shave done without too much trouble. I'm really impressed with this particular blade, I think I need to use a few more in my closed comb razors to see it fares with those, but it worked beautifully in my OC razors.

My face felt great at the end of the shave, very smooth and great post shave feel from the Fat as ever.

ALL HAIL THE FAT.

IMG_20230201_182425.jpg

Brothe
Fat February, Wednesday 1st

Pre - Palmolive
Soap - The Fat
Brush - Omega/GFS 'The Hog' 10019
Razor - Yaqi Old Type
Blade - Statum Platinum Chrome (6)
Post - Effect Cucumber
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum

To begin with, I saw @Gairdner's thread about Fat February and I was a little apprehensive to sign up as I do enjoy using a variety of shaving soaps and I said I would be unable to participate.

A few minutes I realised the errors of my ways. Of course I had to participate! A month of using the Fat with my beloved fellows of the 'Brotherhood of the Fat' is something I would rejoice! Fine work Graeme on starting such a noble project. Of course, I need the Fat in my life, especially for the grim of month of February. It's in these times of darkness we need the Fat more than ever.

Now onto the shave, I think it might be the 10th or so shave with this little boar brush. I've finally worked out what it finally is. It's an Omega made 10019, but branded the Goodfellas Smile 'The Hog'. The difference between it and the Omega 10019, is 'The Hog' seems to have partially bleached bristles, whilst the Omega 10019 has unbleached bristles, both have the same handle though.

The brush itself did a fairly good job of building a lather, but seemed to eat a bit of lather considering how much soap I loaded at the start of the shave, decent lather but a little on the thin side of things for my liking. The shave itself was fine, but I'm fairly sure the blade was done for the last shave, pushing it for a 6th shave wasn't ideal but I managed to get the shave done without too much trouble. I'm really impressed with this particular blade, I think I need to use a few more in my closed comb razors to see it fares with those, but it worked beautifully in my OC razors.

My face felt great at the end of the shave, very smooth and great post shave feel from the Fat as ever.

ALL HAIL THE FAT.

View attachment 99917
Brother, you have done The Fat proud as it will do you proud. Let The Fat light the way and you will find your path through the murk of this miserable month.

All hail The Fat!

Brothe

Brother, you have done The Fat proud as it will do you proud. Let The Fat light the way and you will find your path through the murk of this miserable month.

All hail The Fat!

Through The Fat, we will find greater hope and humility, we will be greater men, and also have delightfully soft faces due to all the tallow/glycerine/lanolin goodness.

May the Fat be with you my fellow brother.

Fourth shave with the Rotbart and second with the Yaqi.
Really like both and reckon there's at least one more good shave in this blade.

The Wickhams is a decent lather but I am finding the brush doesn't load as easily as the Semogue.

I love the Wars Classic aftershave and this could easily be an everyday aftershave for me, along with Superdrug's offerings and the Malizia Vetyver.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: DLC Yaki Adjustable
Blade: Rotbart Extra Dunn (ZAO Petersburg)
Brush: Unknown black resin synthetic(?) brush
Lather: Wickham Parma Violet
Aftershave: Wars Classic https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/63dac8d39c1da4081f7cef23
PXL_20230201_125617113.jpg

Back
Top Bottom