SOTD: Saturday 9 December - Friday 15 December 2023.

SOTD Sat 9 Dec 2023

Maybe one more time
15513059-80A5-46BC-B5AE-D2FC9F6A5AB1.jpeg
Prep stuff - shower, Imperial Leather face wash
Soapy stuff - Proraso Red with glass bowl and Yaqi 24mm synthetic brush
Sharp stuff - Merkur 38c razor with Shark SS blade (5)
Wet stuff - lather remains face wash, cold rinse, alum block
Smelly stuff - Forest Fresh ASL, Nivea Replenishing ASB, Mastermind Vintage EDT
Talkie stuff - very nice, smooth Saturday evening shave. Blade still sharp enough for a 2+ tidy effort with no issues

3F34BED5-D585-4FE3-A05D-AD4216FA8BE3.jpeg
How come you’re not on the blanket?
Leaving it for you.
Oh, thanks, I think.
No probs, just thinking of you, that’s why I’m man’s best friend.
???

SOTD: 10th December 2023.

b.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather Bergamot & Sea Salt Energising Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Tuxedo synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: Ach Brito Mogno Shaving Soap.
Blade: Mers Supershave X Platinum . (D2)
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic Premium TTO.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Aloe Vera Cooling Gel./ P&G Old Spice Whitewater ASL.

Greetings,

The Ach Brito Mogno soap is a wonderful performer it get top marks for it's performance, scent, protection, slickness & post shave feel.

A close comfortable 2 pass + pick ups Sunday morning shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off a with a generous splash of P&G Old Spice Whitewater ASL.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

SOTD: 10/12/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Feather ProGuard - 15, 4th use
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Bowl: Kikier Ceramic Bowl
Preshave: Martin De Candre Huile Végétale - Camomille et Citron Oil
Soap: Acqua Di Parma Barbiere Cream
Balm: Acqua di Parma Barbiere Balm
Additional Care: Osma Alum
Additional Care: Cold Water
Fragrance: Givenchy Xeryus Rouge EdT

Have a nice Sunday.

Sunday 10th December
Ever Ready 1912 - GEM Stainless #1 - DScosmetic T4 Synthetic - OSP Spice Road - Williams Aqua Velva - Aloe Vera Gel
1000016864-01.jpg

SOTD 10-Dec
20231208_155043.jpg
Brush: SOC Taj
Soap: WK Italian Holiday
Razor: RR Wunderbar
Blade: Wizamet
Post: WK Italian Holiday & ScentUK Leather T (TF Tuscan Leather) EDP

Cracking shave as always with the Wunderbar. This WK is another acquisition from Black Friday that I've just got around to using, decided to put it together with the Tuscan Leather dupe from ScentUK. Now I've no idea whether it is a decent dupe or not, but if it is then I know I'll like the original. It also seems to go fairly well with Italian Holiday, perhaps adding a bigger punch with the leather. Well, that's what my unrefined nose thinks anyway.

The wife test still hasn't been conducted, so we'll see whether it passes muster or not.

Hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Sunday 10 December
My SOTD needed more focus, so what better than to apply my lovely Italian examples. I’ve had the Dynamic Evo for a while but found it too mild for regular use, more for when my face needed a quiet time. Then came the exquisite Focus Slim Al. Certainly the best of its kind I’ve used so far.
I opened a Gillette 365 blade to try having never used one before. It’s Gillette, say no more.
The pair work well together, not used at the same time of course that would be daft. The open mowed the flat surfaces done wtg and most of the curves. Then the Evo introduced atg and for final polish. No drama or weepers, bbs all the way. Obviously you don’t need to use both but hey, use it or lose it!
The vintage Rubberset was a cheap Bay buy and I’m still breaking in the bristles, quite literally as the first use managed to shed quite a few. I could always re knot it but I’m loathe to as it’s probably original.
The Williams soap doesn’t disappoint, quite a hard soap, soft scent and will probably last a while.

Have an enjoyable day fellas!

IMG_0402.jpeg

10/12/23
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Silver Birch Brushes - Cocobolo 26mm Silvertip
Soap - Stirling Soap co. Bay Rum
Razor - ES Claymore V1
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Bay Rum Argan Oil
A/S - Tonyschin's Bay Rum #02 Splash
Wk 50 (2).jpg
The Original "Made in Scotland" Claymore is a joy to use, its a bit of a Goliath. however, it delivers a fantastic shave, very much like the Mongoose i had.
I did enjoy that.
Enjoy your day all.

Back
Top Bottom