SOTD: Saturday 4th December - Friday 10th December 2021.

Sun 5th December

Stirling Syn. 26mm
Stirling Baker Street
Schick J3
NOS Schick Platinum - Dutch [ 2 ]
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

The J3 is always good for a nice relaxed Shave especially when teamed up with this super NOS Dutch blade. I have a few that I can try in different Razors, thanks to @Fergiebilly for introducing me to these blades.

View attachment 81048
Lovely Blades... :cool:

Billy

Tue 7 SOTD
Soap RazoRock Puros
Brush Spiffo 28mm Manchurian
Razor RazoRock SLOC
Blade Feather Hi-Stainless 4th Use
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + RazoRock Puros Splash
An easy soap to lather producing thick, creamy, and ok slickness qualities. The scent is pure tobacco...nice!!
Easy shave with the razor paired with this blade. Uneventful, reasonably smooth, and acceptable efficiency in 3passes for a dfs+ finish. The blade will be retired. Aftershave was great...it sure can last...
20211207_090728.jpg

SOTD : 7th December 2021.

15.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Pomegranate & Apple Extract Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10077.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Cella Crema Da Barba.
Blade: Derby Usta. (D3)
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE 89. (Kelvin)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Boots Freshwood ASL+ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

The Cella shave cream provided me with an excellent lather its such a wonderful performer with it's cherry almond fragrance.

Another enjoyable two pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Boots Freshwood ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

263334734_483476289754083_272904741387801348_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Gentlemans Face Care Club Cream
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Mysterious Space Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Supermax Blue Diamond Platinum (3)

Incredibly good cream, although the omission of an apostrophe on the label does make my eye twitch:rolleyes: 3 and out for the Supermax - I'm confident it would perform well enough for another day at the very least but why push it?

Back to UK Mitchell's wool fat from the fancy US soap... really disappointed by my second Stirling. It's like margarine...
Indeed the right move. What a soap, used as a stick and face lathered in 1 min.
Rex Ambassador 1.5-1.0-0.5/Gillette 7 'o clock permasharp stainless
Witch hazel
Floid new formula.

I am back in decent mood, being stuck in isolation due to a positive in the family I was starting to feel really miserable.
Shaving properly helps!

Chuesday Shave

Razor: RazoRock Lupo 95
Blade: Derby Usta (1)
Brush: Semogue SOC 2-band finest 24mm
Soap: Brutalt Bra Norsk Gran
AS: Pitralon Classic

sotd_052.jpg

7 December

Signature Soaps Danum
PAA Peregrino
ES Claymore Evolution
Feather Professional
Bart’s Balm Ben Vorlich

3E7E75BE-5C25-44BC-9111-972685879BC5.jpeg

I tried a Feather Professional blade in the Claymore this morning to try and compare it to the Proguard. I did notice, unsurprisingly, a bit more blade feel today, but, I don’t think the shave was any closer. Back to the Proguard for the next shave. I had a very pleasant shave, regardless.

It was a toss up between another Brit Tech with the flat plate (circa 46-48), or the Lupo .72 - [I noticed a few Lupo .95s kicking about in the SoTD posts and think that would just be too much, still looks as nice though]. As the Tech is 'new to me', it won.
Note to self, Lupo with a Nacet will be the next DE I use!
Loaded the Tech with a Personna, I did 3 passes and have ended up BBS.
The powdery vanilla notes in the Stirling barbershop are floating around the house right now.
Have a good day folks.
Gary

Attachments

• IMG_20211207_082529__01.jpg
    IMG_20211207_082529__01.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 5
Tuesday DecemBOAR 7, 2021
Razor: Micromatic (Bumpless)
Blade: sChick Injector
Brush: Fluffy Industries Copper/Maggard 70/30 Mixed
Soap: Stirling Carmichael
AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
AS 2: Avon Leather
Fragrance: BVLGARI Man in Black Essence
Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1126

Another offering by Stirling on BF and I see it is now sold out. Here is the scent description on the site:

This scent is very sensual with notes of leather, vanilla, and powder up front. It is perfect for day or night. All together, it has top notes of green tea, bergamot, and rose, a woody middle of sandalwood, cedar, and jasmine, and a base of leather, vanilla, amber, musk, and oakmoss. Inspired by Bvlgari Black

Yep, there's a lot going on in this. It's a nice blending of everything together and pleasant albeit a little light to me but there none the less. Typical great and copious was whipped from the Fluffy Industries Copper with the Maggards Badger/Boar mix knot. This thing feels so soft I question whether there is boar in it but I remember when I first got it and felt all the prickliness of it. so glad I kept at it and added it to this Special to me handle.

There had been talk of the Micromatic and using an Injector blade which I've read before but haven't done myself. In the name of science I did this morning and got a gloriously smooth shave. I may be off my rocker......................well that's a given but it felt smooth to me than the Gem SS. Nice option for the MM I'll remember. Have a terrific day everyone !
IMG_20211206_213532169_HDR.jpg

07/12/21
Pre - Shower
Brush - Semogue Torga C5 Boar
Soap - Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor - Rockwell 6S - R3
Blade - Wizamet Super Iridium (7)
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Floïd Balm
A/S - Floïd SE Mentolado Vigaroso
Wk49 (3).JPG
It took some time to get the lather going today, i always need to remind myself to overload a boar brush when using "The Fat", i got there in the end.
3 passes today, basically because i could. The blade still held up all the way through the shave, i am pretty impressed with it.
A really enjoyable shave.
Stay safe and enjoy your day All.

Sotd-07-12-21.png
Yesterday & today -

razor - Gillette Slim (2)
blade - SuperMax - Super Plat (1&2)
brush - Simpson Special best
soap - Palmolive stick
post - Rosewater & Glycerin
a/s - 4711
balm - Weleda.

Classic tools maketh the classic shave. First vintage choice up is my beloved Slim. I'm lucky enough to have two examples - the other being the gold Aristocrat version. Other than their pretty much flawless performance, what makes these razors special is that they were both gifted to me. I consider myself very fortunate. For some reason I have never fully understood, they shave very differently from each other. Somehow or other I had never used the Palmolive stick before - go figure. I'd agree it deserves the excellent reputation it enjoys. It explodes into life with the least coaxing - to my mind, in terms of performance, it sits alongside the tallow Lea and just short of Valobra. Pretty damn good in other words. The wind is picking up ahead of the incoming storm and it has started to snow - suitably attired I shall go for a wander when it peaks in a couple of hours. Have a good day all - cheers - I.

Face wash then Cube - unscented

Soap: HWF

Brush: Yaqi Heavy metal

Razor: R6S / R3

Blade: Astra SP #2

Post Shave: Alum block - Cien X Bolt

DE Shave #59

It was nearly a Tabac Tuesday shave..........

I assembled the gear and took the sotd pic, into the bathroom and began my shave it wasn't until I was applying the lather to my face that I realised I'd picked up the HWF. My only (poor) defense is that they're in identical tubs. :)

IMG_0316.JPG

Back
Top Bottom