SOTD: Saturday 4th January - Friday 10th January 2020.

I really enjoyed the Karve With the C SB plate last time out and wanted to try the OC plates this time. Today's choice was the B OC. Loaded up with a fresh Gillette Nacet to give it a go with. I really like the look and feel of the Karve CB in brass with the 3” handle.

Grabbed my new $6 lathering bowl and dropped some Nivea shave cream into it to whip up a quick and easy lather. It's affordable and it works really well. Clean scent and really only second to Gillette Pure when I travel.

The Karve B OC was a very comfortable shave over two passes and left me with a close BBS finish. The Nacets never disappoint and this razor has been phenomenal so far. Lots of plates still to try but the C SB and the B OC have been pretty stellar.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Tuxedo - Sagrada Familia
Lather: Nivea Protect & Care
Aftershave: Nivea Deep
Additional Care:
Anoru Ceramic Bowl
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block

SOTD : 7th January 2020.

g.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea Minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face /Bloom water face wash.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Anbbas Boar.

Face Lather.

Soap: Scottish Fine Shaving Soap.

Razor: Gillette Guard. (3)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Brut ~ Attraction Totale.

The Real Shaving Co. ~ PSSB.

Greetings,

First early morning shave of 2020,

Second day back at the mill after my christmas break..'all good things come to a end'..The scottish fine shaving soap is such a wonderful performer, once bloomed in hot tap water for a few minutes provides a superb slick protective lather ,what i love about this soap is it's post shave feel,which is superb.

A pleasurable 3 pass + pick ups comfortable socially acceptable DFS with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of The Real Shaving Co. ~ PSSB.

The Brut "Attraction Totale" ASL is my favourite out of all the brut range i have..Superb stuff!:love:

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Date:- 07 January 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Sunflower Fields
Razor/Blade:- Schick Eversharp Hydro-Magic / Personna PTFE Coated Injector #10
Post/After-shave: T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

And for today the theme for my shave was 'Elbstrom'

IMG_20200106_120244.jpg

So themed after the name of the ship we are on the back end of

IMG_20200107_072858.jpg

Atlantic Sun - Stainless Colonial General
Star II - Kai Captain (very appropriate)
Venture Joy - Cadman 30mm Tuxedo
SSI Splendid - Signature Soaps Hibernia
Acra - TOBS Eton

Been tugging all night and eventually got bored so thought a shave might be more refreshing. Then to bed minus the tugging.

Wonderful shave and smelling very Eton, which I must say is a top scent. Smoother than a bucket of slime.

Have a most wonderful day folk and I leave you with the usual

Mh6BfuQ.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Pre-Shave Cream
Brush: Shavemac 3-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Czech & Speake No 88
Razor: UFO Tornado / Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome (3)
Scent: Floris No 89

Three passes for very close shave. Enjoyed the newly acquired Shavemac brush very much.
WIth even the best blades, you occasionally get a less than optimal example. The vintage Personna SPC is my favourite blade, and normally buttery smooth, but this example is a smidgen rough, and hence I've binned it.

A&E L'Orange Verte
Envy Shave ‘8 Ball'
Gibbs 15/17 adjustable razor
Rapira SS modified with notches
A&E L'Orange Verte AS

Spent £40 resurrecting the Gibbs razor as the old bakerlite handle cracked in two, so after a year or so sitting in a drawer I ordered a couple of plastic turned handles off Etsy and the hole punch off Amazon to modify the blades to fit, well this morning shave was excellent providing a very smooth result, So I very pleased to get this old (1950's?) razor back in service.:)

07/01/20
Pre: 1912 Club Cola
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus
Soap: 1912 Irish Fern
Razor: Colonial General V2 Stainless
Blade: Feather PB (4)
Post shave: Alum Block, cold water splash, homemade Witch Hazel
Balm: Barts Balm Lime Balm & Lotion
Aftershave: CK Be

4. Tues.JPG

A very nice shave today, as easy as 1, 2, 3.
Feeling and smelling tip top.
Have a great Day All.

Back
Top Bottom