SOTD: Saturday 9 December - Friday 15 December 2023.

14/12/23
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus Pure Bristle 1950
Soap - Stirling Soap co. Bay Rum
Razor - Parker Adjustable Injector
Blade - Personna Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Bay Rum Argan Oil
A/S - Tonyschin's Bay Rum #01 Splash
Wk 50 (6).jpg
The parker injector is a mild razor, however, set to #5 it performs well enough. This blade has seen 10 shaves so far, i could keep running it if the razor stays in the den.
This homemade Bay Rum #01 was my 1st attempt, i used Witch hazel and dark rum as the base, it came out a little cloudy although it still works really well with an authentic scent to match the Stirling soap.
A crackin post shave routine.
Enjoy your day all.

Thursday 14 December
Today a vintage French hoe Le Coq, Italian SV Felce Aromatica soap and a vintage British silver travel brush. The GEM needed a wedge adjustment as straight out of the box doesn’t quite fit. The Le Coq falls short of the ER/STAR 1912/14 family of hoes. It feels aggressive and it isn’t easy or natural to find a good shave angle. There were no weepers but then I didn’t push it too hard. Result was acceptable but not bbs.

Have a fine evening fellas!

IMG_0411.jpeg

Thursday 14th December

ABLVV878wltCDDRYR5bJ0ew2bAR7LpbIWAqg56hTBXIYrh-GxoioxRoNOENSX6UlHREtPutAcDZLBZbR5o-FS-fXzmqBbSZkJgUZa2zaZfulx_jviM4D_0ekzpMq1Jrn9j5-A_Ut4PzUQrbyk944VuIISu6x5w=w800

LEA Shaving Stick & Razorock 400 Limited Edition
Yaqi Tachi w/Windrose Darwin Handle & Permasharp Super (2)
Pinaud Clubman Musk After Shave Cologne

20231214_191951.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...

Prep Signature soaps shower scrub.
Brush Highlander LE 2023 Boar brush.
Soap Signature Lindinis
Razors Ever ready 1912 and Gillette Labs with Exfoliating bar Raz=r edition.
Blade Gem.
Bowl Obsidian Copper.
Aftershave Signature Lindinis.

Surprise Surprise another quality shave with the Signature range and 1912 razor. I love the sound of the feedback it gives and a beautiful two pass shave had.
I really want to hate the Gillette if I did it would be easy to justify my bulging shelf of shaving gear but alas I can't.
The razor is brilliant for what it does, not perfect but it does exactly what it's made for.
My head is bald as a badgers @ss now and I look and smell ammmmaaaazzzzziiiinnngggg.
Season 1 Kisses GIF by The Roku Channel

Have a great evening everyone.

Pre: Sainsbury's Tea Tree Cleansing Bar
Razor: Blackland Era L4 SB
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (England) 'New' [7]
Soap: 345 Soap Co - Trench Lines
Brush: EJ XL Synthetic

1000036341.jpg

7 shaves and no noticeable decline in performance. My intuition is starting to suggest that Wilkinson 'New' may have been intentionally 'dumbed down' after a few years similar to the Personna 74 as it just lasts so long.

Fri 15
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Varen + Clubman Gents Gin
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake
Razor Joh Engstrom Eskilstuna Frameback
It's a beautiful lather whip-up by an excellent brush. The scent is actuated by the nice splash!
Enjoyed a great shave with this razor. Thanks to the diamond balsa and HBA...the edge is finally to my satisfaction...
20231215_132137.jpg

SOTD 15-Dec
20231214_122125-01-01.jpeg
Brush: C&H 'Eyespot' V18
Soap: WK Vor V
Razor: Gillette New LC
Blade: Wizamet

Wonderful shave this morning to kick off my leave from work, not back in until the new year and it feels damn good.

Smooth, smelling good and doing sweet FA today!... Edit: Unless the Mrs pulls out the list of jobs

Hope everyone has a cracking day, I sure as hell will!

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom