SOTD : Saturday 3rd February - Friday 9th February 2018.

I like shaving with both my aluminium razors,the General being the other.They make a nice change from using the stainless steel heavy weights and are easy to manoeuvre around the face. My preferred blade in the SS Razors is the Kai Pink,to mild in the Hawk so I'll stick a Feather Pro or better still a Schick Proline in the Hawk to beef it up.
I don't feel the need to swap to a heavier handle,I like shaving with Hawk as is.
A good razor at an affordable price.

Cheers ;)
Cheers, Pat. I like mine too.

Saturday

Another face freeze experiment...

P&B Denali (sample)
Semogue 2000
Face lather
Gem MMOC
Gem SS PTFE
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Alcolado Glacial Splash

A shout out to @Barry Giddens for forwarding the Alcolado Glacial. Many thanks, Mate!

I struggled to get a decent lather today; and my Semogue shedded about 6-8 bristles. Maybe I didn't soak it long enough...

Anyhoo, another smooth, close finish. I can see why the Glacial sells well in hotter climes: it really is a freezer!!

I think I will be sticking with my synth brushes as my weapons of choice. They are dependable and work better for me.
EF69BF42-801E-482F-8D0D-41DAAB30B267.jpeg

Saturday

Another face freeze experiment...

P&B Denali (sample)
Semogue 2000
Face lather
Gem MMOC
Gem SS PTFE
Thayer's Rose Petal and Aloe Vera
Alcolado Glacial Splash

A shout out to @Barry Giddens for forwarding the Alcolado Glacial. Many thanks, Mate!

I struggled to get a decent lather today; and my Semogue shedded about 6-8 bristles. Maybe I didn't soak it long enough...

Anyhoo, another smooth, close finish. I can see why the Glacial sells well in hotter climes: it really is a freezer!!

I think I will be sticking with my synth brushes as my weapons of choice. They are dependable and work better for me.
View attachment 33089
You're welcome Stephen.

boCQ7SKk_o.jpg

Simspons Milk Churn Best Badger
Yaqi Double Open Comb
Supermax Blue Diamond Titanium (1)
Dusy Klar Kabinett
Thayers Rose, Nivea Balm & Crabtree & Evelyn Sevillian Neroli

They say don't switch too many variables in a shave when you try new products. Switched everything today and it was nothing short of superb. My first use of the Yaqi Double Open Comb (DOC) and as far as build goes it is top quality, no machine marks or any faults, better than a rival DOC (at least the cheapest version). Shaves mildly like the other version and as far as I am concerned is a keeper. Only £6 for the head delivered, an absolute bargain.It also means I finally have a head that fits my vintage handle that has been languishing in a box.

The Simpsons Milk Churn was superb, beyond my Wee Scot my first foray into Simpsons and I think I have found my level, best badger is superb. Reminds me of a finest. A slight whiff to it but it will calm down over coming days. Nice soft fce feel, not scritchy to me at all. Made a superb lather with the Dusy Klar Kabinett, a nice subtle rose scent that I really like. I don't think I could have got a better shave than I had today.

Today's shave:

rdt180203.jpg

- Grooming Dept Wonderland
- Vie-Long 12705B
- Rockwell 2C (R3) with Windrose handle and ASP blade
- Prince Classic aftershave

:)

The soap reminds me of an old dentist's office: clean but also a bit stale or musty, with the smell of some mysterious paste or other freshly preparated concoction still in the air. (My judgement may be clouded by the wisdom tooth removal I had done yesterday, though... it went great; still hurts a bit, but no swelling at all.)

Great description of the scent. I think I'll give that one a miss.
Hope you are on the mend soon.

After three days, I've had the most wonderful shave this morning.

Razor: Solingen Cowboy Straight Razor
Soap: PAA Mal Pais
Brush: Razorock 400 synthetic
Giles Shaving Co brush scuttle
Thayer's unscented Witch Hazel
Fine Snakebite.
Henry et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars Aftershave.

There's no better feeling after a good straight razor shave and a top quality soap :)

Yaqi 24mm 2 band
Wickham 1912 Club Cola
Rockwell 6C plate 4
Supermax Blue Diamond Titanium (3)
Lime witch hazel
Proraso Green ASL
Calvin Klein Eternity Summer EdT

The brush arrived yesterday, long before the estimated delivery date.
After a good rinse in warm water it didn't smell too funky.
It lathered up the Club Cola a treat. It's got good backbone and the tips are quite soft.
Third outing for the Supermax blade and I picked up some small weepers. I think for me these are a two use blade. It seemed to have lost it's smoothness
Although the Rockwell on plate 4 gives a good shave, I think plate 3 suits me better so I'll be switching plates for its next use
I'm defying the weather with Eternity Summer EdT today !

Back
Top Bottom