SOTD : Saturday 7th April - Friday 13th April 2018.

Thursday.
Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Prep
Razor: Sensor Excel
Blade: N/A
Brush: Rough,No Name Boar
Soap: Storybook Soapworks: Coffee Spoons
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / L'Occitane Cade After Shave Balm

An excellent shave today, with Coffee Spoons doing the honours... and even though it's just my mid week chuck around with the Sensor, there's no reason to scrimp when it comes to soap... well, that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it!

Saturday
Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Prep
Razor: Barbaros TR-1
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
Brush: The 'Americana' (Shavemac 24/48 D01 2 Band)
Soap: Tallow + Steel: Classic
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / Wholly Kaw: Cuero Oscuro Aftershave Toner
Fragrance: Profumum Roma Arso

It's always a pleasure to wield The 'Americana', especially with a Tallow + Steel soap... wonderful. The TR-1 produced a super efficient shave with the Polsilver, which was maybe a touch too much for my personal tastes... I may have to hold the TR-1 back just a tad, and stick with a Timor/Astra.... and all topped of with Profumum Roma Arso... a truly divine fragrance. Happy weekend everyone.

Saturday AM 2018-04-07

Georgetown Pottery G12 scuttle (Green Oribe & Purple)
Rooney Emillion 2 Porcelain-Jade Finest (26/54)
Colgate Barber shaving soap (vintage)/Acqua di Parma Colonia EdT
Delta Echo Black Chrome-Nickel Feather AS-D2
Personna Super Platinum Chrome (12)
Aramis Tuscany aftershave
hMelbQz.jpg

Sat 7th April

Stirling Syn. 26mm
Stirling Baker Street
Schick E2- Canada WW2 Naval issue
Schick Proline ( 6 )
Pitralon Classic A/S lotion

Am fiinding this E2 much smoother than my USA version,especially now I have teamed it up with a Proline blade.
Today I had a nice comfortable Shave with a great finish,not quite as good as the one yesterday with the PAL Injector-Matic.

IMG_0050.jpg

mrB786I.jpg

l8AnHz9.jpg

Two Pass Shaving Routine..:cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Herder Constant Solingen Full Hollow 6/8th
Fitchard Pure Badger
Valobra Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel
Logona Mann Balm

I Had a Wonderful Shave Today with My Herder Solingen 6/8th..Built Like a Panzer Tank this Stainless Razor..As the Germans Would Say..Wunderbar..;)

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed..:D:D

Billy

Sotd - Saturday 7-04-18

Razor - Rockwell 6c (4)
blade - Polsilver SI (1)
soap - SV Tundra Artica
brush - Vie Long Anniversary two band LE
post - witch hazel
a/s - Vitos Tobacco
balm- Weleda
scent - Creed Tabarome parfum.

Result - f**k me that was good.

Do you ever get a shave where the planets align perfectly? Just wonderful. This was one for me. I had never used a Rockwell before. I picked it up as part of a trade - thanks again @Wayne Pritchard - what a razor. I now understand why they get so much love. It's the first DE I have used this year I think - such was my infatuation with vintage single edges but the Rockwell just works. Straight out of the box - no learning curve. Nice heft and hand feel - a standard thread handle that will do well with my Ikon heads - the 101 being my default travel razor. A quality bit of kit - punching well above its cost. It's quiet in operation but left me bbs in two passes. No need to polish my problem spots. For me a fantastic razor. I get the point now about the Rockwell. Helped no end by a bit of a bric a brac software approach. SV soap needs no further praise - undoubtedly expensive but worth it - fantastic for me. If I could just nail the scent down? Can't fault the performance. Top end stability of lather, slickness and glide. A soap that you could well just use with no post shave treatment - so good is the face feel - but where's the fun in that? First use of the Vitos Tobacco after shave - I wasn't initially keen on the way it smelt - but it goes on much nicer - it's quite sweet for a tobacco scent. My face liked it a lot though. The scent is quite ephemeral - fair enough - it went quickly - didn't interfere with the Creed. Nice. A fantastic shave - may all yours be that good - I.

Last edited:
Date: 08 April 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- La Toja (3 shave sticks grated into a 150ml plastic tub)
Razor/Blade:- Muhle Rocca R96 / Gillette Nacet #7
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- L'eau D'issey Pour Homme

SOTD: 8th April 2018.

6.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ Nivea Men ~ Cool Kick Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wilkinsons Fruits ~ Coconut & Vanilla Body Butter.

Brush: Semogue 830.

Bowl Lather.

Cream: Erasmic .

Blade: Personna Lab Blue .(2)

Razor: Gillette Slimtwist .

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Alum Block./Cold Water Face Rinse./Aloe Vera Gel .

Dana ~ English Leather A/S.

Greetings,

A nice relaxing sunday morning 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

The gillette slimtwist is such a pleasure to shave with, i've mentioned in my previous sotd's this vintage lady amazes me each time i use her that still after 40 years +, a razor can still perform with such smoothness & excellence..Amazing stuff.

As always the erasmic cream lather provided me with a glorious slick protective lather, leaving a nice post shave feeling to my face.

Finishing the shave off my sunday shave in old school style with a very generous splash of english leather a/s.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your sunday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
SOTD_20180408.jpg

• Safety Razor: Wolfman Razors - WR1 .67 OC WRH2 polished handle
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Sorrentino - Barzini (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: Saponificio Varesino - Opuntia - Beta 4.3 - Special Edition
  • After-Shave: Saponificio Varesino - Opuntia - Balm
  • Fragrance: Rituals - Eau du Kashmir

Brush: EJ Medium BB
Soap: Wickham's Irish Fern
Razor: Sabre L2
Blade: Gem Blue Star
Post: Warm then cold water rinse, Wickham's Irish Fern PSB

IMG_20180408_092526.jpg
A very relaxed Sunday Morning shave, my skin's feeling smooth and hydrated.
First time with Wickham's PSB, and I like it a lot, absorbs quickly, smells great and feels good.
Have a great Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom