SOTD : Saturday 30th March - Friday 5th April. 2019.

[IMG]

Two Pass Shaving Routine.. :cool:

Hot Water Prep & Massage with Argan Oil
Herder Solingen Stainless Steel Full Hollow 5/8th
Hans Baier Silver Tip
Vitos Tallow Soap
Humphreys Witch Hazel

I Am Having a Herder Solingen Shaving Week..My 3rd Herder of Three..I had a Lovely Shave Today with My Recently Acquired Stainless Herder Solingen 5/8th...Me Like Herders...:love:

I Am Dolphin Smooth & Refreshed...:)

Billy

Saturday 30th March

Pears Glycerine Soap
Ingram Shaving Cream
Yaqi Mysterious Space 26mmTuxedo Brush
Yaqi 'Charcoal' with a Treet Durasharp Carbon Steel Blade
Alum and Rinse
Simple Facial Toner
Dove Moisturiser
Epsilon Blue AS

After a pretty awful night shift I needed a wake up call to get me up and running today. Enter the Ingram cream which will become a rarer sight in 'the wild' as it appears to have been discontinued. To increase the effect I also decided to have a cold water shave. This is not something I would do normally . The mind set for me is that a shave should involve lots of hot steaming water and throwing lots of cold water round me is paying penance for some terrible unforgivable sin.

Despite my misgivings.......the shave was actually very good.
3 passes for an excellent face feeling finish. It will however take a little time before I consider this to be 'normal' behaviour!

Saturday, 30 March 2019

PreShave: Warm water, from the tap
Cream: Santa Maria Novella
Brush: Kent BK8
Bowl: My recycled cream bowl
Razor: The Sledgehammer (Merkur 39C)
Blade Feather (1)
Post Shave: Alum

Fragrance: Floris 71/72

The SMN cream is great, lathers well and provides smooth lubrication. After using Russian blades for the past few months, I put a Feather in the razor. I find their reputed sharpness intimidating. This has its benefits: I slow down, take my time and have a good shave. In all, it was a fine shave to start the weekend.

Have a good weekend folks.

Saturday AM 2019-03-30

Moss Anniversary Slate scuttle
Rooney 1/2 Faux Horn Finest (24/50)
Floris Verbena shaving soap (tallow)
Wolfman WR1-OC/Triad Polished-Satin Diamond Titanium
Polsilver Super Iridium (10)
Lagerfeld Classic aftershave (vintage)

The old Floris soap makes wonderful lather. I think it is underappreciated, probably because verbena is not a well-known or liked fragrance. I used the last of the Lagerfeld aftershave. It was good, but I don't think I'll get more.
qoBvsOg.jpg

Cold water rinse
EJ Chatsworth Silvertip Synthetic 21mm
R41 V3 on EJ Chatsworth handle
Rapira Super Stainless
Wholly Kaw Padre Leone sample
Myrsol Agua Balsamica sample
The Great British Grooming Co. beard balm as hair pomade
Bogart's One Man Show EdT

Today I've tested the Rapira SS blade. Very smooth, but not as sharp as the Polsilver SI.

Padre Leone is just among the top-notch shaving soaps, period.

The Agua Balsamica seems to be my favourite out of all the Myrsol AS scents. It's also the cleanest one, it even doesn't contain any fragrance.

Last edited:

Sotd - today - Saturday the 30th of March -

Razor - Colonial Alu General head on Executive Shaving stainless steel handle
blade - Schick Proline (lost count)
brush - Simpsons Chubby 2 best
soap - PAA CaD - vegan
post - witch hazel
a/s - Epsilon Blue
balm - none needed
scent - ADP Mirto de Panarea.

Result - peerless -

A full weeks growth coming off - a lovely shave - enough said - I'm working on my laconic posts - very impressed by the CaD - can anyone explain to me why the name of the soap is capitalised that way? Job done - have excellent shaves - one and all - yours - I.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom