SOTD: Saturday 4 November - Friday 10 November 2023.

And welcome you wonderful people, to part four (or something or other) of my top secret shaves for this week. In this case those SHITT folk have allowed for this shave to be themed, 'XXXX (Would I lie to you baby?)'. This was aimed at putting matters straight in case there was any doubts as to the authenticity of my secret shaves this week.

View attachment 113229

View attachment 113230

XXXX Razor - Stainless Mongoose
XXXX Blade - Kai Titan mild
XXXX Brush - Hive-2
XXXX Soap - :censored:
XXXX Moisturiser - L'Occitane Cade balm
XXXX Scent - Van Cleef Ambre Imperial
XXXX Lipstick by Brian - Rouge de Bolton
'You know what? I've had enough of these shaves so I'm sodding off'

3ONE6, Enoch, there is only one God razor in my humble collection. The Mongoose. Oh hail the Goose. You want accuracy, speed, perfection, smooth and wonderment? Look no further. Just don't look at me though because I fail in every aspect. But as it stands I just couldn't live without the Mongoose. And the Titan mild just reinforces it's status. Pure shaving synergy. Another wank word makes an appearance.

As for the secret shaving recipe ingredient (To be Palmolive Fox about it) it once again throws up a terrific performance even if I do have to say I'm getting bored shitless using it. But I am duty bound to persevere and have you seen the torture methods they use in Bolton? They make you watch The Wanderers.

A most bodacious of shaves and I remain happy, because my psychiatrist makes me that way.

Happy? It can only be that most happy bunch of Japanese girls......

And my Mother-in-law has said I can have any Christmas present I care for up to the value of $1200. I smell a rat here
Lipstick colour looks more like Rage de Liverpool by VAR, Chris, :mad:

Friday 10 November
Comparison with Gillette single ring oc after yesterday’s Rotbart Mond Extra oc revealed a pretty much identical result. Not surprising really particularly when you look at the foto below of both razors with the Gillette on the left. I initially lathered up with Bay Rum shave cream but within seconds it felt like I had applied a blow lamp to my face so I quickly washed it off before lathering with Positano. The vintage Rubberset bristles may look a bit manky and discoloured, definitely original but they are still smooth and flexible so not a problem getting a comfortable face lather. As with the Rotbart yesterday two passes and pick ups completed a bbs result.
The Bay Rum has been consigned to the bin.
Have a great POETS day fellas!

IMG_0371.jpeg

Last edited:
Friday 10th November

ADCreHe0mOg3zjPAwS24wHBmiqWzJAqDLd7nq8d1oNoLCxUmj3YHPhRr4MtQvBgdAqRxxZxbpdjCupyf_kJDfKJnTIbXKi3a0yMPlhaJZu4oit0GWpl7oquDFzTQ7izGIRYOJ8zGH-4YrC_4RkeXdO-L8a5RGQ=w800

Gillette Original Shave Cream & Omega Professional Pure Bristle
Treet Swift II & Treet Swift II Cartridge (7)
Brut Musk Aftershave

Seven shaves for "day one" performance from this cartridge so far! Splash of the best of the flankers for afters. Have a great weekend, folks!

Right then. This is it, 'My final report for this past week of SOTD's' And boy, am I glad to get this one out of the way. It takes long enough to write my usual SOTD's and writing the same old crap and avoiding half of the content has been a misery fest at this end, so God knows how you've managed to plough your way through it all. Not as though I care in any way as inflicting mental torture is part of the job description.

So here it is (and you are going to be disappointed) my Friday shave with the theme, 'XXXXX (deflated)'

Yes you are...

20231109_153324.jpg

XXXXX Razor - Ikon B1
XXXXX Blade - Personna Tomy
XXXXX Brush - PAA Pelegrino
XXXXX Soap - Signature Soaps Coconut
XXXXX Skin stuff - Simple moisturiser
XXXXX Scent - Laboratory Perfumes Gorse

Is that it?
Is that bloody it?
A coconut scented soap?
You boring old git

'Coconut, coconut, coconut. That's all all have bloody heard all this week'

This all started when I asked Brian during my last order if he'd ever considered a coconut scented soap as I didn't really know of anyone who made one outside of Trumpers, which is dreadful stuff. And duly relegated to an equally dreadful shower room hand soap. All that and Voila, this arrives. A one off at the moment, but so many thanks to the man himself for even making a small sample to trial.

