SOTD: Saturday 5 August - Friday 11 August 2023.

SOTD: 5th August 2023.

1.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body+Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Frankensoap: Erasmic Shaving Soap+Cussons Imperial Leather Bar Soap+Van Der Hagen Scented Luxury Shaving Soap.
Razor: Yaqi DOC Head/Schmidt R10 Handle.- Rapira Platinum Lux. (D1)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils + 3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Denim Original ASL./ Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

Greetings,

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend...Continuing with the Yaqi DOC Head/Schmidt R10 Handle Frankenrazor with all my SOTD sets up this week using another of my infrequently used Frankensoap creations.

Out of all the Franken-razors that I have mixed & matched this one is my favourite. The weight of the Schmidt handle gives it a good heft this could easily be my daily shave razor as it's non-aggressive, but at the same time gives a comfortable DFS/ BBS, and pairs together with every blade choice that i have matched it up with so far. What more could I ask for.

An enjoyable close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Cooling Gel.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth cool and smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Today's shave:

rdt230805bmdom.jpg

- Tallow + Steel Hokkaido
- Nightdiver K2 Purple Horse
- Tatara Muramasa with ASP blade
- Myrsol Agua de Limón

:D

05/08/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 Synth
Soap - 1912 Irish Fern
Razor - Blackland Sabre
Blade - GEM PTFE S/S
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Geoffrey Beene Bowling Green
Wk 32 (1).jpg
The Sabre as smooth as ever, 3 passes for an easy BBS finish.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

5 August

Palmolive stick
Mühle Travel
Mühle R101
Feather Hi-Stainless
Lucky Tiger face tonic

9D8A08F1-6A24-4404-B9CB-85D1C04362E2.jpeg
A travel shave without the travel. I found this solitary stick of the increasingly rare Palmolive at the back of “the cupboard” and it created a truly wonderful lather with the Mühle Travel brush and plenty of lather for the second pass. I shaved with the R101 at a better angle today and achieved the familiar R41 close shave. Excellent!

First #SOTD with my new Konsul.

IMG_4509.jpeg

When tackling five days growth I decided to do things properly.

Rubbed in some Executive Shaving Fuar Ach Snog and enjoyed a hot shower.

Lathered up with the beautifully scented MoonSoaps Havana using a magnificent 28mm Leonidam in a Captain’s Choice bowl.

Three passes with a fresh GSB. 6,4,2. Smooth as butter.

Passed the alum test with only minor tingling around the lower neck (which normally screams at me)

Fine Snakebite to bring that cryogenic blast I love and we’re done.

Magnificent

Before and after

515E3CD9-FA8F-46F4-B4DE-EAF367EF5D4B.jpeg

C410DD36-30D0-4045-B4B6-2666B8C9C0CB.jpeg

Saturday 5 August
English Gillette flare tip aka Rocket and Astra extra stainless, Apothacary 87, 1893, cream produced a very fIne soft lather with my 200 year old silver travel brush, it has new bristles mind you :) , it’s somewhat akin to Trigger‘s dad‘s broom but at least the silver part is original:ROFLMAO:
The Rocket is mild and a joy to use, with a 3rd use Astra it still managed dfs in 2 passes although pick ups under chin did take more time and effort than usual to get a finish. Some 4711 splash and now time to put our wall clock back together after I stripped it for a service. It’s a 1940 Elliot wall clock probably originally from a Government office as the clock face has a number 127 and G vi R cypher
Have a great weekend fellas!

IMG_0205.jpeg

IMG_8083.jpeg

DYCxHn2.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glicerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: TroyCraft Sapphire Amphora 3-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Ariana & Evans St. Barts
Razor: Rex Konsul (3)
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome (4)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Crowne Shaving Co. Aftershave Tonic
Scent: Morgan's Vintage 1873 Cologne

Saturday 5 August
English Gillette flare tip aka Rocket and Astra extra stainless, Apothacary 87, 1893, cream produced a very fIne soft lather with my 200 year old silver travel brush, it has new bristles mind you :) , it’s somewhat akin to Trigger‘s dad‘s broom but at least the silver part is original:ROFLMAO:
The Rocket is mild and a joy to use, with a 3rd use Astra it still managed dfs in 2 passes although pick ups under chin did take more time and effort than usual to get a finish. Some 4711 splash and now time to put our wall clock back together after I stripped it for a service. It’s a 1940 Elliot wall clock probably originally from a Government office as the clock face has a number 127 and G vi R cypher
Have a great weekend fellas!

View attachment 109681

View attachment 109683
I love mechanical wall clocks. I have 3 of them and have only taken one apart for a clean and oil. My first cheap one.

5/8/23

Pre - Palmolive Sea Minerals
Soap - Arko Stick
Brush - Omega 10077
Razor - Gillette NEW Empire Goodwill
Blade - Indian Gillette Wilkinson Sword (1)
Post - Lea Balm
AS - Chat d'Or Boxter

Another NEW being used for the first time, and this is one of the more esoteric razors I have come. The top cap has support tabs in the each of the 4 corners. Almost no blades fit within the top cap, aside from Indian made Gillettes oddly enough. I tried a number of different blades before coming to this conclusion, including Dorco, Russian/MIC Gillettes, Treet, none of them fit in.
Ok, how does this razor perform in the shave. Without a moment's hesitation it's the most aggressive vintage razor I have used and even with a medium sharp blade like the Indian GWS it was a very efficient in the shave. I did two passes but my face was feeling a bit sore afterwards, one pass would have been enough.

IMG_20230805_134704.jpg

IMG_2445.jpeg
SOTD: 04/08/2023

Razor: Occam’s Oren
Blade: Feather Pro, 9th use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Yaqi Plastic Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: HC&C Unscented Puck
Aftershave: Armaf Club de Nuit Intense Man EDT
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm
Scent Oil: HC&C Fresh Spring

A delightful last shave away and the Oren was amazing as it always is.

IMG_2449.jpeg
SOTD: 05/08/2023

Razor: Yintal V7
Blade: Astra SP, 1st use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Yaqi The Green Puck
Aftershave: Yaqi The Green Aftershave
Balm: Bart's Balm BEN KILBRECK Balm

My first run out with the Yintal V7 was a resounding success. I’ve never tried a Mamba style head like this one, but it I found it mild, efficient and extremely smooth! At first I didn’t really feel a thing and thought something was wrong, but as I rinsed the razor, out popped the stubble. I didn’t feel the blade at all and the angle of the head felt very different to the rest of my razors. However despite the slightly odd angle of attack it felt as smooth as ice with each pass, it gave a great DFS and will be a great with a little more practice!

Back
Top Bottom