SOTD: Saturday April 29 - Friday 5 May 2023.

My first entry for this week of SOTD's and this one which arrived last night did so themed, 'The X sale'

20230429_203839.jpg

X rated razor - Muhle R89
XXX - Feather
X I love you - Savonniere du Moulin
X+X = Y - Highlander 26mm Cashmere
Xcess - Simple
X band radar - M&S Spiced Amber

'Satan made me buy it'

After Friday night's shave on the edge I thought last night my shave needed to be a little less adventurous, so the ever faithful fluffy pup of shaving the R89 it was to be. I was going to launch in to the Mac Lads here, but it is a Sunday morning. A great choice though and a wonderfully refreshing shave prevailed. Also a bit surprised that the Feather on this occasion managed its sixth outing which is a bit of a rarity, but sod it, it ain't going to see seven and in the bollocked blade box it went. But, thank you.

All topped off with M&S Spiced Amber. Not the world's strongest perfume, but at 15 quid for 200ml you can use it like a deodorant and the scent is more than acceptable.

A smashing shave. Why X? Noticed Tom G's remarks about the issues with his photos and noticed quite a few other members who appear to have the same. Gremlins for you.

'Satan made me wear it'

No he didn't, but he did make you suffer those Otoboke girlies. You do love them really......

Oh sod it.....

Indeed love is short

Sun 30
Soap & Aftershave Cella Milano
Brush Yaqi 28mm Mellon Tuxedo
Razor Mashes & Shepherd Ponds Works, Sheffield
The soap's lather is rich creamy and very slick, and the scent is mild.
Superb shave from this razor! Buttery smooth and keen edge after stroping slowly on the roo leather. 3 enjoyable passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230430_120658.jpg

Sunday 30 April

IMG_0055.jpeg

Razorine! I’ve become a fan of these Italian models, only they could take the boring word “Razor” add a syllable or two and create such a word that’s so expressive it needs an exclamation mark.
So, today the Flatboy. Again loaded with Astra superior platinum which works best for me in these razors.
I wish I could remember the name of the soap I decanted into my vintage opium pot. Will be difficult to reorder it. Anyway, it’s a lovely soft and creamy and easy to lather especially with my ancient dinky Evans synthetic brush, try saying that after a couple of G&Ts.
One pass wig and then cheeks atg plus pick ups, Mancave SP20 moisturiser and finish with Dunhill aftershave.
Satisfied with a DFS no issues and now to clean the patio, get chairs out, summer is on the way :cool:
Have a very relaxing and enjoyable Bank Holiday weekend fellas!

Last edited:
Sunday 30th April
AC-Matic 3D - Schick Proline P #1 - Speick Vegan Stick - Yaqi Heavy Metal - Brut Attraction Totale - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20230426-212905-01.jpg

Extremely impressed with the vegan version of Speick.
Lathering and performance were both as good as the tallow stick. And the scent, I recon is unchanged. Well done Speick! Pleased I bought two.
My old tallow stick has now been grated down and added to my bowl.

Sotd 30th April

Pre Shave: PAA cube
Soap: PAA wow signal 2020 ck6
Splash: PAA wow signal 2020
Balm: PAA wow signal 2020 star jelly
Alum bloc

Bowl: wet the face
Brush: Boti 30mm synthetic
Razor: Gillette toggle D1 1958
Blade: Gillette nacet 1st use

Afternoon folks had a great shave this morning decided to use the toggle and a fresh nacet and yeah very nice close and smooth shave also decided to use the wow signal from paa really nice scent from the splash and balm once applied also great lather have a great Sunday
20230430_114812.jpg20230430_114915.jpg20230430_115049.jpg20230430_115601.jpg

EJ DE89
Omega 20102
Dorco Titan (2)
Arko sensitive cream
Superdrug Forest Fresh

Second shave with this blade and it was awful! Felt really tuggy and rough around my top lip and chin. Had to finish off with the Harry’s cart I’d just done my head with (not quite brave enough to DE where I can’t see yet) The A/S stung which it hasn’t before so I reckon the dorco titans are bin bound.

SOTD 30-Apr
20230429_154641.jpg
Brush: Highlander M7 Style
Soap: SSC Ramblin' Man
Razor: Mawhood Bros 5/8

Cracking shave, I was reminded of this one from two different posts and so decided to bring it out and take it for a spin. My first shave ready razor picked up from a reputable ebayer. Still absolutely brilliant, it's seen little use relatively speaking so it's still perfectly honed. Smaller, at 5/8, than my others and very nimble. Took down everything in 2 passes with minimal effort, and it's nice to remind myself that I don't need to spend a fortune on a straight to get a good finish, excellent!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

SOTD 20230430 Neon by IschiaPP @ Forio
  • Foam: Proraso Bianca Anti Irritazione
  • Razor: Gillette Labs UK 2023 Exfoliating Razor Neon Night Edition FlexDisc #9
  • After: Intesa Pour Homme Energy Power Balsamo Dopobarba Energizzante
#Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
#ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan
#Test #Titanic #Multiblade #WIP

30/04/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 Synth
Soap - Martin De Candre Fougère
Razor - Blutt BR1 - 0.86
Blade - Brazilian Gillette Platinum
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck -Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Jasmine
Wk 18 (2).JPG
That was a nice shave this morning. I am well impressed with the Globetrotting Gillette Platinum blade. I have had 7 really smooth shaves from it and today was no different, i am going to retire it just to be on the safe side as it has done 13 passes.
A really nice slick lather for the shave then wonderful post shave to finish.
The Blutt is up there for me and is becoming a firm favourite.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

30 April

SV 70th Anniversary
Yaqi Heavy Metal
Henson AL13 M
Feather Hi-Stainless
SV 70th Anniversary asl

4EAF9FBC-6E23-4E0F-989C-4CDE03262A6C.jpeg
Third shave with the Henson and the Feather blade was not shaving quite as close as the previous two shaves. I have experienced similar behaviour with the Feather AS-D1 and a Feather blade. Otherwise a fine shave.

Back
Top Bottom