SOTD Saturday 5th - Friday 11th August

I'm wearing the Hermes one now a
@Ids1984 - The Hermes Eau D'Orange Verte edt is one of my favourite scents. It dovetails beautifully with OSP Orange and Patchouli soap in my experience. cheers - I.
I'm wearing the Hermes now, I'm wondering if
@Ids1984 - The Hermes Eau D'Orange Verte edt is one of my favourite scents. It dovetails beautifully with OSP Orange and Patchouli soap in my experience. cheers - I.
its the right one as I can't detect any orange lol

I'm wearing the Hermes one now a

I'm wearing the Hermes now, I'm wondering if

its the right one as I can't detect any orange lol

Scent is very subjective - the Hermes is a sharp - green - orange for me - Seville oranges - not sweet, like neroli. There is a lot of patchouli in the base of the Hermes. Although you can't detect the orange - nice all the same? I.

Scent is very subjective - the Hermes is a sharp - green - orange for me - Seville oranges - not sweet, like neroli. There is a lot of patchouli in the base of the Hermes. Although you can't detect the orange - nice all the same? I.
Yes I do like it.

Just tried the tres fresh and that's a lot more orangy to me, unfortunately not been able to get any samples.

Saturday 8/5/17

Homemade preshave oil
Plisson Synthetic brush
RazoRock Medico Della Peste soap
Star 1912 razor
CVS blade
RazoRock Medico Della Peste aftershave
Barbers Choice Unscented balm

65e7cfd72b58ce3d1cbcd3ae7f13914b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0uQFAVyFbQxkmVz707q_cOeYT-nncokenOiwrHfI8E68YON0e0K653_bvVJ6phAJG2yU4DiK_zMrDNOCbw7dC2iNAEjOLhbKJHc3RueNEXuXSU7gsCNNUUgHOuf8_IkHoEYH8GscnkX8iGLIKhOhkcEJOhm5UQ3LWGuI-jnq8yghjThZrD8ytwlFyeKSKOTExhYGTV8YZj1OiTRbtSB_R8WUCW0Gom-jJBbZWjjg18o2WcieUMyY6M4K4KPxpRrbl6cVof8tiBnZ3VNbAFlXztIqODE3a9YHeigNVF006AIe-YoX5E-6ePliEqj0SMQXKwILJT0hNrpXJylpLwBRmWP37bDPhUkluPlwB6ps07Tu4GhszF584xbD1G9zRROuuGPF4QO5Bk5VrOIzYSzOPVG4643ePCqHr-0trS6-uHJFQeEHAqaWYubojDo_lsu1_gSS61gn9eki_QCZFqfDyY2IasvWoJIVAM4uW1JpW7xjDTVQlHhdEe-pAVU40XAjuu4qdyT7k5rWoENlSvwv-cDJwUjBm-GbNH7D2gPs91kOuBkXGcOwee5SPXMzQS2T-5b640mIXrEsaNcGC5i7EDTtT0Sg1QfAjufW6jCazw5btdprHIJfsWa8rw=w879-h659-no

Omega 46806
ATT Calypso M1
Ladas (2)
d'ardenne, Short & Bell Kyoto
Thayers Rose, Issey Miyake L'eau d'Issey Pour Homme Balm & EDT

Colourful today, I really love this soap. The scent is just divine and the performance top notch. I like this brush but need to take some time to dial it in, superb shave with the Calypso the Ladas works well with it, a single nick due to inattention. Enjoy your weekend chaps.

0uQFAVyFbQxkmVz707q_cOeYT-nncokenOiwrHfI8E68YON0e0K653_bvVJ6phAJG2yU4DiK_zMrDNOCbw7dC2iNAEjOLhbKJHc3RueNEXuXSU7gsCNNUUgHOuf8_IkHoEYH8GscnkX8iGLIKhOhkcEJOhm5UQ3LWGuI-jnq8yghjThZrD8ytwlFyeKSKOTExhYGTV8YZj1OiTRbtSB_R8WUCW0Gom-jJBbZWjjg18o2WcieUMyY6M4K4KPxpRrbl6cVof8tiBnZ3VNbAFlXztIqODE3a9YHeigNVF006AIe-YoX5E-6ePliEqj0SMQXKwILJT0hNrpXJylpLwBRmWP37bDPhUkluPlwB6ps07Tu4GhszF584xbD1G9zRROuuGPF4QO5Bk5VrOIzYSzOPVG4643ePCqHr-0trS6-uHJFQeEHAqaWYubojDo_lsu1_gSS61gn9eki_QCZFqfDyY2IasvWoJIVAM4uW1JpW7xjDTVQlHhdEe-pAVU40XAjuu4qdyT7k5rWoENlSvwv-cDJwUjBm-GbNH7D2gPs91kOuBkXGcOwee5SPXMzQS2T-5b640mIXrEsaNcGC5i7EDTtT0Sg1QfAjufW6jCazw5btdprHIJfsWa8rw=w879-h659-no

Omega 46806
ATT Calypso M1
Ladas (2)
d'ardenne, Short & Bell Kyoto
Thayers Rose, Issey Miyake L'eau d'Issey Pour Homme Balm & EDT

Colourful today, I really love this soap. The scent is just divine and the performance top notch. I like this brush but need to take some time to dial it in, superb shave with the Calypso the Ladas works well with it, a single nick due to inattention. Enjoy your weekend chaps.
A wonderful colourful Pic and a lovely set up.
Congratulations. :)

SOTD: 06/08/17
View attachment 27740

Razor: Gillette Fat Boy (On Loan)
Blade: Astra SP #2
Brush: Hans Baier Silvertip 20mm
Soap: NSS, Moroccan Sands
Splash: DR Harris Arlington
Cologne: DR Harris Arlington

A late night ( Early morning shave before bed this evening but I want to feel fresh.)
The on loan Gillette is proving to be a favourite of mine. Tonight I dialled the razor to #5 for a 2 pass shave.
Having used this razor yesterday and in all honesty I did not have much to contend with but we all know if we can get a shave in we will. :) I only needed a 2 pass to bring me back to at least DBS.

I am a big fan of the Nannies Silly Soap and my first time using the "Moroccan Sands" was a pleasure. As always a lovely slick, creamy lather with superb post shave qualities. I may even suggest the scent is better than the Lemon, Basil & Mandarin. :rolleyes:

Another first with Hans Baier Silvertip. A brush with a little scritch but a lovely back bone. Worked perfectly for face lathering with the rather small tin of the NSS. Thank you @Aaron1983 :)

Finishing with a gorgeous, fresh lemon filled scent I am ready for bed and the morning.

Good night everyone and have a lovely weekend.
Wayne.

Nice picture!....Classy!! :)

View attachment 27743 ~SOTD~ 5th August Saturday

Prep.....Shower~ Olive oil soap
Razor....Valet Auto-Strop
Blade....Valet
Soap....La Savonniere du Moulin
Brush....Semouge OC badger
Post....BBA PS Balm
Scent....Yardley 1770

My first use of this interesting razor and I found it to be smooth and effective, the soap is outstanding with its creamy lather, all in all a very enjoyable shave.

Wishing you all a relaxing weekend......:)

I bought a Valet about a year ago. I need to clean it up and give it a try. I've been holding off thinking it would be a little aggressive, but sounds like it might not be! :)

I bought a Valet about a year ago. I need to clean it up and give it a try. I've been holding off thinking it would be a little aggressive, but sounds like it might not be! :)
No not at all, a very nice shave indeed, just make sure the blade you are going to use is up to scratch. I look forward to seeing it in your SOTD sometime soon :)

Back
Top Bottom