SOTD: Saturday 8 - Friday 14 October 2022.

Razor = Occam’s Oren
Blade = Titan Pro Mild ( 1 )
Brush =Shavemac 24mm Synthetic
Cream = ES Bay Rum
Splash = Pinaud Virgin Islands Bay Rum
Balm = ES Bay Rum
ACA32492-C04C-423E-B6CA-EBB22C6D060F.jpegBrilliant shave tonight before i jet off to the Greek Isles.
Iv been wet shaving virtually my whole adult life but this bay rum was my first soap i used when i stared my DE journey.
I only have two Bay Rums but this one is definitely the best of the two.
Jury’s out on the splash although it always seems a bit smokey to me but not in a bad way just completely different from the cream.
Nonetheless a wonderful 8/10 shave
Onwards & Upwards
Enjoy the rest of your week
Stay Safe

Brush: Simpson Duke 3

Soap: Southern Witchcraft Samhain

Razor: Parker Semi Slant

Blade: Bic Chrome (2)

The Parker Semi Slant was on its last chance to redeem itself and it was off to a poor start with lukewarm water as I'd run the tank down cleaning tonight. My face had been irritated all day from last nights attempt and if anything today was worse. I gave up going ATG under my nose and on my chin, it just kept catching. It's a lovely well made razor with a solid chunky head and a lovely machined and anodized handle but it's going on sale and away from my face. A big plus for the Samhain, smells more like a sweet pumpkin pie than pumpkin so I'm enjoy20221010_225953.jpging that.

HDB7c0a.png

RAZOR: RAZOR: Yates 921-H Brushed Brass
BLADE: Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdgeYellow
BRUSH: AP Shave Co. 24mm Synbad Fan Synthetic
LATHER: Declaration Grooming Fake Yellow Light Shave Soap
POST: Declaration Grooming Fake Yellow Light Aftershave Splash

Brush: Simpson Duke 3

Soap: Southern Witchcraft Samhain

Razor: Parker Semi Slant

Blade: Bic Chrome (2)

The Parker Semi Slant was on its last chance to redeem itself and it was off to a poor start with lukewarm water as I'd run the tank down cleaning tonight. My face had been irritated all day from last nights attempt and if anything today was worse. I gave up going ATG under my nose and on my chin, it just kept catching. It's a lovely well made razor with a solid chunky head and a lovely machined and anodized handle but it's going on sale and away from my face. A big plus for the Samhain, smells more like a sweet pumpkin pie than pumpkin so I'm enjoyView attachment 94663ing that.
I know you’ve been shaving a while mate but some people can never come to terms with ATG
it’s perhaps something you should give up on until you have a razor / blade combo you like.
Again we’re all different but you’ll be hard pushed on this forum to find anyone that rates Bic blades,
for me it’s one of the worst iv tried but fair play to you for perseverance

SOTD: 11th October 2022.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Mandarin & Lemongrass Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas Boar.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Palmolive Classic Shave Cream.
Blade: Gillette London Bridge. (D1)
Frankenrazor: Yaqi DOC Head / Ab Inox Eco Safety Razor Handle.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /P&G Old Spice Hawkridge ASL. / L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

Everything in my shave set up this morning worked together superbly.

The humble Palmolive classic shave cream is a fantastic shave cream and it i has a good residual slickness and protection and post shave feel which IMHO the three things that make a good shaving cream/soap not so much it's density or scent. As always YMMV, opinions are very subjective.

An enjoyable 2 pass + pick -ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of L'0REAL Barber Club Reinforcing ASB.

My face is feeling cool, smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

11/10/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 Synth
Soap - OSP Old Gold
Razor - Feather WS-D2
Blade - Gillette Nacet
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Old Spice Original
Wk 41 (4).JPG
A bit of early morning sink time, leaving me smooth, clean and fresh.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

SOTD 11-Oct
20221010_135750.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Braizier' AP Gelousy Fan
Soap: NO Firefighter
Razor: CG Level 3
Blade: Schick TC (1)

Decent enough shave, @Bogeyman I gave the Schick's a bash, they didn't really blow my skirt up. They kind of reminded me of the Astra SP's, acceptable but much prefer GSB or Nacets. This obviously has to be tempered with the razor I've used and that I don't feel much difference between blades unless they're at the opposite ends of the spectrum. The CG though seems to be able to handle most blade choices with no fuss (hence the choice). I won't be rushing out to buy any but if they end up as freebies I won't immediately throw them in the bin.

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

SOTD: 11/10/2022

Razor: Razorock Hawk V3
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink SE, 3rd use
Brush: DS Cosmetic Ken Surfs
Bowl: Captains Choice Heavyweight Copper Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube 2.0 Soap
Soap: Surprise Sample Croap
Aftershave: Razorock Blue Barbershop Aftershave
Balm: Proraso Blue Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Courtesy Of The Hillbilly Moon Explosion
Additional Care: Wife Sniff Test = Not Too Bad At All

This week is another of the sample soap theme weeks. You know what it's like, we all get soap samples from time to time. I pick a week to use some of them up.

Todays soap is Wickhams 1912 Classic 24. I do love the smell of this soap, to me it's nice and clean and not overly scented. No issues with the lather either. I could buy this soap quite easily.

656E45A6-40D3-46AA-8FFD-F7E4BBD742FE.jpeg

11 October

Signature Soaps Danum
Yaqi Dandelion
Ikon Deluxe DLC
Feather Hi-Stainless
Signature Soaps Danum splash

5580F1BA-3D1C-4996-8D9E-3E34421848E6.jpeg
That was an excellent two pass shave this morning, close, comfortable and wonderfully scented. The Ikon is providing me with some of my better DE shaves, to think that a couple of months ago I was thinking of moving it on!

Ever Ready for me today, the made in GB early 50s so called Natural-Angle Razor. Still got the price in the box, 7 shillings and six pence in old money, that would be about £14 today. I’d say that was probably as affordable then as it would be today for some but not all.
GEM personna duly installed, reknotted synthetic brush and then dip into Crabtree and Evelyn Sandlewood cream that I had decanted into a small glass jar (ex dark chocolate melting middle dessert :love: ), and topped off with a ceramic lid that last saw action early 20th century on a chemists shelf. I gather from the label and the internet that the pot (which I don’t have) would have contained an ointment containing opium and was poisonous if ingested :eek:. Who’d have guessed it? but at that time government regulation of all manner of things particularly drugs was nowhere near as stringent as it is today. Mind you, I wouldn’t eat shaving cream today either.

Enjoy the day fellas!

6FBD27D8-E649-4FCC-B997-9DA33AD37AFF.jpeg

310928774_434951058544210_1110242888822836645_n.jpg

Prep:
Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Ach Brito Mogno
Brush: Yaqi Aqua Beaux Silvertip Premium synthetic
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Supermax Blue Diamond Platinum (1)

Work once again getting in the way of regular visits to the forum. However home for a couple of days before heading up to Scotland tomorrow. Relaxing setup - the Supermax is a brilliant blade in my opinion an the Brut's a favourite of both me and my wife.

Back
Top Bottom