SOTD Saturday 9th December 2017 - Friday 15th December 2017

Wickham 1912 Irish Fern
RazoRock 400
DE 89
Wilkinson Sword Old Stock (4)
Wickham 1912 Irish Fern Balm

I think three shaves is my limit for these old stock blades.
Still comfortable but not sharp enough to be 100% effective without a bit of extra work.
The balm Is working nicely, although I find it a bit sticky for a short time when applied.
I'm starting to really miss my Rockwell after lending it to my son a few weeks ago. I shall have to get him to swap it for another razor or two when I see him next weekend !

Sotd - Thursday 14/12

Razor - Schick O Type clone
blade - mystery vintage single (4)
brush - Stirling two-band fan
soap - RazoRock Puros tallow
post - with hazel
a/s - Extro Tabacco
balm - BBA
scent - Creed Tabarome.

Result - just fine.

An early bath from work today - and it wasn't that cold - no need to use menthol - so a nice tobacco themed shave. It's a scent profile I really enjoy. The Schick O type is perfect for a totally safe tidy up before going out. I couldn't imagine how anybody could hurt themselves with this razor. Quietly, stealthily - this is becoming one of my favourite shavers. It's neither one thing or the other -the handle says cart - but the blade is single edge. So - well shaven - and off to the pub to meet my best mate in the west end of Glasgow. The Ubiquitous Chip - if any of you know the city. Home of an unconscionably large amount of draft Furstenberg lager - I like to think I'm a responsible citizen - I did my bit to drain the lake. The pub was a nightmare - it's that time of year - people that only drink once a year and probably shouldn't. I smelled nice according to the drunk office night out women next to me. All bingo wings and muffin top. God bless Creed - you do get something for your £200 plus quid a bottle. If not what you intended. I escaped safely - enjoy your shaves one and all. Yours - I.

Last edited:
Friday 15th December

Birch Tar soap
Vitos Preshave Cream
Yaqi Sagrada Familia Synthetic Brush
Giles Shaving Co Bowl
Meissner Black Beer No1 Paste
RazoRock Black Hawk with a Feather SuperPro
Alum Block and Rinse
BBA PS Balm
Antonio Puig Quorum EDT

Beautiful BBS Shave this morning with 2 passes and just a little touch up:)

Pre: Proraso Pre Barba green
Razor: Rockwell 6C plate 3
Blade: Feather
Soap: Proraso Red
Brush: Stirling Synthetic 24mm
Bowl: Fine Shaving Bowl

ae787ed13b87a1ef421aef694d0eceba.jpg

Friday's shave :)

Pre-shave - Warm shower, charcoal soap followed by the Gentleman's Groom Room Pre-shave Prep + .
Razor - ATT M1, Atlas.
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue (Day 4).
Soap - The Gentleman's Groom Room Dundee, Essence of Scotland Sweet Gale Traditional Shaving Soap.
Brush - Omega Barberpole Hi-Brush Synthetic .
Post shave - Myrsol Formula "K" After Shave , followed by Kiehl's Post Shave Balm.

Still at the in-laws, and getting amazing shaves with the ATT M1 and the Gentleman's Groom room pre-shave prep and soap. 3 Passes and dolphin plus, with no issues :)

The ATT DE razors are great - excellent audible feedback and you can almost feel the stubble getting blitzed off of your face with each stroke, I appreciate that YMMV.

Its has been very relaxed and enjoyable with the in-laws, and good in a shaving sense, as I did not pack much and its been nice using the same set-up each morning, possibly as once the shave bag was packed then there was no choice in the matter - no distraction: what soap/razor/blade will I use today.

Home tonight, so looking forward to a SE shave on Saturday.

All the best,

Chris

Razor: Blackland Bluebird (Blackbird) Delta Echo Finish
Blade: Pol Silver (7)
Brush: Los Tres Amigos Dos Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic LE Jade.
Soap: Oleo El Caballero
A/S: Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Bowl: Pottersong KO Shave

View attachment 31762

That's an amazing view and photograph, thanks for sharing, I wish I could wake up to that countryside and weather, I love the snow.

UkliNtnL_o.jpeg

Yaqi Mysterious Space 26mm Fan
Gillette Fat Boy
Wizamet SI (3)
Stirling Soaps Christmas Eve
BBA Post Shave Balm & Hai Karate

I have enjoyed these blades, amongst the best I have used. I have enjoyed the combination with the Fat Boy, as well as the Leresche and iKon 102 I have used this week. I would say I would buy more but seeing the prices, my goodness!!! I have blades I like as much at a fraction of that price. My Holy Grail blade to try is a Personna 74 tungsten razor blade.

So far so good with my selection from Try a Blade, next up a Permasharp or Kai, and a change to daily rotation of soaps until the 20th, when Christmas Eve makes a triumphant return.

Sotd - Thursday 14/12

Razor - Schick O Type clone
blade - mystery vintage single (4)
brush - Stirling two-band fan
soap - RazoRock Puros tallow
post - with hazel
a/s - Extro Tabacco
balm - BBA
scent - Creed Tabarome.

Result - just fine.

An early bath from work today - and it wasn't that cold - no need to use menthol - so a nice tobacco themed shave. It's a scent profile I really enjoy. The Schick O type is perfect for a totally safe tidy up before going out. I couldn't imagine how anybody could hurt themselves with this razor. Quietly, stealthily - this is becoming one of my favourite shavers. It's neither one thing or the other -the handle says cart - but the blade is single edge. So - well shaven - and off to the pub to meet my best mate in the west end of Glasgow. The Ubiquitous Chip - if any of you know the city. Home of an unconscionably large amount of draft Furstenberg lager - I like to think I'm a responsible citizen - I did my bit to drain the lake. The pub was a nightmare - it's that time of year - people that only drink once a year and probably shouldn't. I smelled nice according to the drunk office night out women next to me. All bingo wings and muffin top. God bless Creed - you do get something for your £200 plus quid a bottle. If not what you intended. I escaped safely - enjoy your shaves one and all. Yours - I.

I love the Ubiquitous Chip, that 's a nice part of Glasgow, go there once or twice a year with the Mrs. I also like Brew Dog, over at Kelvin Grove.

You should take some solace that by drinking the beer, and being an experienced drinker, you were saving the lesser mortals from a poor fate.

God bless Creed :) LOL

Back
Top Bottom