SOTD : Saturday 30th June - Friday 6th July 2018

Ahh, I decided to skip any fast tracking and do it the old fashioned way.

They all have individual characteristics it seems... My first (with ash handle) has a loft of 55mm and the bristles are white, I find it has a ton of backbone and a scrubby face feel whereas my second SOC (this time with a cherry handle) has a loft of 52mm and off-white bristles, despite the lower loft its much softer and floppier than the ash, if I closed my eyes I could be using a Kent silvertip!
I chose the Cherry because of the shorter loft so perhaps an Ash is on the horizon.

SOTD - Saturday 30 June 2018

SOTD_20180630-1024x683.jpg

• Safety Razor: Wolfman Razors - WR1 .67 OC WRH2 polished handle
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Declaration Grooming - 26mm Elite Black Ash Burl LE B5 (Select Badger)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: Barrister & Mann - Seville
  • After-Shave: Storybook Soapworks - Hallward's Dream Soap
  • Fragrance: Coach - Homme

I had know idea about the differing lofts between the Ash and Cherry wood handles. P.

Me neither P. The official loft for both of them is actually stated as 57mm but I think there is a large variance in what actually leaves the factory! The hair in mine seems to be different so there may be more to it than loft alone.

I bought the ash from ShavingStation and the cherry from ShaveLounge, both within a 2 week period. There are other subtle differences between them: The ash one has a larger ferrule around the base of the knot and the bottom of the handle is flat, the cherry one has a slimmer ferrule and the bottom of the handle is uneven so it wobbles around...

Me neither P. The official loft for both of them is actually stated as 57mm but I think there is a large variance in what actually leaves the factory! The hair in mine seems to be different so there may be more to it than loft alone.

I bought the ash from ShavingStation and the cherry from ShaveLounge, both within a 2 week period. There are other subtle differences between them: The ash one has a larger ferrule around the base of the knot and the bottom of the handle is flat, the cherry one has a slimmer ferrule and the bottom of the handle is uneven so it wobbles around...
I guess you will get variations between brushes when they are hand made, I've got a wobbly bottom on one of mine! :) P.

I guess you will get variations between brushes when they are hand made, I've got a wobbly bottom on one of mine! :) P.

Oh its not a problem, I'm glad they arent the same as I can get a different but equally enjoyable experience from each one... As for wobble, well it gives character :)

I've seen the Ash stated as 57mm on Shaving i.e and/or Maguire's and bought the Cherry from Shave Lounge

VintageScent who I think are associated with Semogue somehow state 55mm for both (sorry that's what I meant in my previous reply, not 57mm.) I guess there is a +/- 3mm variation a bit like Simpsons.

SOTD: 1st July 2018.

2.jpg
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Glycerin Soap.

Brush: Yaqi 24mm ~ Sagrada Familia R1730 Synthetic .

Bowl Lather.

Cream : Arko Hydrate.

Blade: Trig ~ (green cover) Stainless Silver Edge (2)

Razor: Sharpy England Handle/ Gillette Tech head .(Frankenrazor )

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lemon Lime,+Peppermint Oil Witch Hazel Mixture/.Boots ~ Moisturising Lotion.

Fonex Gummy ~ Tradtional Turkish Lavender Cologne .

Greetings,

A relaxing 3 pass + pick ups sunday morning shave with no errors to report.

Maiden shave with another hybrid frankenrazor & the arko hydrate cream.The verdict? The Arko Hydrate cream created a wonderful slick lather for the shave, leaving my face feeling smooth & hydrated.

The weight of the stubby handle gave the gillette tech head a smooth efficiency another successful razor/blade duo..The trig blade performed wonderfully on it second outing.

Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Fonex Gummy ~ Tradtional Turkish Lavender Cologne.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling devine.;)
clear.png

Enjoy your sunday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:
clear.png

Last edited:
~SOTD~

Prep ~ Shower, Valbora Tallow Soap
Razor ~ Kropp 7/8ths
Soap ~ Grooming Dept - After The Fire
Brush ~ SOC Badger
Post ~ Thayers Rose petal
Scent ~ Christian Dior - Leather Oud

7/8the Kropp today and the shave was as good as yesterday.
The soap was as slick as shave soap gets which no doubt helped me out.
Dior - Leather Oud to finnish. Perfect.

Have a great day people....P.1530426870336_FullSizeRender.jpg

A5_C43335-5603-4251-846_C-8_BDBA4_F7_A118.png
Rocca & Polsilver
YaQi 2-band
Neroli

Using the OSP Neroli cream again with the Rocca and a fresh Polsilver SI and they've all clicked neatly together. One pass and done for today, ready to watch the Red Arrows a little later at a nearby air show! Great weather for it, too!

I have a Muhle Rocca waiting for me at home, this is the first razor I've purchased in a long time and I did it on the basis of the R41 being one of my best razors.
In terms of aggressiveness I expect this to be less aggressive than the R41, beyond that I have no idea where it sits in the spectrum of razor aggressiveness.

How do you like yours? Can you compare it to another razor? :)

I have a Muhle Rocca waiting for me at home, this is the first razor I've purchased in a long time and I did it on the basis of the R41 being one of my best razors.
In terms of aggressiveness I expect this to be less aggressive than the R41, beyond that I have no idea where it sits in the spectrum of razor aggressiveness.

How do you like yours? Can you compare it to another razor? :)
It's quite unlike any other razor I've tried but perhaps similar to a Futur/Progress on 5-5.5?
Or, not dissimilar to a Fatip Picolo I had briefly. It's been a little while since I owned another De however so difficult to draw comparison. :) I love it though, it's great!

Sun 1st July

Omega 11126
Speick Active soap
Schick Type F
Schick S/S Single - Japan [ 12 ]
Tuff Red A/S Lotion

Another Weekend so it comes the Type F for a leisurely Shave, prior to another day out officiating. An excellent Razor/Blade paring as once again I had a most comfortable Shave with a typical F good finish. Will keep the blade going to test its longevity, as I have not used this Japanese Injector blade much. So far it seems to be worth the extra as it performs so well.

IMG_0144.jpg

Back
Top Bottom