SOTD: Saturday 9 December - Friday 15 December 2023.

#SOTD OSP Lavender, Brush Guy 26mm badger, Alpha Shaving Outlaw, Australia Super Stainless, Floris 1962

1702632358972-jpeg.143837

15 December

PAA Future Fiction
Simpson Trafalgar T3
ES Claymore Evolution
Schick Proline
Bart’s Balm Ben Nevis

AAAF18A4-5944-4F3E-BDF9-B3C0317ECC7A.jpeg
Whilst I was impressed with yesterday’s shave for its close finish, I was less impressed with the “prickly” skin that followed later. My SE1 has a small blade gap but rather too much blade exposure, apparently, for my delicate skin. So, this morning I swapped the Schick blade out and into the Claymore, which fitted… snuggly.
An excellent lather from the PAA soap and two comfortable passes with the Claymore was enough for a good result.

Ladies, gentlemen and folk of the forum. It is that time of the week where it only takes me to say, and for my final entry for this past week of SOTD's I am delighted to present to you my shave with the theme, 'Enoch's donkey and other bragging rights'

20231215_092658.jpg

Donkey Kong - Occams Enoch
Donkey King - Schick Proline
Donkey's tale - Cadman 24mm Tuxedo
Soap my Donkey - Savonniere du Moulin
Donkey ride - Collegen
Hung like a Donkey - Chanel pour Monsieur

'It was, this big. And went like a sewing machine'

No bragging rights from the house of Satan today except to say 'Best shave of the week at my end'

New blade in the Enoch and a straight in, no hassle, no collateral superb finish and big grim value at the end of a busy 15 hour day yesterday.

A nice return to using the soap made from discarded donkey bits and the perfect brush to make donkeys in to shaving lather. Top donkey all the way.

A squirt of Chanel just so I can return to work this evening and show my salty arsed crew how it should be done. 47 years at sea and no salt on my posterior.

Have a smashing weekend you super shavateers and just remember, I love you all.

Puffyshoes? Obligingly so as what would Friday be without?

20231215_075023.jpg
My Shave today consisted of...

Brush Highlander Boar LE2023.
Soap GFT
Razor Ever ready 1912 and Gillette Raz=r
Blade Gem.
Bowl Obsidian Copper.
Aftershave Jean paul gaultier Scandal.

Last shave using the fabulous 1912, I am really pleased the BST as prompted me to use it again.
Marvellous shave topped off with the Scandal Parfum.
Have a cracking weekend everyone.

SOTD Friday 15 December 2023

Sort of continuing ‘cheapness’,
but with,
A shave of 2 blades!
E3AADF16-8C83-4F03-8764-D841E1382449.jpeg
Refreshment - Tynemouth Coffee (Bobby Dazzler :coffee:(y))

A prep - shower, Imperial Leather face wash (sort of free)
A soap - La Barbiera Summer Fruits (£3.79 from La Barbiera)
A brush - Yaqi 24mm synthetic (49p from AliExpress)
A razor - Wilkinson Sword Classic TTO (£15.20 on offer from Wilkinson Sword)
A blade - Shark SS (7) (£1.20 for 5)
Another blade - Derby Extra (2) (£1 for 5)
A post - lather remains face wash, cold rinse (free - ish so far), alum block (£5 but will last for years), Superdrug Forest Fresh ASL (£5 for 2), Nivea ASB (£4 Nectar price from Sainsbury’s), Mastermind EDT (£1.25 from Home Bargains)

A story - when I decided to step willingly into this rabbit hole I first purchased a Lord L6, a couple of soaps and some blades from La Barbiera and a cheap brush from EBay (since binned as it was crap). I quickly discovered that my poor dexterity and eyesight made 3 piece razors problematic. So I got a Wilkinson Sword TTO, but did not really get along with it. Then saw reviews of the Baili BD177 and associates, got one cheap and loved it, haven’t had a bad shave with it. I then discovered 2 piece Merkur’s and tumbled further into the rabbit hole with soaps and creams and brushes and, and…
As I was pursuing this cheapness stuff, I thought I’d try the Wilkinson again, but still don’t get on with it, I find it a bit rough, harsh almost, not very comfortable or smooth, strange as my technique is a fair bit better now and I thought it would be better, but no! Did think it might be the Shark blade (on it’s 7th outing) so swapped it for a 2nd use Derby after 1st pas - no difference! Oh well.

You are probably familiar with Wallace and Gromit.
But are you ready for the new…
…Grimace and Want-it
EB8BD80F-B054-44C3-B92E-98841CFAE634.jpeg
Argghhh!

Last edited:
Sorry. forgot to push the save button this morning… Alzheimer light?

SOTD: 15/12/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 8th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Crema Pre Barba con Olio Di Sandalo Cream
Soap: Hendrix Classics & Co Cowboy Up (sample) Croap
Aftershave: Barber Station Devil’s Water Aftershave
Additional Care: Osma Aluin
Additional Care: Koud Water

Disappointing shave this was… ThIs soap performs below standards.
Enjoy your day!

15/12/23
Pre - Shower
Brush - Razorock 400 Plissoft Syn
Soap - Stirling Soap co. Sandalwood
Razor - Blutt BR1 - 0.86
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Dior Sauvage
Wk 50 (7).jpg
A very belated post for a shave with a brilliant razor.
Hope you had a good day all.

Back
Top Bottom