SOTD : Saturday 7th August to Friday 13th August 2021

Fri 13 SR SOTD
Soap B&M Cheshire
Brush BOTI 26mm Fan Silvertip
Razor P Hospital Le Grelot Thiers 1st Use With Special Thanks to @RussellR5555
Aftershaves
Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + B&M Cheshire AS Balm
Outstanding soap qualities. Love the aromatic scent! The lather was creamy and slick too...
This razor was a surprise from @RussellR5555! The razor felt really nice in hand and the edge was a wow...very comfortable and surprisingly smooth shave even when I was in a hurry...managed 3passes for satisfactory sas results. A small weeper on the neck because of the haste. I was amazed at how good & easy it felt while maneuvering under the neck...love these vintage razors, wonder what year it was made? The matching aftershave balm was awesome too!
20210813_132000.jpg

It's Friday the 13th and I've not butchered myself!

Far from it, the Nacet was outstanding, super smooth, super close - I can't even feel anything on any of my trouble spots, just smooth and silky. Stirling barbershop did the trick, suitably lathered with the Stirling brush, splashed with barbershop and I now smell like a vanilla-ry, powdery god!

Hope everyone else has a great start to the day too!
Gary

Attachments

• IMG_20210813_081225__01.jpg
    IMG_20210813_081225__01.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 1
13/8/21

IMG_20210813_112321.jpg

Soap - Arko Hydrate Cream
Brush - Yaqi Plissoft 24mm
Razor/Blade 1 - Yaqi Katana/Lord Classic SS (3)
Razor/Blade 2 - Yaqi DOC/Voskhod (2)
Post - Alum/Cien Aqua
AS - Brut Oceans

First time using the Arko Hydrate shaving cream, and I was pleasantly surprised. It might be the cheapest shaving cream in my rotation (bought from Amazon for £1.49 to bump up an order to get free shipping) but it performs very well, has a nice cooling sensation without having too much menthol, and produces a nice slick lather. I will give it a few more uses before I fully evaluate it but it's off to a good start.

I had a few days of growth and went for a slightly more efficient razor than I usually do, ie the Yaqi Katana and my face struggles to deal with more than one pass so I used a second razor/blade which to clear up the areas I missed on the first pass and the tricky bit under my nose, which I struggle to shave with the Katana. The Lord SS was running out of steam on the first pass anyway, and I think I was applying a little too much pressure which lead to picking up a weeper. The clean up pass with the Yaqi DOC and Voskhod was a lot more comfortable.

The weeper wasn't a huge one, closed up with a little alum and finished the shave with the pleasant inoffensive marine style Brut Oceans splash.

Aside from the weeper, my face was feeling very smooth and comfortable at the end of the shave.

SOTD 13-Aug
DSC02030 (1).jpg
Prep: Warm shower
Brush: Cadman 30mm Tuxedo
Soap: Tabac Stick
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Voshkod (3)

Good shave this morning, that's all for the blade now though, I can usually push it to 4 with these but not this time around.

Tabac combination used this morning, mainly because it was the first one my hand hit and I was in a rush. I do enjoy the convenience of a soap stick though, wish more would bring them out.

Ready for the last stretch into the weekend!

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
Fri 13th August

The Grosvenor 404mixed
Ach Brito Mogno
RR S/S Hawk V3 OC plate
Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 1 )
Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

My first use of this Razor in a while and my first with a Kai Pink on board. Amazed at just how smooth the Shave was and at the same time my two day growth was eliminated with ease. This one of the best Shaves I have had with any Razor.

2F84E2B1-AA65-4E14-B68C-A9B6780C728D.jpeg

An end of week shave thematically entitled 'The return of the King'

IMG_20210812_234818.jpg

King Ikon B1
King Polsilver Lodz
King Yaqi (latter Dandelion dynasty)
King Menrock
Queen Chris I

A welcome return to a real razor and perfection delivered by King Ikon. What a relief. 'Long live the king'

Have a lovely weekend ahead you shaving people and may your sewing be equally as perfect as your smooth faces.

With my compliments

An end of week shave thematically entitled 'The return of the King'

View attachment 75334

King Ikon B1
King Polsilver Lodz
King Yaqi (latter Dandelion dynasty)
King Menrock
Queen Chris I

A welcome return to a real razor and perfection delivered by King Ikon. What a relief. 'Long live the king'

Have a lovely weekend ahead you shaving people and may your sewing be equally as perfect as your smooth faces.

With my compliments

You ever get the feeling that you like something but you don't, you think it looks cool but it's lame. That's what that handle does to me.
dont get me wrong I'm not knocking it, or am I, fuck.
Right I have thought about this. I think it looks cool as fuck but a bugger to use, is that is what is confusing me. (y)

You ever get the feeling that you like something but you don't, you think it looks cool but it's lame. That's what that handle does to me.
dont get me wrong I'm not knocking it, or am I, fuck.
Right I have thought about this. I think it looks cool as fuck but a bugger to use, is that is what is confusing me. (y)

I loved it when I first saw one and put it at the top of my 'Must have even if I have to die getting one list'. Which wouldn't have been much use if I did.

But, yeh love it and balances nicely with Ikon and its angry stance

Back
Top Bottom