SOTD: Saturday April 8 - Friday 14 April 2023.

13/04/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Jayaruh #291 Synth Tuxedo Knot
Soap - OSP Neroli
Razor - Supply V2 Mirror Polished Custom - Plate download.png download.png
Blade - Personna Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck -Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - OSP Neroli - Copycat Just Neroli
Wk 15 (6).JPG
I do enjoy using this modern Injector, i remember the 1st one i had i struggled with it. Eventually after using some Vintage Schick's everything just clicked and i was lucky enough to pick this one up from BST last year.
This little tuxedo knot really picks up the soap and i had enough from my face lathering to easily complete a 3 pass shave, therefore, thats what i did for a super smooth, comfortable finish. I will give the download.pngdownload.pngdownload.png plate a run out on its next outing.
A nice post shave routine finishing with a couple of sprays on the Copycat Just Neroli.
Nice that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Razor = Rockwell 6s ( 4 )
Blade = Voskhod ( 1 )
Brush = Blood Oath By Richman Shaving 30mm High Density
Soap = A&E Asian Pear with matching splash
Balm = ES Fragrance Free
IMG_9997.jpeg
This was another shave i done last night but to tired to post,
I haven’t used this soap or any A&ze soaps for months and i have to say it was a pure pleasure.
The Scent on this is first class,
Up there with the best of them scent wise.
i have two of these brushes with the knots being slightly different.
I reckon it’s the best knot i own.
it really is although 26 - 28mm would be a bit better.
you’ll notice the Blade in side the Brush is a Voskhod so it made sense to go with the Voskhod blade in the razor.
A brilliant relaxing 3 pass shave.
Adios Amigos & remember stay safe

Sotd-13-04-23.png

Henson Al13 - Lord New Platinum - Simpson T2 - Signature Capra - Epsilon Blue - DVH balm.

A couple of enforced 'travel' shaves - Requiesce in pace my boiler. According to the engineer it is no longer supported by the manufacturer and therefore obsolete. I sympathise - I'm starting to feel the same way myself. :) - saludos a todos - I.

Last night's shave and complete with the theme, 'The shave of death'

View attachment 103886

la navaja de la muerte - Stainless Mongoose
Espada de los muertos - Feather Pro
Roce con la muerte - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
Jabón en serie - Bath House Orange flower
Ablandado hasta la muerte - Collegen
Olor a muerte - Banana Republic Neroli Woods

'Mr Friendly. If you break another sink, you are bloody meat'

'I have been for the past 38 years'

Why death? This was the first time out for the new sink since I broke the last one dropping a perfume bottle. The second one in a row. So this time Mrs Satanfriendly gave me a warning, 'If you break another sink, you are bloody dead!'

Oh come on. How do you threaten Death with...death? I'm guessing the only person who could would be Mrs Death. So I shall have to avoid dropping further heavy items in to the sink if Mr Death wants to live.

Did I shave or just spend the evening speculating over possible epitaphs for a headstone?

Of course I did, and what a better bit of heavy metal to use than the brilliant Mongoose. I absolutely love this razor and I sold most of my other SE's as I can't see many others which match its capabilities. It does have its haters but see you lot at some point in the future. Slap in the Feather Pro and an evil pairing in the world of bristle bashing. Another great sublime shave with stunning results. No comments from the missus tonight, just a finger wagging and a sink inspection.

Phew. Death lives to see another day

A very fitting tune to end on and all I can say is 'No I wouldn't'........Toki or Yoshi? Make your vote......

You could always use a plastic bucket to shave instead of your sink Chris, this might safeguard you and your cojones from mortal danger :ROFLMAO:

Rubber sink made out of recycled tires.

rubber-sink1.jpg

rubber-sink1.jpg
Just the job for @Satanfriendly, when the shave bottle is dropped it will just bounce and disappear under a cupboard never to be seen again. :oops:

PXL_20230413_131542847~2.jpg
SOTD April 13. 2023.

Razor - Gem Micromatic Open Comb
Blade - Gem stainless steel.
Soap - La Savonnire du moulin
Brush - Boti - Silvertip
Bowl - Capitans Choice - Copper
Post - Refinery ASB
Frag - Dunhill - Indian Sandalwood EDP

A lovely shave with the MMOC and Gem blade, it made short work of my two days of stubble.
The La Savonnire du moulin was of course wonderful, you can't beat a drop of donkey milk! :)

Until the next time,

Paul.

PXL_20230413_135544030.jpg

Last edited:

rubber-sink1.jpg
That could be handy if the wife goes away for the weekend ;)

By the way i have a Black Glass Sink Recycled out of glass :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
View attachment 103914
SOTD April 13. 2023.

Razor - Gem Micromatic Open Comb
Blade - Gem stainless steel.
Soap - La Savonnire du moulin
Brush - Boti - Silvertip
Bowl - Capitans Choice - Copper
Post - Refinery ASB
Frag - Dunhill - Indian Sandalwood EDP

A lovely shave with the MMOC and Gem blade, it made short work of my two days of stubble.
The La Savonnire du moulin was of course wonderful, you can't beat a drop of donkey milk! :)

Until the next time,

Paul.
Lovely image P - colour is not always bad. :) cheers - I.

Not really feeling it today and couldn't decide on what to use. Since then my brain has practically melted due to one of those days at work where the clever client understands nothing but wants everything by lunchtime. Hence lunchtime at 16:30. So I decided I'll have another run with the Tech as it's been a while. Trying out a Silver Star for the first time. I found the feel of it unremarkable, and wondered what I could say about it, but at the end I realised what an excellent result I had had without trying or even realising, so it must be alright! This SOC is a real lather hog just now. I've just shampooed it with baby shampoo. If that doesn't do it then vinegar next.

20230413_091735.jpg

Thursday 13 April
I finally got my hands on a Blutt BR1, .086 gap, courtesy of @wayne_m on BST recently. Thanks again Wayne and TSR forum.
Christmas Spruce and Crabtree & Evelyn badger mop needed a fair amount of water to get a good lather. The bristles are quite soft when wet which is quite good for the face but if the brush is swished around too wildly the lather can get well distributed around the bathroom. Probably why I actually prefer a smaller synthetic brush which gives me more control on lather distribution. I know this is the boring bit but try to keep up at the back there please.
Thank you, fitted a new Personna platinum chrome and was a bit surprised at how little of the blade is exposed. However, the Blutt is well made and balanced and delivered an excellent first shave for me, it’s super easy to use and never felt it wanted to take a bite. Two passes, wtg and atg, plus pick ups for bbs finish.
I could use this as a daily driver no problem. It’s a notch above medium for me but that works well for daily use.
Have a fine evening fellas!

3A6B4FA6-FAB2-4502-9A3C-D73100FD74F6.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom