SOTD: Saturday 5 August - Friday 11 August 2023.

SOTD 20230811.
zSgrMTc.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (green).
Semogue 1250.
Proraso shaving soap (green).
Vintage 7 O'Clock NEW / Stork Ti "Falcon" handle.
Sputnik Teflon (2).
Proraso ASL (green).

Fri 11
Soap CBL Hombres BarberShop
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Thiers Issard 69 Frameback
Aftershave Clubman Whiskey Woods
Just received this soap from a very kind and generous member. The lather is slick with a very light scent. Good enough for a nice SR shave. The razor's edge is buttery smooth and crisply keen after a refresh on the 0.1um balsa followed by stroping on the roo leather. Enjoyed 3passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230811_155910.jpg

11/08/23
Pre - Shower
Brush - Alpha Outlaw Titanium V1 Synth
Soap - 1912 Classic 24
Razor - Supply Mirror Polished V2 - 3Dot
Blade - Personna Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Avon Shaving Brush "Wild Country"
Wk 32 (7).jpg
Not a great shave today, "the nut on the end of the razor was faulty" totally user error. Missed the angle here and there?
I did however, have a fantastic face lather with the Alpha and Wickham's combo and a nice post shave to finish.

Today i met a very nice fellow TSR member who lives about half a mile away from me, @AnthH was selling his MDC Rose, which i had been on the lookout for and a deal was struck, he also offered me a couple of tubes of the original Brit. Ingram's, what a thoroughly decent fellow. Thank you so much.
20230811_120000.jpg
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Fri 11th August

Cyril Salter/ MS ED2band
Lea Classic soap
RR Hawk V3- A plate
Schick Proline ( 3 )

After a few weeks on the Asylum Injector, move up to The Hawk.The difference in size was not noticeable, and without any hassle got a nice close all round finish. Now that my skin seems more settled might even try an After Shave again. I remember in the 60’s After Shave was a novelty and used for weekends/ special occasions.

90C9AF35-EA14-4956-8F54-4D72B037A263.jpeg

A most bodacious of days to you brethren of the Shaving fraternity and I bid you welcome to my shave with the theme, '23'

View attachment 109861

23 razors (a blatant lie there is only one) - Ikon B1
23 Edged blade - Polsilver Lodz
23 bristles - Captain Fawcett's
23 swirls of soap - Signature Soaps Danum
23 something or other - L'Occitane Cade balm

A 23rd wedded bliss anniversary shave starring a host of nice shaving bits. 23 years our second time around that is. This is our second time married to each other and the longest I know of in our bizarre (and probably illegal) status. My wedding song played at the wedding.......

And Mrs Satanfriendly's for today.....

'And I cast you to the depths of hell and the eternal pits of fire'

'Oh, you mean home then?'

A new blade and a very polished performance from a very polished act in the Ikon B1. So impressed by the Danum the other day I thought I'd better give it another day out. It also happened to be sat at the top of the pile and an easy reach for.

Throw it altogether in wedded harmony and voila ici, a most smooth and polished finish. Just the tonic to go with the 8 O'clock gin. A happy day and a happy shave to start it all off.

In all honesty I think 23 years a second time around says it is not all fire and brimstone and Mrs Satanfriendly is really a superb partner at heart. Just I'm rubbish.

Over to those darling Beaver girls to end this SOTD on. Have a lovely day people...

Happy Anniversary Love GIF
Happy Anniversary All the Best

Razor = Occam’s Oren •••
Blade = Feather Pro Guard ( 3 )
Brush = Alpha 400 Travel 24mm Synthetic
Soap = Castle Forbes Lime with matching balm
Splash = Cella Green
IMG_1950.jpegAnother tiring day comes to an end & finished off with a wonderful 3 pass shave.
This cream is about done,
I reckon i’ll finish it before i leave Indonesia although it’s a must i get it again.
3 Passes of wonderful creamy lather,
i’d be hard pushed for a better shave,
Totally first class.
This is my third use in a row from the Oren,
It just oozes class for me & paired with the pro guard it’s one of my favourite combos for sure.
Enjoy your weekend when it comes.
And don’t do anything i would

IMG_2509.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Brush: Rudy Vey Bog Oak STF 23mm
Lather: DR Harris Arlington
Aftershave: Bart’s Ben Vrackie (Unscented)
Additional Care: Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Peppermint, Lavender and Tea Tree Essential Oils
Fragrance: Arran Aromatics EDT

I also shaved my head although didn’t post the details here. I loaded up my Leaf as usual but the screw wouldn’t clamp down, it looks like the thread has stripped. I know that Leaf does a lifetime warranty so went to find the receipt and can‘t find it anywhere, gutted as it’s a phenomenal head shaver. On a positive note I used my Thorn on the dome and it produced a superb result.

Edit. Found Leaf receipt now

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom