SOTD : Saturday 3th - Friday 9th August 2019

SOTD 20190807.

82VjL4f.jpg

Vie-Long foroafeitado SE 2019 synth.
T.O.B.S "Mr. Taylor's" shaving cream.
RazoRock Game Changer GC84-P / Stork Ti "Paladin" handle.
Rainbow Super Stainless (8).
Novaya Zarya "Flower of Brocard" EdC.

Been a while since I posted, never enough hours in the day!
Prep "by my beard" beard oil. Cup of coffee. Wash with neutrogena facial bar. Cup of coffee whilst omega 48 soaks, and klar Kabinett rose blooms . Hot towel with some eucalyptus oil and a few mouthfuls of coffee. Breathe. More coffee. More breathing. Ali Biyikli shavette with Astra SP, two passes, WTG and XTG. Stopped there and used the Muhle R41 again with an Astra SP to tidy. Alum to calm. Slight slip of the hand, so more coffee to rinse out the alum taste from my mouth. Cold towel to close with a smug grin, then a bit of Penhaligons Sartorial making me smell like a tart's window box for the rest of the day. Phew! That was tiring. Time for a coffee and a relax. Lovely to have half an hour to look after myself for once. Hope you all get some time today for self care.

Dom.46261

Palmolive cream
Yaqi Red Marble 24mm Tuxedo synth
Face lather
Gillette Fat Handle Tech (1948, England)
Supermax Stainless
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Floïd Mentally Vigorous

9D0A8A72-4A56-4D5B-BD67-C200E0888DC3.jpeg

I hadn't used the Palmolive cream for a while; and it really is (was?) lovely slick stuff. Three passes with the Supermax/flat bed Tech combo for a tremendously smooth finish; with suitable Mental Vigoration.

7/8/19

Brush - Omega 80265
Soap - 3P
Razor - Wilkinsons Classic
Blade - Shark SS (1)
Post - Witch Hazel
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum Pimento

Like many I imagine I seem to spend a lot of time using Gillette blades, be it their PPI/Russian or Indian made ones and from time to time I find myself getting a little bored of using them and find myself reaching for one of the blades I generally seem to neglect. The Shark SS was today's choice from the ones in the 'dusty' corner. Even though I'd used quite a few over the last few years I seemed to forget what it was like to use one. In the shave it wasn't a million miles from an Indian Gillette Wilkinson Sword, a middle of the road blade for sharpness and smoothness, but the Shark SS was a bit tuggier and I needed a bit more work on the clean up pass as there seemed to be more stubble left behind after the third pass than usual.

223E452C-2414-4B42-AFA7-CF4663166F18_1_201_a.jpeg

Muhle R41
KAI
SOC Mistura Badger & Boar "Taj"
MdC Vetiver
Ralon Original AS

Received my first bottle of Ralon AS today from a member in Croatia. As much as I love Pitralon Swiss & German versions, Ralon has been on my try list for a while as it is the only “Pitralon” product offered today based on the original Pitralon German recipe of 1927 and therefore contains boric acid and camphor. Ralon does not appear to be marketed and sold outside of Croatia. As you would expect, it's healing properties are second to none.The original Pitralon formula which Ralon uses, was developed in Dresden in 1927, containing isopropanol , menthol , boric acid and camphor. The Swiss Pitralon deviates from the original recipe and the other versions of Pitralon are also significantly different from the original 1927 Pitralon formula.

For legal reasons, Ralon avoids references to the original "Lingner and Fischer" "Pitralon" recipe from 1927. They are therefore not described as "medicinal" or "austere" as the original Pitralon was, but rather as a "scent of smoky leather supplemented by lilac - rosewood , rose and thyme fragrance and a cinnamon note ". I would say it is more medicinal smelling than Swiss Pitralon but still drys down to that Peary sweet note. The healing properties, as mentioned, are great. It sells for a few euros in Croatia; if you find yourself in that neck of the woods, worth picking-up. For those that love Swiss Pitralon, Ralon will be a delightful addition to your AS's and the only truly original Pitralon 46265.

Back
Top Bottom