Is it any good you may ask. No it's absolute shite. Startling is the best I can say. A little more water thirsty than what I am used to, but play around a bit and the usual Signature standard of rich lather which lasts the distance. And the scent!? Oh my, nothing else but coconut all the way and lingers way beyond the shave itself. Possibly the longest lasting scent from Brian by quite a long shot. And probably most other Soaps I have. As a shaving medium, top drawer performance.

At last a coconut soap which is actually all that. Super stuff. Where Brian takes it from here I have no idea but if it does go and appear on his Web site in some form or another, then I'm in.

On another note I have also praised the 3ONE6 this past week and was always under the impression it was 'aggressive'. After returning to the B1 I realise it's a child's razor for shaving granddad's with.

So as a summary all I can say is that after the past week of showering with the trumpers, washing my hair with coconut shampoo, shaving with the same scented soap and finishing with Gorse perfume I am fed up with smelling like a fucking Bounty bar. Roll on digression and something else.

A great shave though

It's a Friday and that time to award you with Puffyshoes for being so patient for getting this far......and to award you by saying 'I love you all'.......

Right then. This is it, 'My final report for this past week of SOTD's' And boy, am I glad to get this one out of the way. It takes long enough to write my usual SOTD's and writing the same old crap and avoiding half of the content has been a misery fest at this end, so God knows how you've managed to plough your way through it all. Not as though I care in any way as inflicting mental torture is part of the job description.

So here it is (and you are going to be disappointed) my Friday shave with the theme, 'XXXXX (deflated)'

Yes you are...

View attachment 113263

XXXXX Razor - Ikon B1
XXXXX Blade - Personna Tomy
XXXXX Brush - PAA Pelegrino
XXXXX Soap - Signature Soaps Coconut
XXXXX Skin stuff - Simple moisturiser
XXXXX Scent - Laboratory Perfumes Gorse

Is that it?
Is that bloody it?
A coconut scented soap?
You boring old git

'Coconut, coconut, coconut. That's all all have bloody heard all this week'

This all started when I asked Brian during my last order if he'd ever considered a coconut scented soap as I didn't really know of anyone who made one outside of Trumpers, which is dreadful stuff. And duly relegated to an equally dreadful shower room hand soap. All that and Voila, this arrives. A one off at the moment, but so many thanks to the man himself for even making a small sample to trial.

Is it any good you may ask. No it's absolute shite. Startling is the best I can say. A little more water thirsty than what I am used to, but play around a bit and the usual Signature standard of rich lather which lasts the distance. And the scent!? Oh my, nothing else but coconut all the way and lingers way beyond the shave itself. Possibly the longest lasting scent from Brian by quite a long shot. And probably most other Soaps I have. As a shaving medium, top drawer performance.

At last a coconut soap which is actually all that. Super stuff. Where Brian takes it from here I have no idea but if it does go and appear on his Web site in some form or another, then I'm in.

On another note I have also praised the 3ONE6 this past week and was always under the impression it was 'aggressive'. After returning to the B1 I realise it's a child's razor for shaving granddad's with.

So as a summary all I can say is that after the past week of showering with the trumpers, washing my hair with coconut shampoo, shaving with the same scented soap and finishing with Gorse perfume I am fed up with smelling like a fucking Bounty bar. Roll on digression and something else.

A great shave though

It's a Friday and that time to award you with Puffyshoes for being so patient for getting this far......and to award you by saying 'I love you all'.......

And I thought coconut shaving soap was cream to shave your coconuts

IMG_3709.jpeg
SOTD: 09/11/2023

Razor: Stando Rod
Blade: Kai Titan Mild Pink , 10th use
Brush: Highlander “Azzuri” Custom Brush Boti 4th Gen Pink 3 Color Synthetic Knot
Bowl: HC&C Black Straight Wall Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Hampshire Wool Fat No. 3 Puck
Balm: Bart's Balm BEN KILBRECK Balm
Fragrance: Lattafa Philos Pura EdP

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom