SOTD : Saturday 9th April - Friday 15th April 2022.

Tuesday 12th April

Semogue 2020 Finest - P&B Right Handed Giant - FaTip Lo Storto OC/Treet Platinum #10 - Brut Original Splash

Another perfect result and I am now going to retire the blade...all be it cutting it off in its prime! I had bought 2 packs of 200 as I thought they were very good VFM. On the performance of this blade and If I use them as I did with this one.....I have 10 years of shaves ahead of me without having to use anything else. The Sands of time are not in favour of me ever running out!

And with the theme 'Just how crap am I?', I give you this past Saturday's shave

20220409_202039.jpg

I am...really crap - Rocnel Elite
Mmmm?.....indeed, yes - Polsilver Lodz
My wife tells me I am - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
So therefore I must be - MDC Agrume
It is know Tuesday after all - Pure moisturiser

'You're correct. You're correct. Now go away you useless piece of shit'

Fortunately if my memory serves me correct (a rarity) the shave was damn fine and very happy bunnies were involved at the end. More than can be said for my punctuality.

I love you all.

And one of the ladies from 'Bed in' who by all means went from bad to worse . This being the better.....

84BCB4E8-2C53-4DE4-9F49-597B18FF342A.jpeg
SOTD: 12/04/2022

Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Sputnik Blade, 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: Stirling Campania Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Campania EDT
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

A lovely first day and shave in the caravan, no power disasters like the first time we took it out! The new cheap steel bullfrog handle worked a treat with it and it is actually quite grippy and a bargain £2.94! Many thanks @pjgh for the suggestion!
Enjoy the day guys! I’m off to the pub!

Tuesday AM 2022-04-12
National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day
7waEfV1.jpg

Rooney 1/1 Ivory Finest (22/45)
Crabtree & Evelyn Almond Oil shaving cream (vintage)
Carbon Mokume-gane Brass
Wizamet Iridium Super (2)
Ginger's Garden Almond aftershave

The blade felt left my skin feeling slightly 'burned' this morning; so the GG aftershave, with its extra dose of glycerin, was quite soothing, and I love the almond scent.
zyn69px.jpg

Evening all,

Last day of using the Rex Ambassador with the same setting, tomorrow if i do shave it will be with different settings per pass. Tempted to start at 5 or 6 then down to 2 or 3.

Prep, hot water and flannel
Brush, Yaqi
Razor, Rex Ambassador (setting 2 throughout)
Blade, Supermax Diamond Edge (3rd and final use)
Cream, Simpsons Unscented
Balm, Trumpers Lime Skin Food
Music, Max Richter

Ok, so my opinion of Simpsons Creams is unchanged. Lather up very easily, nice and thick, a good surface to work on. As this is the unscented one not surprising its pretty neutral / inoffensive. Think Nivea body lotion / creme in scent. But pretty mild in any case. The benefits of an unscented cream / soap in my opinion are less likely to cause skin issues and irritation and also you can match it with anything. The Unscented / Caffe Latte appear a little differently in consistency and appearance to the Lime / Bay Rum / Sandalwood. I think this is due to it being slightly older stock and potentially different ingredients / formula. Also the containers are different, metal tins for old / plastic for new.

The shave on setting 2 was absolutely fine. Admittedly there was not a lot of material to deal with as i shaved yesterday, but even so, a nice clean and close shave. Zero irritation, nicks, cuts etc. So i know i can achieve good results on more or less any setting which is always nice to know.

I do have an unscented balm from Zingari so ordinarily i'd use something like that. But today i noticed some Lime Skin Food that needs using up so went with that.

I'll be trying the Simpsons Caffe Latte Cream if i do have a shave tomorrow, first impressions, yes it smells like that. Will see how it performs and how it develops when applied.

Have a good evening all.

Best,

Ben

Back
Top Bottom