SOTD : Saturday 31st March - Friday 6th April 2018.

SOTD 20180406.

QNZcemy.jpg

J&T® black walnut / APShaveCo synthetic STF 26 mm.
Scheermonnik "1778".
Schick type O injector (copy).
Schick Chromium (2).
Rebul Jasmine EdC.

View attachment 34615

...second week with the ER1912, this time with a shimmed blade. I can not say at the moment that I prefer the 1912 with a shimmed blade but I am still getting smooth, close shaves. Loving Omega's inexpensive little boars at the moment, just superb with Cella. Finished off with some Floid Aftershave...all is good...
I must admit, I've never felt the need to shim a blade for my 1912s. It's difficult, for me, to see how it would improve the results I get each time. I only shimmed once, with a 1914; as the Gem was a bit loose. It didn't provide a result anything like an unshimmed Gem with a 1912, 1924 etc. Still, mileage and all that.

Z2D9thMH_o.jpeg

Simpsons Milk Churn
Rockwell 6S
Voskhod (1)
Phoenix and Beau Albion
Alum Block, Nivea Balm & Epsilon Blue Mediterranean

A very nice shave today! Using superb products, seeing as it has been a bit sunny for the past two days time to dust off the Albion, forgot how lovely the scent is. Nice and airy and a superb lather. First time using a Voskhod in a long time, must be the first use this year. A good shave at setting 3, nothing to quibble about.

Post shave was all about the Epsilon, I don't have Floid Blue to compare it but for me it was fresh, refreshing and pleasant, quite powdery to me, I was expecting Aqua Velva/ Myrsol Blue but this is a bit different, not as mentholated as I was expecting, much milder than say Floid Mentolado Vigoroso (not that I find that extremely mentholated).

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Baum.be pre-shave gel
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus
Soap: Martin de Candre Fougère
Razor: UFO Goliath / ATT SE1
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (1)
Scent: Caron Le 3' Homme

First use of the MDC soap. Very impressed. Lather was very creamy and persistent throughout the shave, and I loved the scent - what I'd describe as a nostalgic fougère. Three passes and a buff for a DFS+.
I did the sniff test through my splashes, and the one that jumped out as a good match for the soap scent was the APR Lavande violette. Likewise with the beautiful Caron Le 3' Homme EdT to finish.

Friday 6th April

Birch Tar Soap
Vitos Pre Shave Cream
Cyril R Salter Hard Soap
Omega 10098 Boar Brush
Yintal YT9307BZ Bronze effect razor with a Dorco Titan Blade
Alum Block and Rinse
Bart's Balm Lavender ASB
Lavender Water Cologne

The Yintal was bought a few months back to get the brass handle but to be honest I found it to be a very good shaver. The Titan blades are also good. I have no idea about longevity as I normally bin a DE blade after 2 or three shaves. They are made under licence for Dorco in Vietnam.
I will finish off later with a dab of Grey Flannel before I go out for the evening.

Three passes and a slight touch up for dare I say.....a perfect shave:)

Fri 6th April

Omega 11137 bar
Lea Classic soap
PAL Injecto-Matic de Luxe
Schick Proline Type B [ 5 ]
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

Have used NOS & Modern Injector blades in the PAL, which is regarded by many as a Harsh but Efficient Razor. Since stating to use the Schick Proline AC blade [ Type B] that works well in Injectors, the Razor has calmed down and Shaves very smoothly but still efficiently.

Today I had a no hurry Shave with a view to getting a good finish. I did spend some time in doing a lot of polishing up work , and was rewarded with an ultra close all round finish which was accomplished without causing any soreness or irritation. I would urge any PAL owners out there to give this blade a try, I feel sure you will be extremely happy. Actually I find I can get them cheaper than Chicks.

IMG_0049.jpg

Back
Top Bottom