SOTD: Saturday 5 - Friday 11 November 2022.

Sunday November 6, 2022
Razor: Blackbird Ti
Blade: Wizamet
Brush: Vintage Burma Boar
Soap: HCSC Friday Night Lights
AS 1: Alcoholado Eucaliptino 70
AS 2: CFG Ghost Town Barber
Fragrance:
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1,461

Today I was going to mark my since keeping track, 4 years wthout missing a shave. 4 years would include a leap year so 365 x 4 + 1 = 1,461. I had hoped to use some of my favorite equipment and do a video. On Friday afternoon my Dad (Stepdad but more a father than my father was) had an accident. He has relied on machines and medicine to keep him alive while sedated. At 84 with all the physical injuries even if he pulled thru it would likely not end well. His brain hemmorages are progressing and due to location are inoperable. They do not expect him to make it thru and the decision to let nature take it's course has been decided by the family and will be passed on to the staff today. I tried to do as intended for my shave but as I stood andwas selecting what to use my heart was not in it and I selected yesterdays exact same setup. Sorry to be a downer but today took everything to power thru and shave....no pic or video. This one was for you Dad........HUG your loved ones tight today !
Thinking of you at this time

Not the best of weather here today, even the ducks want to stay inside.
The Supply SE got another run today, Schick B-20 blade used with a slightly more aggressive head and together with ToBS Sandalwood left me with a smooth, comfortable and lightly scented face. I think the razor designers have got it right with this one, the style is very reminiscent of Schick injectors and very minimalistic. Need to avoid wet soapy hands when using it, however, it has now become a favourite of mine.
I had a muppet moment when I tried to get a lather but had forgotten to remove the plastic disc (under the razor in foto) which was sitting on top of soap in the bowl. The disc is a good fit and it’s not really visible (my stash of soaps don’t get used every day so it’s difficult to keep track of these things :confused: ). It took a while for the penny to drop that the lack of lather wasn’t due to our hard water, doh!

F9112325-B774-4D7E-ADA7-D6D251386C02.jpeg

Sunday November 6, 2022
Fragrance:

Today I was going to mark my since keeping track, 4 years wthout missing a shave. 4 years would include a leap year so 365 x 4 + 1 = 1,461. I had hoped to use some of my favorite equipment and do a video. On Friday afternoon my Dad (Stepdad but more a father than my father was) had an accident. He has relied on machines and medicine to keep him alive while sedated. At 84 with all the physical injuries even if he pulled thru it would likely not end well. His brain hemmorages are progressing and due to location are inoperable. They do not expect him to make it thru and the decision to let nature take it's course has been decided by the family and will be passed on to the staff today. I tried to do as intended for my shave but as I stood andwas selecting what to use my heart was not in it and I selected yesterdays exact same setup. Sorry to be a downer but today took everything to power thru and shave....no pic or video. This one was for you Dad........HUG your loved ones tight today !
So sorry to hear that Dave. Take care

Los Jabones des Joserra Black Rose, Stando Shaving 24mm 2 Bed
Homelike Taiga, Personna Super Stainless
Lattafa Oud For Glory

SOTD-221106.jpg

6/11/22

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Brush - Yaqi 20mm
Soap - Cella Bio
Razor - Yaqi Cobbed
Blade - Supermax Blue Diamond (6)
Post - Alum/Lea 0%
AS - William Aqua Velva

Today's shave was a blood bath! I'm not entirely sure why I used the Yaqi Cobbed head, which is quite an efficient razor head, even with riding the top cap, there was a bit more bite than I usually like and added to a few chunks of soap which were not created into lather, I think that's why I picked up a number of weepers during the shave. The alum block had a lot of work to do today!

I will give this razor head another go, but I think I might gather a few of my Yaqi razor heads which are on the efficient side of things to PIF.

Have a good Sunday gents.

IMG_20221106_132746.jpg

MNS ‘Orange, cedar wood, black pepper’
Envy Shave ‘ 8 Ball’
Gibbs 15 adjustable
Personna Lab Blue notched #1
A&E L’Orange Verte AS

Smashing shave with one of the best tallow soaps around, set the Gibbs to 6 on first pass then ‘N’ for second pass. Finished off with splash of after shave which let my face feeling great, what more can you ask for?

King C Gillette
Polsilver SI
Vulfix 404
Creightons Sensitive Cream
Proraso Sandalwood Balm

First use of the KCG after receiving as a gift from my brother. Read many a review about it being particularly mild. The head seems reminiscent of the EJ89 I had some 8 years ago.

Got to be honest, had a very close and smooth shave no issues at all. I'll go as far as to say I found it an enjoyable razor to use. Good heft, and I really like the handle. Even if I dont keep on using it - I'll transplant a Tech head onto the handle.

Following a recommendation on here - been using Creightons cream for a couple of weeks. Wonderful stuff. Lathers with ease, has a lovely scent & was cheap as chips. :)

06/11/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger - #1
Soap - Lea Stick
Razor - Blutt BR-1 - 0.86
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Aramis Tuscany EDT
Wk 45a.JPG
Sorry for the late post Lads,
So, we left our very successful little break early this morning, Once home, I did a quick ham and cheese toastie breakfast then unpacked, Our little Ruby was flat out. I had planned to take Mrs TC out for lunch, however, she suggested i went to see the lads for a few beers.
I did contemplated for a Nano second.
I was unpacking so i stood with what i had planned for today's shaving shenanigan's.
Such a fantastic shower, the soap actually rinses off!..
A great face lather - which i am used to and a wonderful 2 pass shave and touch up.
My skin likes hard water.
The only thing i changed was the splash, a bit of Vintage Tuscany, Mrs TC favourite and always a charmer for me.
Takeaway Chinese ordered by the gaffer, i am doing OK.
Stay safe and enjoy your evening all.
PS - I am a bit pished.

metal piper GIF

06/11/22
Pre - Sainsbury's Luxury Soap, Bergamot & Nectarine
Brush - Simpson Duke 2 Best Badger - #1
Soap - Lea Stick
Razor - Blutt BR-1 - 0.86
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Cedarwood and Patchouli Argan Oil and Balm
A/S - Aramis Tuscany EDT
View attachment 95936
Sorry for the late post Lads,
So, we left our very successful little break early this morning, Once home, I did a quick ham and cheese toastie breakfast then unpacked, Our little Ruby was flat out. I had planned to take Mrs TC out for lunch, however, she suggested i went to see the lads for a few beers.
I did contemplated for a Nano second.
I was unpacking so i stood with what i had planned for today's shaving shenanigan's.
Such a fantastic shower, the soap actually rinses off!..
A great face lather - which i am used to and a wonderful 2 pass shave and touch up.
My skin likes hard water.
The only thing i changed was the splash, a bit of Vintage Tuscany, Mrs TC favourite and always a charmer for me.
Takeaway Chinese ordered by the gaffer, i am doing OK.
Stay safe and enjoy your evening all.
PS - I am a bit pished.

metal piper GIF
You look very cool in the kilt Tony. Your sporran looks almost long enough to trip over :rolleyes:

Sunday November 6, 2022
Fragrance:

My condolences.

Back
Top Bottom