SOTD: Saturday 5 August - Friday 11 August 2023.

Sunday 6 August
Early Schick razors say pre 70s including injectors, repeaters and DE s were in a league of their own in terms of performance and design. The Krona I used today is no exception. Fitted with a Derby 3rd use it was sublime. RazoRock Emperor shave cream (now in an old Bakelite bowl) was also very easy to lather even with my rough old cheap Rubberset clone. Shed a few bristles mind you so not sure how much longer it will last before I’m down to the stubs :eek:
Bbs finish in 2 passes plus minimal pick ups from a razor that could easily be a daily driver today much as it obviously was 50 years ago.
All hail Colonel Schick!
Enjoy the evening fellas!

IMG_0207.jpeg

20230805_192856.jpg

My Shave today consisted of...

Prep Proraso preshave balm
Brush Highlander Black badger brush.
Soap Signature Eboracum.
Razors Reggie's Titanium razor.
Blade DorcoPrime.
Aftershave Superdrug Forest Fresh.

Another nice shave with Reggie's razor and my last shave. Not quite bbs but a good shave nonetheless, I will sum up my feelings on the razor in the lending pool post.
Have a great day everyone.

Sunday 6th August

AIL4fc_8lEY0hEQDVdp8by0h1YYXvNR4St0cMdWqnGVYc46HShWV6icReFu_8r58Z8cCpd7GsGWT10tvDEBL3a6rqFhDoFwVN9VTfjKKVGK0jeo_xSJZ3etJPpQwDFLv5hLQX3WO1RnbfkcMFmowNa4Ntj4D6A=w800

Omega Crema da Barba & Omega 10098 Pure Bristle
Leaf Twig (Mercury) & Derby Premium (2)
Drakkar Noir Aftershave

uxMeWQu.jpg

Kalgoorlie Shave

Prep:
Jack Black Turbo Wash Gel, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Brush: Shavemac 3-band Silvertip Badger
Cream: Kapo Fresh
Razor: ATT S1
Blade: Wizamet Polsilver (1)
Post: Proraso Green Aftershave Lotion, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Scent: Miller Harris Feuilles de Tabac EdT

IMG_2499.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Brush: Rudy Vey Bog Oak STF 23mm
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: Pre de Provence 63
Aftershave: Bart’s Ben Vrackie (Unscented)
Additional Care: Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Peppermint, Lavender and Tea Tree Essential Oils
Fragrance: Paco Rabanne Pour Homme EDT

07/08/23
Pre - Shower
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 LE Faux Tortoise Synth
Soap - 1912 Citrus Musk
Razor - Blackland Dart
Blade - Bic Astor (Ελ.)
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Wickhams 1912 Citrus Musk
Wk 32 (3).jpg
A very mindful 2 pass shave with the Dart today, a full WTG pass then ATG neck going XTG cheeks to jawline. Super close finish and not a mark on me.
The Whickham soaps really do provide me a great protecting lather, loving the scents i have of them also.
A nice post shave routine finishing a very nice shave.
I am Suited and booted ready to pay my respects to my friends father-in-law, a great auld timer with plenty of character who reached well into his 90's, he has struggled these last few years though. Hopefully we will give him a good send off.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Monday 7 August
A new week but an old razor, 1945/6 Aristocrat nearly 80 years old and still going strong like its current owner :cool: . I say current since I do believe that these vintage bad boys will go on for decades more. I waxed lyrical about Schick yesterday but King Gillette has an equal history of quality in design and performance. However, the Aristocrat‘s gold coating would probably not last long with continual daily use but then the last time I used it was 3 October last year. How time flies.
Todays combo was completed with Stirling Barbershop, Derby 4th use and Rubberset 200-3.
2 main passes, wtg followed atg and pickups around chin and neck. The soap smells wonderful but didn’t produce a soapy lather as such but was more thinly layered and creamy. Again, the hard water here doesn’t help. No problem though and a fine bbs finish was achieved without trouble.
Have a great week fellas!

IMG_0211.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom