SOTD: Saturday 6 January - Friday 12 January 2024.

Thur 11th January

Aleppo soap- Shave pre wash
Stirling Syn 26mm
MWF
Merkur Progress
Personna S/S Blue ( 1 )
Pitralon A/S lotion

DE Shave !!
A couple of days ago I answered a query about a suitable container for a Progress LH when travelling, and took photos of the Razor and pouch. Having dug the Razor out , I was tempted to try out my first DE Shave in 3+ years.
So today with a bit of apprehension I gave it a go. With a setting on 3 and a nice lather, I was rather surprised at how well the Shave went , in fact quite quickly too. I guess over the the and changing between different types my techniques have improved. I might well try a few more Shaves with this and the Futur, as I still have a stock of these Lab Blues.

IMG_0910.jpeg

Last edited:
Until a few days ago I'd been using boars entirely (DecemBOAR at B&B) and had no problems. No idea what had changed now.

I can understand why some shift entirely to synths, no brush burn and really easy to build a lather with but they can be a bit charmless at times.

I think it's nice to have a bit of variety, maybe you will find you back to boars down the line.
Agree, some bristle brushes are softer than others, but all will be rougher than synthetic. I use both types. Our forefather could only use natural products but today we have choice, some might argue too much choice. Also, how keen we are to “save the environment“ and natural will be better long term than synthetic in this respect. Unless you are a badger or boar of course and don’t want to have to go around bare arsed in the cold weather :ROFLMAO:

A tale of two shaves and the theme, 'The Lord of the sinks, the two towers'

View attachment 115496

Frodo the razor - Stainless Mongoose
Boromir the blade - Feather Professional
Bilbo Brushgins - Zenith dark synthetic
Soapron - ADP Collezione Barbierre
Balmiman Butterbur - L'Occitane Cade

'Second tower'

Gandalf arrived at the tower of Saruman and declared, 'We are a pair of bearded twats and we are in need of a shave'. And shave they did. It was also notable that non of the Orcs sported facial hair so one has to assume we are all big grotesque ugly gits. Well I am. QED

A good shave? Damn brilliant. And still damn ugly

But not ugly.....

View attachment 115521

Lord Ikon - Ikon B1
Blador - Gillette 7-O'Clock (now past 7 O'Clock)
Gimli the brush - PAA Peregrino
Samwise Soapgee - Bath House Spanish fig
Merry Moisturiser - Collegen

'And all I said was I'd love a nice ring and before I know it he's sodded off to some place called Mordor. More tea?'

The dwarves refused to shave and Gollum admitted he didn't have any issue as he'd never grown any hair anyway.

A boss shave and some boss ladies

And I remain effing ugly
That’s an interesting double ended razor Chris, looks like it could shave face and groin at the same time, depends how tall you are but I’m sure you’d manage :ROFLMAO:

Thursday 11 January

Simple combo today,
Williams soap
Tatara
Super Silver 3x
Simpsons Wee Scot

Soap gives a good lather but tends to dry quickly so in order no to rush I work cheeks and neck separately. The soap also leaves a mild irritation.
The blade is still excellent and the Tatara needs no more superlatives than it has already received.
The Wee Scot is a bit of an enigma to me. Why make a brush this small? Travel brushes don’t need to be quite this small. It spreads lather no problem but isn’t cheap. Perhaps it is made by apprentices learning their trade?

Have a great day fellas!

IMG_0456.jpeg

11/01/24
Pre - Droyt's Vegetas Glycerine Soap
Brush - Mühle Lge Classic Silvertip Synth
Soap - OSP Spice Road
Razor - Blutt BR1 - 0.86
Blade - Personna Platinum
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - OSP Spice Road
Wk 02 (7).jpg
The Blutt is in my top 3 DE razors (I've tried a few).
A cracking shave today, the Mühle knot is fantastic - pity i dropped and chipped it a while back, i may put it in another handle.
This blade has completed 5 full shaves in total so far, still very smooth, although it has been banked as i have plenty of blades and next weeks razors deserve a fresh blade.
Enjoy your day all.

Aylesworth Razors The Kopparkant Razor ; Gillette 7 O'clock Sharp Edge ; Martin De Candre Agrumes ;
HL Thater 4670/5 26mm Two Band Silvertip ; Raw Supremo Facial Moisturiser

MAR-0071-1-pe-cas.jpg

11/1/24

Soap - Kent
Brush - Yaqi Cashmere
Razor - Gillette Red Tip
Blade - Astra Stainless
AS - Boots Freshwood

I'd read a lot of things about the elusive Red Tip and today was my first time using it. I'd read it is one of more efficient razors Gillette made, but to my surprise it was actually quite a bit less efficient than I was expecting but it was fairly smooth in the shave nonetheless. I'm not entirely sure but I've quite taken to the TTO's I have used, I definitely prefer 3 piece razors.

IMG_20240111_165421.jpg

Back
Top Bottom